Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC 22nd July

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by MCD182, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

Unlucky lads, failing is a *text deleted* feeling but it makes you better in a way, as you feel more determined, motivated and eager than ever

• Like Like x 4
  2. MCD182

MCD182 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Haha! Same here mate. Are you kidding on? there might have been a few but really there was only me who got the stick!

Blue 2 bud.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MCD182

MCD182 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Agreed mate! I felt pathetic when I was going home, but hey it's a massive learning experience and being down there is an eye opener!

4. OptimisticDan

OptimisticDan New Member

Little Scottish guy?
    Sorry if I'm forgetting...been a long, *text deleted* day

5. MCD182

MCD182 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    No worries mate just stating the obvious haha, yeah that's me!

6. OptimisticDan

OptimisticDan New Member

Ah right, yeah, you gave me your deep freeze spray...it didn't get as much use out of it as I would have liked, sorry..

7. MCD182

MCD182 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    No worries mate I wasn't needing it! Did anyone else get pulled off or leave?

8. OptimisticDan

OptimisticDan New Member

I guess not...
    Not while I was around. I had to grab my waterbottle and sit at the top of the bank and watch the rest of the lads smash it with the rest of the animal crawls. After a fair while I got taken away and sorted out. Which puts them at 20 left...they all looked to be smashing it really. Fair play, in that heat...it did me in early doors

9. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

Sorry to hear the news @OptimisticDan and @MCD182

At least next time you'll be better prepared!

It's a shame you aren't told what you were doing wrong!

• Like Like x 2
  10. CannyWait

CannyWait Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Well i'm back home, fing loved it!! it 100% comfirmed its what i want to do! my left knee went on bottom field but i powered through and tried to keep middle of the pack.

gym stats before was: Vo2 10.4, Push ups 50, Sit ups 80, Pull ups 7.
    gym stats there was: Vo2 11.3, Push ups 67, Sit ups 77, Pull ups 8.

BFT (3 miler) was 10:00mins and on the day i got 9:47, i came 2nd to last and was the slowest person to pass.

Now the thursday we had endurance course, by this time both my knee were playing up (runners knee) i was ok up until the drags, i got paired with 77kg (I'm only 5'5") which completely shattered my right knee, i couldnt even walk on it. however i carried on just on my left leg mainly hoping/limping and each time the corparals asked "whats wrong" "can you continue" i said nothing and yes i can. made it all the way till the end of hare and hounds on the one leg till eventually the major told me to get in the van. so didnt complete the 3 miles back however due to my "ok gym scores" and determination they PASSED me. got straight into my boots as soon as i could on the train and been wearing them since :D so happy!

also must say their was some cracking lads doing this prmc and i enjoyed every second of it... it was *text deleted* but i loved it!!

• Like Like x 10
  11. Batman

Batman Royal Marines Commando

Well done mate!
    Weren't you told not to wear your boots on the train because of PERSEC? :eek:
    It's interesting that they no longer automatically fail people who don't complete the run back.

12. "Sandy"

"Sandy" Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Well done mate, how did you find wednesday over all and whats the most important thing to work on for thursday? Keep them boots clean ;)

13. CannyWait

CannyWait Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    No one really mentioned it. they said to walk around in them as much as pos to wear them in though.

wednesday was bottom field and gym.
    for gym literally just keep doing press ups, pull ups and sit ups over and over and over and to the 2mins and bleep for pull ups, reason why i got higher than most in the gym was perfect form.
    bottom field is thighs, do some serious weighted leg training and lots of hill sprints.
    but overal was ok, if it wasnt for my knee it would have almost been enjoyable haha
    endurance course on thursday was lots of crawling, sprinting. i would practice crawling as alost of people found that hard as they wernt using their feet, just their arms and hill sprints because pays to be a winner is somehting you want to win...

apart from that its quite fun, lots of getting muddy and wet so it breaks it up a bit letting you breath and makes it enjoyable. if you dont like that sort of thing then you should really be applying for the navy or raf ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. W2014

W2014 Royal Marines Commando

The 2 minutes for each gym test, are you allowed to have a respite so long as your knees don't touch the floor? I.E. if I can get to 40 within the minute but need to just come up hold myself up for 5 seconds can that be done?

Well done on the pass and all the best for RT.

15. Batman

Batman Royal Marines Commando

Why did you do bottom field on Wednesday and not Thursday before the endurance course?

16. Grimey Arches

Grimey Arches Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Congrats on the guys that passed and keep your heads up to the guys that didn't,

@MCD182 Didn't you asked why you was pulled out?, did you not achieve the minimum required?.

@OptimisticDan You've only been given 6 months which is quite rare I believe as pulling out on BF is normally 1 year return, do you know what your scores are like on the other tests?.

I was thinking about the idea of 'carb loading' a few days before PRMC, some people do it before taking part in half marathons and marathons, what do you guys think?.

17. OptimisticDan

OptimisticDan New Member

Well done mate! How many ended up passing do you know?

18. OptimisticDan

OptimisticDan New Member

Well, they told me 6 months in the brief conversation I had while being processed out. Whether or not they have a look at things and change their minds...different story I guess.
    I don't know exact numbers, but they were pretty dire. One of the corporals yelled at me that I'd just scraped through the RMFA and that he was *text deleted* be watching me...

• Like Like x 1
  19. nbm

nbm Member

I didn't train and carb loAded on some pasta and sweet potato the two days before probably helped a bit but by the time you have done a dy and a half it won't make muh difference in my opinion, your fed like kings down there so just cram it all in the morning and hold it down as much as you can. And again eat as much as possible before bed At 9
    I think that's better and slightly easier and less stressful.
    But make sure you eat on the train there if you have aomg journey in case you don't get a evening meal or like us had to do the run in the evening

• Like Like x 1
  20. MCD182

MCD182 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @ArchieGrimm Looking back I realised I was doing very poor press up form, we (the ones who failed) were led away told to pack and were on a train within the hour, you didn't ask questions to the PTI, one lad gave him attitude for pulling him out Pull ups and he was seen too!

I was given 9 months but my AFCO says I might be able to go down around the 8 month mark.