Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Featured PRMC 19th March 2019 - 18-044

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by RCTJ0012, Mar 23, 2019.

1. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I have tried to remember the times as best as I can, however I may be off by 15 minutes in either direction so I do apologize, if there are any other lads on here that were on this PRMC feel free to message me and I’ll edit the times accordingly. The same goes for anything I may have missed, thanks.

25 Started this course, 15 passed. Only 1 lad got an A grade and of course he won the Halliday award which he 100% deserved so well done to him!

I passed PRMC with a C Grade which is a pass but in my opinion not great. I know my weakness was sit-ups and probably running but I will work on that and start RT as strong as I can get.

Vo2 max = 11.4
    Press ups = 60
    Sit-ups = 41
    Pull-ups = 10
    1.5 Mile return time = 09:23
    Assault course time = Unknown for now, I will contact my AFCO and update it when I receive a response.

Tuesday

I got the train around 12:45 from Bristol to Exeter St Davids, within 2 minutes of getting on the train I had already bumped into other PRMC candidates. As I don’t know trains too well I decided to just stay in my assigned seat rather than risk having some train person give me lip for swapping seats.

Once we got to Exeter St Davids, a group of around 7 of us formed and we had the usual meet and greet chats and proceeded to swap to the Lympstone train. Once boarded we all congregated to one end of the train and swapped stories about where we were from etc… then we sat quietly for a bit, probably all thinking the about what absolute storm is coming… Getting closer to Lympstone, personally I felt very excited yet extremely nervous of the unknown, not too sure about what the other lads were thinking but I reckon it was near enough the same.

We arrived at Lympstone Commando and there were already a good group of around 10 lads stood on the platform, again the usual meet and greet happened and then we stood in a line and waited for someone from CTCRM to come and get us.

A little while later, the Corporal came out and let us know who’s in charge we then followed in a single file to the accommodation (always pick your kit up, never drag it). Once we go to the accommodation we were told to leave out kit near our assigned beds and line up in the hall, we were shown what forms to fill in and told to have a partner to proof read it for any mistakes.

After we had done all that, we were told to get our bed linen and clothes for the next few days. We got the bed linen from a room in the same building as the bunks and were taken by the Corporal to the laundry building for the clothes and we carted them back into the accommodation. We also collected a water bottle and boots from a room next to the bunks as well, this took quite a while for some of us as the boots were ill-fitting and not so organized according to size.

We were then shown drill outside in the courtyard which consisted of lining up in 3 ranks, standing at attention and standing at ease. We did this a few times to get it into our head, there were mess ups which resulted in press-ups being done in our suits hah!

We were sent back inside to complete our forms and admin then told to line up outside the Corporals office in numbered order, this was where the Corporal took our weight and height and inputted it into the system.

The rest of the night was spent making the beds, polishing boots and chatting. There is also a board with the duties of each dorm colour, such as cleaning the corridors/heads/ablutions etc… So pay attention to that and get it done in a timely manner.

Wednesday

Alarm set for 05:20 but I woke up around 05:00 along with a couple of other lads in my dorm, we showered, shaved, brushed our teeth and got into our suits. Breakfast was assigned for 06:15 if I remember correctly so we tidied up our dorms and headed down to the dinner hall. The food wasn’t too bad it was filling and it was fuel so that’s the main point, nothing to write home about.

Once breakfast was done (you eat in like 10-15 minutes as fast as you can) we headed back to our dorms and checked the green board for the days tasks. We had to change into PT rig, remove all jewelry and watches and be lined up outside our dorms by 08:00 if I remember correctly.

We were then marched to the gym for the start of the gym tests. We got there and met the PTI’s who are absolute tanks and you must listen to everything they say and do everything they say, don’t fidget, look at them when they speak and give max effort all the time. Never look weak or they will call you out on it and either say something not so nice to your face or give you extra phys which you don’t need. Also when they say move somewhere you sprint!

