Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC 22nd July

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by MCD182, Jun 4, 2014.

1. MCD182

MCD182 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm due down at 1540, looks like some of us might be on the same journey :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Batman

Batman Royal Marines Commando

What are your stats?

3. MCD182

MCD182 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Press ups are around 50/55 - best I've done so far is 60, Sit ups best so far has been 55 and pull ups I can put out about 6, after push ups about 5 usually. Going to do a mock bleep test this week.

4. Xerath

Xerath Venerated Contributor

Just so you know lads you have to get 11 or more on the bleep test to go through to the Thursday now

5. CannyWait

CannyWait Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    just had my briefing, im seeing a bloke tonight to see if he can sort my shins and knee if not will have to delay, also 7 days in ibiza has not improved my stats weird tho... i did alot of cardio ;)

6. MCD182

MCD182 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for the heads up mate! bummer about your PRMC :( I hope all goes well next time - you'll smash it mate!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xerath

No problem! Thanks mate :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. MCD182

MCD182 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Aww that sucks man! but if you're injured then it might be wise to delay, I think I would be dead after 7 days over there haha!

9. CannyWait

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Im still undecided, i did 1.5 mile jog, 1.5 in 12:30 and then 1.5 in 10:30 but i know i can do better on the day as i just find it hard keeping a pace with no timer etc plus i will be right at the front, however knee did feel a bit numb after.
    Been at work/gym today and stats are right down but thats just ibiza.
    Going to do a mock day 1 prmc tomorrow as if im honest im not too worried about thursday i know its harder but *text deleted* its more mental and i have legs like a horse.
    will then see if i can do a long run monday and if i cant i will delay it. :(

10. CannyWait

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    well did a mock prmc wednesday, yesterday. 10min return, level 8 bleep, 80 sit ups in 1:59, 50 press ups in 56 seconds, 7 pull ups on an awkward bar.

I'm hoping with the adrenaline my return time will come down, and i only gave myself 1hr after the 3 miler to do the bleep test so i know i can do better there. going to do some hills and leg session to try emulate thursday today and see how it goes.

I'M BUZZING

how do you guys feel? confident?

11. MCD182

MCD182 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm sure the adrenaline will help bring that time down mate, your stats for everything else seem good from what I can tell. I myself have been doing hill sprints as well to try get some last minute leg strength for Thursday.

12. CannyWait

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Yeah i have done one hill session in my life ha but i train legs every other day in the gym so should be alright, my knee is still not 100% but its alot better and can push through.. i hope ha
    have you got all you kit?
    i'm due down at 14:40

13. MCD182

MCD182 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I have my share of niggles as well mate, my lower back hurts every now and then and my right knee after an 8 miler is sore sometimes too. Yeah I think so and I'm due down an hour after you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MCD182

MCD182 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
  15. Xerath

Just so you know, running through the country lanes at CTC is a lot harder than running around your local park/streets especially if your PRMC is full up (it most likely will be). So with a 10 min return time you'll really be pushing it!

Adrenaline will help slightly but don't rely on it.

16. Batman

I agree with not relying on adrenaline because you really don't know how your body's going to react on the day, you might actually be worse because of nerves and lack of sleep etc.
    What did you find harder about the lanes around CTC? Apart from the initial rush at the start of the return where there isn't much room I can't think of anything that would make it more difficult.

17. Xerath

Yeah the start of the return is what I was referring to, and the terrain can be a bit dodgy if you aren't careful. Hard to see where you're running at times. But that's all part of the fun! ;)

18. MCD182

MCD182 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I guess it's different for everyone, on my PJFT the adrenaline really helped but I guess the same can't be said for actually being at CTC and as you say lack of sleep and nerves. Quick question - how narrow are the lanes is it really that nuts at the start of the return?

19. Xerath

Pretty narrow, there's a stream to the right which would be nasty if you fell into.

20. Batman

It varies a bit but basically country lanes are only wide enough for one vehicle at most points. It's not that bad because the group spreads out fairly quickly but as Xerath points out there's a ditch to the right that you'll want to avoid. The road surface is good most of the way but I though.