Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Featured PRMC 19th March 2019 - 18-044

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by RCTJ0012, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Whats the Halliday award? Do you get anything?

2. STG97

STG97 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I believe they got a water bottle and maybe a hand towel with the globe and laurel on it. Also I think the recipient has their name engraved on the award.

3. Daffs

Daffs New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thank you, very informative -@Brookies read this Diary

4. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

The winner got their name engraved on the award and got given a framed certificate stating they won the award.

5. epicurean

epicurean New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just about squeezed every last detail into this post didn’t you :D enjoyed this one and makes my stomach go over reading it, can’t wait to get my backside down there again.

Nice to know that PRMC hasn’t changed much since I did mine back in 2010! and that standards have no slipped since women have been allowed to apply.

I think anyone else reading your post should take on board what you’ve said because a lot of people train for vanity rather than practicality, definitely agree that training legs(not stupid heavy weights), core and and incorporating body weight circuits and strong explosive interval training should be prioritised leading up to a PRMC.

“Pays to be a winner” has to be one of the most dreaded sayings in training/PRMC and is seconded only by “in your places for camp circuits” -vomit--vomit-

GOOD LUCK in RT and congratulations passing your PRMC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. EnteKaiser

EnteKaiser New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    What's so horrid about camp circuits? I didn't realise they were so dreaded compared to the other things they have you doing.

7. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I believe they are 800m sprints

8. corvus

corvus Member

Picture this,

You're already absolutely knackered beyond anything you've ever done in a training session on your own before, it's been half an hour of sprints, intense bodyweight circuits and rope climbs already, including a mini 'extra phys' because someone's fingers were slightly spread whilst doing pushups.

Then the doors are opened and you are screamed at to get outside and line up whilst running on the spot making sure your knees come level with your waist, the first circuit feels good to get some fresh air and stretch the legs out of the gym, but you weren't working hard enough so you go again and get told unless you beat the time you set on your first lap (which was all you could give) you'll be going again, and again, except this time you'll be in teams carrying a ridiculously dense and heavy gym mat above your head arms fully outstretched, prize for the winning team, its inevitable, lads are already retching or fully spewing as you filter back inside at warp speed and fully panicking so much they forget their groups and spots (breaking sacred rules along the way such as dont run under the ropes/beams, that's a tax that will be paid later on in the pool) also it's been raining outside so now your shoes and the gym floor are wet and slippy meaning the turnarounds on your sprints are too slow.

Basically it just goes downhill and you have absolutely no control over the matter.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I never understood why that saying was hated until I was staring at the rocky hill about to sprint up it after already getting thrashed, and it doesn't pay to be a winner (at least for me anyway) but you do feel good giving it your all!.

Also camp circuits are pretty horrific considering you've been getting beasted by the PTI's all day, personally it was the various crawls and carries that destroyed me, it was great fun but it hurt the next day...

I cannot recommend training legs enough, do a lot of weighted lunges/leg presses and hill sprints are also great for legs/lungs. I needed to build a base fitness level with a lot of gym specific workouts (main lifts etc..) but now I've built the foundation of fitness I'm using personal experience and the knowledge of my weak points to really step my fitness level up.

Honestly, the gym session wasn't bad at all it was just the gym tests. We did get extra phys which involved holding a press-up position and going down on the PTI's command because of a lad who was wearing jewelery, that was hard. Also, no one puked in the gym only 1 guy did on the bottom field, which was followed by the PTI calling him "princess", he passed PRMC as well so kudos to him.

10. corvus

corvus Member

I wasnt talking about prmc... ;)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  11. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    In that case, i'll get back to you in a few months :D