We started the gym tests with a brief from the PTI then lined up in coloured number order for the Vo2 max test. This test was all about technique rather than speed, speed does matter but if you slip and slide around it will cost you time and you will get warnings then pulled off which unfortunately did happen to a lad in my dorm. I don’t know the lowest score but the highest was 13.4, we had a young natural runner in our dorm and he completely smashed it.

Once this test was done we moved onto the press-up test, pretty self explanatory I’m sure you’ve all seen the PRMC videos… I was actually an odd number so I didn’t have a partner and ended up having a PTI be mine for the press-ups and sit-ups test, it was nerve wracking to say the least. Press-up test complete, we moved onto sit-ups again pretty self explanatory there were lads who maxed out here and some lads like myself didn’t do so well. Pull-up test next, we sprinted to the bars and got ready for the last gym test. The PTI’s will give you a towel to wipe your hands and one of you in line will wipe the bar, use the floor’s dust to dust your hands prior to starting the test. Once this was done we lined up in 3 ranks again and waited.

At this point the PTI’s circled us like sharks and started checking down each lads top, turns out they were looking for jewelry which they did find on a lads neck and in turn we all got told to drop into the press-up position and hold it. On their command we will bend, stretch, or hold with our chest near the floor. This was agonizing and it felt like it went on for 20 minutes when in reality it was probably around 3 or 4 minutes.

Gym tests done we headed back to the accommodation, showered and changed into our suits ready for scran. We headed to scran and wolfed down some food then back to the accommodation and changed into PT rig again and got ready for the 3 mile run.

We all lined up and waited for the PTI to take us to the start of the run, we moved as a very bad troop all out of sync as you can guess, really bad sight to be honest but we got to the camp entrance in one piece.

We were told to sprint over the bridge, place our bottles down and form up in 3 ranks in the car park opposite the camp and wait for the PTI. We did as were told and waited. At this point we were shown a warm-up routine from the PTI which really got my legs going and blood pumping. It consisted of squats, lunges, high knee sprints and some warm-up routine where you grab a partner, hold hands and sort of sprint with your arms if that makes sense..?

Anyway, we formed up again and set off on the first 1.5 mile at the PTI’s pace which was pretty good at first until the PTI heard some of the guys talking and decided sprinting and telling us to keep up was a good form of punishment. Word of warning, the PTI’s are insanely fit and will run circles around you no matter who you are, don’t get on the wrong side of them or you will pay in phys.

First 1.5 mile done we formed up again and got counted down to the second 1.5 mile run. On the PTI’s go we legged it back to camp, this was really all about breathing properly and not stopping. We finished the return and told our names to the Corporal at the finish line who then told us to line up behind different cones depending on our times.

At this point I believe 1 or 2 lads may have been removed from the course which is a shame but it happens I guess.

Back to the accommodation we went, we were told to grab our swimming kit and be lined up outside ready to be taken to the pool. We got to the pool, had a quick wash off before lining up on the pool edge and listening to the PTI’s brief. We were directed to jump in the water on the PTI’s command and breastroke to the other side of the pool, depending on your form the PTI will give you a 1 or 2, 1 being good no issues, 2 being you need to work on your form/have someone teach you.

We then lined up under the 3m diving board according to our numbers and waited. The PTI told us we will jump into the pool from the 3m board, breastroke the length of it, then the width and finally back down the length where a Corporal will be waiting with a brick ready to chuck it in the pool for you to dive down and get. You get 3 total attempts or you fail the swimming section. Pretty straight forward, I’m a good swimmer so it wasn’t hard for me except when I went for the brick where I ended up getting a lungful of water just before diving down *text deleted*.

Swim tests done, I think 1 or 2 lads may have had issues here which resulted in them having to have a chat with the Corporal back at the accommodation later on and I think they may have been dropped from the course.

We all headed back to the accommodation, showered, sorted out our admin and got ready for dinner at 17:00. I believe there was a briefing after dinner about SQ’s although this could have been before dinner so I do apologize if I got it wrong.

