Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC 19th april

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by bis12047106, Mar 7, 2016.

1. griffo98

griffo98 Royal Marines Commando

I do a 7.5 mile run on Mondays then 3 sets of press ups, sit ups and pull ups
    Tuesday's I do 20 hill sprints that take about 25-30 seconds each
    Wednesday I do press ups, sit ups and pull ups again.
    Thursday's I do a 5.5 mile run
    Friday's I do the bodyweight exercises again and Saturday I do 1hr 45 minutes swimming at a club.
    Press ups to the bleeps I can just about do 60 and 85 sit ups then the pull ups I can do 13 to the bleeps which makes it so much harder!
    What about you?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bis12047106

bis12047106 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Sounds like a good plan, very similar to mine.
    Monday- bft and 3sets of press, sits and pull ups.
    Tuesday- 3sets same as above. With weighted squats and lunges. Then 3 or 4 mile run.
    Wed- rest
    Thursday- hill sprints followed by press ups and pull ups
    Friday - 3 sets of press ups, sits and pull ups.
    Saturday- interval (same as on rm training tool.) followed by RMFA to bleep. And squats and lunges again.
    Sunday- 6-10 mile steady jog.

And RMFA im getting 60 press ups, 85sit ips and 10 pull ups.
    Have you started learning any of the memorable dates and vc winners yet? I think i will probs start in the next couple of weeks

• Like Like x 1
  3. blindman3004

blindman3004 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    stats at the moment - 9:20 1.5mile return, 11.3 bleep, 48 pressups, 10 pullups, max situps

routine has changed and this is currently what I am doing, was running alot more before but shins are feeling it so cut my running down.

mon - active recovery - swimming
    tues - training with afco marine - get beasted for an hour and a half
    wed- 45 min run aiming for 6 miles in under 43 or sometimes fintan circuit
    thurs-(arnys hillsprint i think i got this from) 1 mile warm up run in under 7 minutes warm up then hill sprints normally 20 sets with every 5 set do 10 squats 10 lunges - followed by 3 miler aiming for under 22:30
    frid - circuit training with my mate (bear crawls fireman, drags etc..)
    sat- long distance run - 10 miles-13 miles trying to keep it at a 7 minute per mile pace
    sun - rest

I try and fit in some swimming whenever I can as I am very weak swimmer, I can barely do a length *text deleted*

nearly every week day I try and aim to do 200 pressups throughout the day i.e. sets of 20

had 6 weeks to prep for this prmc! 4 weeks to go! feeling nervous but confident!

4. griffo98

Hopefully most people will pass then.
    I'm not going to stress too much about the knowledge and stuff because from what I can tell it's not as important as it would be for an officer, I will still learn a bit though.

5. AnyName

AnyName New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Who else is on this?

6. blindman3004

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Theres a couple threads on this date already mate! How are feeling and your stats?

• Like Like x 1
  7. AnyName

AnyName New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    It wouldn't let me post anything on them earlier not to sure why. I'm feeling good well I failed one on the 5th of January ended up pulling myself of at the end of the endurance course not knowing I only had the run back to camp to do. Are you on this prmc then?

8. AnyName

AnyName New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm on this one

9. blindman3004

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ah how was bottomfield? And the swimming? There the 2 bits im nervous about! And yes mate im on this one!

10. tesco2marine

tesco2marine Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Not on this PRMC but reading it has made me excited for my PJFT in 2 weeks!

Currently training 3/4 runs a week including a sprinting session do 3 circuits a week and 1 swim! Once I've passed my PJFT I want to start getting the bleep test practise In as this is what everyone seems to fail on! How's everyone finding the blee test at the minute?

Best of luck lads nearly there!

11. blindman3004

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    getting above level 11 on the bleep test have done it a few a times, if your ready for it you could probably book a prmc in 2 weeks, guy I train with past his PJFT and managed to get on mine PRMC 2 weeks notice!

12. tesco2marine

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Oh really that's good to hear!! Is that after BFT too? I struggle with the return run I can do the PJFT outside but I think I'm going to try and play around with the speed rather than have a constant 15kmh!

13. blindman3004

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    its straight after our weekly phys session with our AFCO marine and we always run 2 bleep tests in a row *text deleted* hangout but it making us fit! wasn't confident for the bleep but i think i have done the bleep test 6 times now with one more next week so happy with that, practice breeds confidence in my opinon!

14. blindman3004

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    oh in regards to the PJFT i had major major trouble with that, i could smash it outside but inside couldnt do it, massive mental block, i did level 14.6 til i got to about 6 or 7 minutes and then ramped it level .5 every minute passed with a 9.49, so might be worth trying that mate!

15. tesco2marine

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Yeah mate that's well good! I definitely agree the more you do it the more comfortable and confident you feel!

I'll give that a go I'm doing a mock PJFT tomorrow after work!

I think you're the chap that gave me the advice about the foam roller, got one for £9 and been using it for the last couple of weeks, works an absolute treat! Get in from run stretch then foam roll then ice and I'm good as new! Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Good luck chaps. Train hard and you'll smash it.
    Fibo

• Like Like x 1
  17. mash57

mash57 Member

It seems a lot of lads are failing in the gym . Prob down to bleep test. If you can get a place where you can practice it and make sure your getting over level 11. Black Thursday is just a case of are you tough enough! So just Keep going show determination

18. mash57

mash57 Member

Just reading your posts and remembering *text deleted* myself before I did prmc *text deleted*. I'm currently in training now so if you've got any questions feel free to ask.

19. bis12047106

bis12047106 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Cheers mate, what week of training are you on? How did you find prmc, any last minute tips you could give?

20. griffo98

Is anybody taking a foam roller on the course? Is it even allowed?