PRMC 22nd July 08

Hoff

Reaction score
Aiming for this PRMC! Could be a hot one?!

Application: 25/03/08
Psychometirc Test: 07/04/08 PASSED
Eye Test: PASSED
Interview: 22/04/08 PASSED
Medical: 12/05/08 PASSED
PJFT: 19/05/08 9mins 08secs
PRMC: 22/07/08 TBA
RT: 01/09/08 TBA

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am on this one.

9 weeks to go by my calculation, then off to corfu on holiday and then hopefully looking to start training around September (depending on which date my AFCO can get me and giving notice at my current job - oh and passing PRMC of course!).

Hoff

Reaction score
I am now on this one too!! Got my rail warrent today!
9 weeks and counting mate.....

Application: 25/03/08
Psychometirc Test: 07/04/08 PASSED
Eye Test: PASSED
Interview: 22/04/08 PASSED
Medical: 12/05/08 PASSED
PJFT: 19/05/08 9mins 08secs
PRMC: 22/07/08
RT: 01/09/08 TBA

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I dont have my warrant yet, should hopefully get it in the post sometime soon (i dont get a briefing as i am rejoining).

My route is Huntingdon - Kings Cross - Paddington - Exeter St Davids then finally Lympstone. Where abouts are you coming from?

Hoff

Reaction score
OK.
Not sure as yet depends on work and rowing commitments etc.
Most probably will be going through Reading station though, think thats on the same line from Paddington.
Either from perents in Petersfield (Hampshire) or my flat SW London somewhere.....

Rejoining? You started RT before?

Hoff

Reaction score
Sorry thats a set back, good that your going back in though!

I used to be TA Commando engineers so kinda going back in myself!

Cant wait.

Hoff

Reaction score
I joined a rowingclub in March and train in a squad on 10 guys;

Monday Off!

Mornings (0600 - 0730) - we train on the river Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday mornings for 1hr - 1hr 30mins before work.

Evenings (6.30pm-8.30pm) - Tuesdays we do a 30min 'ergo' on the rowing machines, Wednesday we do 45mins -1hr core stabilty circuit, Thursdays is 20min run and cross training (sprints, ball games in field etc) and Friday is a 1hr water session.

Weekends (0700-1100) - Then sat morning we do two 'outings' on the river each around 1hr 30min each. Sunday is just one outing and then the 2nd session is another core circuit.

Im going to do more specific stuff for PRMC in the weeks leading up to it.

Jonnie

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Plently of CV then, you should do well on the bleep test.

Next week (with 8 weeks to go) I am going to start the 6 week POC training guide that is in the stickies section. To start with its a descrease in my current exercise (normally do 7 mile runs where as week 1 is only 4 miles) however I am going to increase the intensity of my exercise so hopefully will see plenty of improvement.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im a bit dissappointed as I just spoke to my AFCO about the current wait to start RT and they said about 2 months.

I was really hoping to be in by the end of september but apparently is just about fully booked.

Hoff

Reaction score
Good stuff, yeh will be hoping too pull a PB out of the bag for the bleep test, did POC few years ago and got 13.0 so hoping to top that!

I have a copy of the POC fitness schedule also so may do some of that also.

Keep up the training.

Hoff

Reaction score
Just read your last post after i had posted mine!

Thats a bit *text deleted**text deleted* about joining in sept - I am hoping to join the 1st or 15th Sept RT.

Will speak to my AFCO on monday to get the latest from them.

RM_MARK_2008!

Reaction score
rm

ite lads should be on dis one if nt earlier only got mi medical and pjft to do
message if *text deleted* on dis one l
laterz xxx

Hoff

Reaction score
yeh mate im on this one....you parading at RMR Chatam at all?

Im gona head over to London det before hand to get ready for it!

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright guys. I am 'aiming' for this one. Re applying after i had to cancel my PRMC last year due to shin splints. Got my PJFT on monday comming (9th). AFCO said i could possibly be on this PRMC if the PJFT goes well.

JPM

Reaction score
Im will be on this prmc aswell. only 3 weeks to go and getting nervous as im still not upto scratch on my running.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What are your current run times?

Its only natural to be nervous but don't worry too much, just give it 100% and as long as you have been training you should do fine.

Personally, I am quite excited but at the same time I am absolutely bricking it despite having successfully completed a PRMC before.

Have you had your breifing yet?

JPM

Reaction score
my PJFT was 8mins 50secs but i had to rest a bit after that casue my right calf muscle was playing up and i only got back into running yesterday. Im hoping 3 weeks is enough time to get my times back to where they were.

I had my briefing a couple of weeks ago which helped ease the nerves a bit as i knew what was going to happen on the prmc.