Back to the dorms and we got more admin done and were allowed to go for “Nine O’ Clockers” which wasn’t too bad, the portion size is smaller but food is fuel so get what you can.

At some point during the evening we had a chat with a Diamond Recruit, I can’t remember when it was but we did have a chat with him, it was good and a lot of questions were asked. It was about a 30 minutes session in the courtyard.

Thursday

Up at 05:00 again, showered and suited up by 05:45 and got a bit of the admin and cleaning done then headed to breakfast for 06:15. Try and eat a lot here because you will need it for today’s Bottom Field Assault Course and Endurance Course.

We lined up in our Phys rig which was combat pants, combat t-shirt, combat shirt, boots, belt and a helmet. We were briefed on what was about to come by the PTI then headed down to bottom field. We got down there and set our bottles and helmets down then formed up in 3 ranks by the low ropes.

We did not do the usual Tarzan Assault Course due to insurance issues so we just did the bottom field assault course.

We were briefed on how to cross a rope safely with an example done by another PTI, watch closely and do exactly as they say/show you. We all formed up in 3 different lines ready to cross the low rope. We all did this twice to get a feel for it then moved to the next obstacle which was the ladder, high rope, plank crossing, higher rope and net wall. We were given another brief and example and again, told to line up and get ready to smash it.

This obstacle was a bit more sweaty palms as it got quite high and if you didn’t listen to the PTI’s properly, your balance or lack of, will shake the rope because you didn’t keep your left leg straight down and could cause you to fall quite a distance if you let go. Anyway, my turn to do this and on command of the CI (course instructor who was a WO2) I got up and over the lower rope with no issues, then came the wooden plank crossing. I’m not afraid of heights but at this point it felt dodgy due to the heavy boots and bouncy planks so I crossed it slightly slower than normal to get a feel for it and was told to do it again more confidently, which I did. A couple of guys had problems with crossing the planks here but they eventually went over them, kudos to them for facing their fears. Then onto the big high rope to rope wall. This was a feeling and a half, I’m getting sweaty hands typing this out but keep your head up and left leg down, pull yourself hand over hand and you’ll be golden. Some lads had a few issues on this part where they were over thinking it or not thinking at all and getting off the rope to the rope wall was done in an unsafe manner.

Once this obstacle was done we formed up in 3 ranks and were told to do 10 sit-ups, 10 press-ups and 10 squats. You always do the press-ups facing the estuary as it’s down hill so that means your legs will be raised and you always do the sit-ups facing up hill, for squats you can do them anywhere so don’t worry about them.

Someone did mess up here and one of the PTI’s called him out on it which turned into a big scene with lots of shouting etc… I’m sure you all get it!

Assault Course time. This was my favorite part of the course despite it being exhausting, I found it fun and it was like being a kid again messing around outside and jumping over walls and bridges. We got shown how to do all obstacles properly before actually doing the timed assault course but I will not be putting that in here.

This course started with the tank trap which is just a gap filled with water, you jump over and MUST LAND with BOTH FEET at the SAME TIME. Every time you jump off something, land with both feet or else you will be made to do it again or get dunked in the wet tank.

Next obstacle was the 6 foot wall, followed by the slanted metal pipe wall (forgot the name) but you get over it in 3 steps then onto the scramble net, which is a low net where you must prone crawl under it then move onto the monkey bars, at this point dry your hands on your jacket as the pebbles under the scramble net are wet. Cross the monkey bars however you want but don’t fall in because it’s cold and you don’t want that, yet. I had no issues up to this point so that’s good. Now onto the zig-zag walls, you climb up a small ladder, walk on the first wall, jog on the second and sprint on the third and jump off landing with both feet into a pebble landing. Next obstacle was a slight climb up some metal bars to a rope crossing, you cross that like you’ve been shown before then down the other side, again jumping off from the second to last metal bar landing with both feet. Then the wooden bridge crossing came, you MUST run over this in 3 steps landing with 2 feet on the other side or else you will either get told to do it again or get dunked in the wet tank, which is what happened to one of the lads, after this it’s an easy 5 foot wall and a horrible sprint up a slight hill to a metal pipe/bar wall. Sorry for the terrible explanations by the way, there are names for these but I can’t remember them. Anyway, get over that then onto the tunnels… Get through them as fast as you can and onto the final rope climb wall, tug on the rope twice then proceed upwards and once you reach the top we were told to yell our surname followed by Corporal then get down the other side and sprint to the finish, again saying your surname and corporal.

Bottom Field Assault Course complete, we cooled down by walking in a circle waiting for the next command.

The next command was to print to the monkey bars, jump into the water and fully submerge yourself then sprint back up to the PTI who was waiting near the 5 foot wall. This is where it got a bit harder because it was oppo drag time. You partner up and are told to drag your partner up the hill, swap and do it again. There were fireman carry’s, baby carries, body drags and seat belt drags. Honestly, the body drags were the hardest for me, they really got my quads and knees burning. My partner who was only 16 was an absolute beast on this, he carried me without much issue but when it was my turn I was struggling hard. The easier carry for me was the seat belt carry as the weight is on your back and you can just get your head down and go. This lasted until all partners had done all the drags twice.

Something happened here and I’m not sure what it was but it ended up with all of us in the press-up position, doing the usual bend, stretch, hold routine.

All of these drags done we were told to sprint around the tunnels and meet the PTI in the middle of the field. This was the sprint and cover exercise, so we started by standing up and when the PTI yelled sprint, we ran and when he said down, we dropped into the prone position and crawled.

Try to keep your head and behind down as much as possible, because if you don’t you’ll be told to move back 20m which you don’t want. In my case what I did was grab fistfuls of grass and pull myself while frog kicking my knees to help. Which seemed to work well because I was bout the 5th or 6th man that made it to the top. Once that was done the PTI told us to follow the other lads that had finished that and we sprinted around the monkey bars and tank trap then back up to the PTI near the tunnels.

We formed up in 3 ranks and were given a group 1 to 3. On the PTI’s command your group would either sprint around the rope wall and back, around the scramble net and monkey bars and back, or up the grassy hill and do 5 pull-ups, 5 sit-ups, 5 dips, and 5 squats then back. Each group did each evolution once then back to the PTI.

This was followed by us being told to lie down with our legs raised 6 inches off the ground, it doesn’t sound like much but imagine having wet boots which seem to double in weight and also being wrecked from all the cardio you’ve done. It’s hard. On the PTI’s command we had to raise, open, close and lower our legs. Again, this is difficult and gets your legs burning hard but try to keep up as best you can remember, don’t look weak!

Now it was time for the bear crawls, rabbit jumps and crab walks on both sides up the big grassy hill… The hill isn’t massive but getting up it in these positions is extremely taxing on your legs and lower back. This took it out on me, my legs were wrecked by the time I had to do the crab walks, finally finished them off and was told to jog around bottom field from the wooden bridge to the tank trap and back up to the PTI.

We formed up and kept our feet moving, any time you are forming up or in a gaggle, keep your feet moving!

Evolutions complete. We jogged in a troop to our water bottles and re-hydrated then headed back to our accommodation. By now I was feeling it and was eager to get the endurance course done.

Back at the accommodation we changed into another PT rig which was combat trousers, combat jacket, combat boots belt and of course your water bottle. We had scran out of mess tins in the courtyard and got about 30-45 minutes of down time to eat, have a chat and get our admin done prior to heading to Woodbury Common for the endurance course.

At this point I was in the dorm just waiting to leave when the Corporal came in and asked who had boots on, since only I did I said me and he told me to follow him. I went to his office and he asked me if I'm good with dogs, which I’m not and I said that but it didn’t matter, he wanted me to keep a dog entertained out in the courtyard as it was whining and howling in the office. I tried my best but this dog wasn’t having any of it, he was a curious one and wanted to explore inside the accommodation, anyway I had to look after him for about 20 minutes and got a lot of funny looks and chats from the PRMC and fully trained commando lads.

Food in us, we loaded onto a coach and had about a 20 minute drive to the endurance course.

Once we arrived, we followed the PTI to an opening on the course and set our bottles down then had the usual warm-up routine.

Warm-up routine done we followed the PTI to the first part, keep in mind the ground is rough here so were told to be careful and try not to twist or break anything. The first obstacle was a dark tunnel that must’ve been around 30-40m long. It’s dark in here and you end up going off hand feel, it also darts left and right so if you’re claustrophobic it won’t be a great experience. I think we may have done this twice then headed to St Peter’s pool which was a fast sprint away. No time to think you get straight into the freezing water, it’s nice on your legs because it sort of revives them but it really hurt my head, it was like brain freeze x1000. So, we all held the rope and were told by the PTI on his command we will fully submerge ourselves and once we hear him yell “up” we stand up. Personally I couldn’t hear anything so I ended up putting my hand on the shoulder of the guy in front of me and hoping he was able to hear, which worked out for me but some other lads came up too early and we had to do it 3 times!

Out of St Peter’s Pool and onto “Pays to be a winner”, by this point you’re soaking wet and probably have another 20KG on your weight. This is where you race the guy next to you and whoever gets to the top first stays there and whoever loses has to do it again. You start in the prone position and on the PTI’s command up you go. Now unfortunately for myself and the guy next to me, we both finished at the same time so we both had to go back down and do it again. Second time round I won by a big margin but it didn’t matter because there were only about 2 lads left to do it so yeah… I didn’t get much of a break.

Time to sprint to the next obstacle was the sheep dip but just before that there is a a little swampy mess that the PTI tells you to run through as hard as you can. If you do it right you’ll faceplant in the water, if you do it wrong, you do it again. I went full speed into this and sure enough, I faceplanted and was told to stand next to the sheep dip and wait for the other lads. Keep your feet moving!

Now for the sheep dip, this was pretty relaxed because you’re in cold water which sucks but does help with the pain you’re going through. We got a demo thanks to a couple of our lads and the PTI’s instruction. My turn, first time I tried to go through I lost my footing and ended up floating somehow, which the PTI saw and yelled at me (fair enough I messed it up), did it again second time no problem. I was told to help the other lads through the sheep dip, so get low and stick your arm in as far as possible, once you feel your mate you grab him and pull him up as hard as possible.

Unfortunately one lad didn’t go through it and got pulled off here, which again is a big shame.

Sheep dip done, we had to run up a hill and do 15 burpees while we waited for the PTI’s.

We ran down into a little valley and were told to get a partner and number off 1 or 2. I was number 1 so that meant I lay flat on the floor, the number 2’s would straddle you and have to keep you down. If you managed to get up then you reset and started over. I believe you call this controlled aggression.

Now unfortunately for me I got some tall lad who knew what he was doing and he completely over-powered me but alas, I tried my hardest and didn’t give up. Evolution done we lined up and said we will race our partner up a little hill, around a tree and back to the starting point. We did this and it was hell.

Onto the next obstacle, we lined up again at the bottom of a hill next to our partners and waited for the command to run backwards up the hill while keeping your shoulders forward. This was another race and it was a close one at that.

Race over, we kept our feet moving at the top of the hill while we waiting for the other guys to finish. I got a bit of a rest here as myself and my partner were the first ones in line.

The PTI came up top and we sprinted behind him to the next part of the endurance course which were the body drags again, same format as the morning ones but this was a race between partners from the morning session so I partnered up with the young kid and we went for it. Now honestly this kid did not stop and he kept me going, we finished after what felt like forever and got a banana each courtesy of the training team.

One we inhaled the banana we sprinted to the next obstacle which were tunnels, one was small where you had to prone crawl through it and one was larger where you could go on your hands and knees. I started with the larger one due to the smaller line to get into it, went through it and was told to sprint up a hill round a tunnel then get into the second tunnel. Now it was the small one and it was cold, it stank and it was pretty hard to not get kicked in the face/water in your mouth here. Again, got through that and formed up in a line with our feet moving.

The next obstacle was a prone crawl through a mess of mud, stinky water and whatever else is in there. It was pretty bad and again I got kicked in the face haha! So you crawl through this slushy mess for about 50m maybe, which takes it out of you, you touch a wooden board and up you get. Line up and move your feet.

Once everyone had caught up (didn’t take too long but we got a nice little rest for a minute), we followed the PTI through the woods and up a rocky hill. This was probably around 800m to a little flat slightly uphill clearing. The PTI told us to do lunges all the way to where he was stood (50m away) with our knees touching the ground each time. This was very, very hard for me and I had to stop a few times to stop the burning, as did other lads.

We go to the PTI one by one and were told to get some water in us and form 3 ranks. We all formed up and the PTI asked me how I felt, to which I responded “F*text deleted**text deleted*d Corporal” which got a laugh from some of the lads and the PTI confirmed that’s how you should feel. Finally, we walked back up to the coach and were told to take off our wet jacket, put a dry one on and get a hot lemon tea as well as a mars bar and a tracker bar. This was the best part, the tracker bar was insanely good!

Back on the coach and back to camp, we arrived put all our wet kit and boots outside in the courtyard and took a shower. We got into our suits and did a lot of admin such as cleaning boots, sorting out the heads/showers and dorms and got ready for a lecture courtesy of the PTI.

At this point I think only 15 were left and we all felt pretty good but very tired. We lined up and followed the PTI to the lecture hall. It was probably around 16:00 now, so the day was almost over. We had to wait for another lecture to finish so we were lined up in the hall and the PTI was having a bit of a laugh with all of us which was pretty funny, throughout the endurance course he would come up to you and ask you a random question such as whats’ your favorite dinosaur *text deleted*.

Anyway, we had a lecture off the PTI about physical fitness, recovery and Hunter troop which was very informative and we all got a good amount of info off him along with a couple of war stories which were very interesting. We were told we would have a stretching session from him later on that night.

After this lecture we headed back to the dorms and lined up again waiting for the CI to take us to a lecture courtesy of himself. By this point it was about 17:00 I reckon and most of us had thought we probably passed but weren’t sure yet. So we had a lecture from the CI about the course and he confirmed we had all passed at this point, the mood in the room lifted so much and everyone was happy. He gave us some proper good information about the corps and how to carry ourselves outside in civvie street, really good info… “Gen Dit” I believe they say.

Lecture over we went to scran around 18:00ish and refueled then lined up again and were met by the Corporal and had a quick brief on admin and were told to get ready to head to the gym for a stretching session by the PTI.

We had a good relaxed 45 minute session in the gym just being taught different stretching routines, we also got a chance to ask the PTI whatever we wanted. It was great!

At this So we tidied up again and spent the rest of the night relaxing and chatting between us.

Friday

05:00 – I woke up along with a couple of other lads in my dorm, we showered, shaved did the usual routine and got ready for breakfast at 06:15. We headed there and ate then back to the dorm and started slowly packing away our kit and tidying up. We were told to be lined up for a brief by 07:20 for another lecture.

We did end up picking our boots up between the brief about the lecture and the lecture itself if I remember correctly. So yeah we all got our boots and headed back to the dorms for a line up.

This lecture was about MPCT, it was an informative lecture but none of us really cared for it to be honest. Not many questions were asked here.

The next lecture was by a civvie who helps transition recruits from week 1 to 15. This lecture was my favorite, he had some really good information about adversity and mindset and how to deal with obstacles in your life (training). He gave us some recommendations on books to read and encourage us to question anything he said should we not agree with him. It was great and as I said I enjoyed this lecture a lot.

Lecture done a couple of people from Exeter University showed up to brief us on running data collection. We had to balance on one leg, walk and then run on a rubber mat they had set up outside the dorms, this was collecting how you run so if there are any issues in training they can help you get back to your regular healthy running/walking stance.

After this was done we all packed up our kit, suited up, got a packed lunch from the CI and got ready to leave CTCRM. We all lined up outside our rooms and got a final word from the CI and Corporal and told to head down to the train platform.

We all headed down and ended up getting a train around 11:00.

PRMC complete, apologies for the massively long essay. I hope I haven’t missed anything here, I'm not the best storyteller/essay writer and I hope I remembered everything in the correct order. PRMC was a great eye-opening experience.

I know exactly what I need to work on prior to RT (legs, core, interval training). I will be taking a week off from any training as per the PTI's recommendation. Again, sorry for this being so long I tried to cover everything.

• Like Like x 27
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Don't apologise, it was a good read; detailed and informative. Thanks for taking the time.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks, took me 2 hours and I bet I still missed something haha!

• Like Like x 1
  4. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Congratulations mate! Very good read too. I have my PRMC at the start of may so this helps me massively.
    When do you start RT?

5. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Good luck to you man! I'm going to start RT in around 3 months I think, I want to take some time to recover, stretch and get fitter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Me like :)

A good diary, just what we want. Particularly like the dog minding bit.

Good effort, well done & good luck in Recruit Training.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    There's a certain air that follows Corporals around, I can't quite explain it either but it's a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Yip.

I always remember a few years back getting a brief about CTC from a Corps Colonel. He explained than many young recruits may be the alpha male in their family unit at home but the problem with CTC is there are over 700 alpha males in training alone, it can be a humbling experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  9. Pedders

Pedders New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for taking the time too write that diary mate, got my PRMC 14th may. So that was a really good insight as to what to expect, what sort of plan was you following before? I'm doing Sean lerwills plan *text deleted*, seems to be working well but need to get my push ups and sit ups up before I go down....

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  10. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

Well done mate. Good effort to say the least!

• Like Like x 1
  11. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I followed Sean's gainers program for until I was hitting 35/35/35 in press-ups, after that I just kept doing 125 press-ups every time I was in the gym, along with tricep dips, rope push downs and 15kg skullcrushers. I did the same for pull-ups, so I'd do 5 sets of 5 slow negatives and of course lat pull downs. As for sit ups, well I just did sit ups and 10/15kg Russian twists to get more strength. I did go from 20 sit-ups to 40 so that's an improvement and I will hit 85 before I go into RT.

Obviously I was running outside and on the dreadmill too. Hill sprints are recommended and very worth it *text deleted*, it's a hangout but it works!

• Like Like x 1
  12. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I think that’s one of the best diaries I have read!!

Are you allowed to say what books they mentioned are?

Well done mate and all the best for RT

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'm sure revealing the names isn't a big deal the civvie lecturer mentioned anything on Stoic Philosophy and a book called The Obstacle Is The Way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Clueless!

Clueless! New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Congratulations for passing! Actually the best prmc diary I’ve read so far!

• Like Like x 1
  15. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Update on my scores as it seems I can't edit my original post:

Sit ups - 49
    Assault course time - 03:42

Not too bad I reckon, I think if I'd have pushed harder after the 5 foot wall I would've shaved about 8 seconds off my time..

• Like Like x 1
  16. anon1234

anon1234 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Out of interest, what books did you get recommended in the lecture? Would be good to have a read and see if that helps when I go down there.

Cheers !

17. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Anything on Stoic Philosophy and a book called The Obstacle Is The Way.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Stoicism has much to be said for it but like many philosophies, dip into them and cherry pick what works for you.

A good primer here:
    https://dailystoic.com

• Like Like x 1
  19. westy

westy Well-Known Member

If it helps, you can follow Stoic Conditioning on Instagram, not advocating buying into the brand but they post Stoic meditations daily!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. anon1234

anon1234 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, appreciate it