Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC - 24/11/15

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by sky321, Sep 29, 2015.

1. sky321

sky321 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just chosen this date. Bit early but is anybody else on this one?

2. older gent

older gent Member

I'm on this! Was originally booked for 20th October but work messed up my holiday app:mad:

3. Royal671

Royal671 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Extra time to up them stats;) if you feel ready for October imagine how ready you will feel end of November!!:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. older gent

older gent Member

My thoughts exactly! Only down side is I was hoping for a RT start date in December:( You win some, you lose some I guess.

5. sky321

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    That's annoying!

How are you feeling? What are your stats like?

6. Royal671

Royal671 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    @older gent

Least you got the right mindset about it man. Aah, that's a shame then, at least you will be one step closer to starting and get a whole 2016 of infamous CTC!(well not all of it, like 8 months of it!!)

7. older gent

older gent Member

Feeling confident in terms of I just want to get this cracked and out the way, quit work and train with the RM's.
    1.5 return 9.10
    VO2 not done in 2years
    Press ups 40 to bleep
    Sit ups 70 to bleep
    Pull ups 5 to bleep

How about you?

• Like Like x 1
  8. older gent

older gent Member

True mate. You have to have confidence in yourself otherwise it's a defeat before you've even started.
    How far are you in your app??

• Like Like x 1
  9. Royal671

Royal671 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    True mate good words to listen to!
    Well, I've passed Pfjt then failed Prmc in June thanks to being rubbish at the bleep test-banghead- but recently redone my Pfjt and got a PB on it thankfully and now awaiting a date for Prmc attempt 2!

10. Royal671

Royal671 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Might be a possibility that I will end up on this one

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  11. sky321

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Same really, big motivation is to leave work before the Christmas rush (bloody retail!)

I did a mock day one recently and scored:

Return - 8:45
    VO2 - level 12
    Press Ups - 45
    Sit Ups - 63
    Pull ups - 5

Bleep test is well worth practicing. It seems to be catching a lot of lads out.

I'm excited now but I have an RMAD on 21st October which I'm focussing on for the time being.

12. sky321

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Have you requested a date or were you made to wait a certain amount of time before you could?

13. Royal671

Royal671 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Air in for AFCO to contact me mate, I'm takin what I get, want all the prep available!

@sky321 those are some good stats mate! Yeah the bleep test is a big thing people fail on! Yeah RMADs are very beneficial!

14. older gent

older gent Member

At least you have the experience of a PRMC and have seen your weakness. Now to work hard at it and next time I'm sure you'll fly it. Have you been doing a BFT then a bleep test a couple of hours later?

• Like Like x 1
  15. sky321

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Fair one.

Yeah, this will be my second RMAD. Looking forward to getting some PBs. Made big improvements since the last one!

16. Royal671

Royal671 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah I have done, prior to my first one I was just doing a bleep test. Now I do 2xbft then a bleep test! I usually get over 11 but once or twice don't but guess everyone has a bad day!

Yeah being down there already has given me a lot of motivation! Do not want to fail again. Smashing phys now and working on my weakness. Can't train at moment due to a stupid cold! It's killing me-jimlad-

Hope you smash it with PBs mate! Be a good confidence booster!

17. huskyjim

huskyjim Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    @Royal671 I think the most important thing for the bleep test is technique. It's very stop and start and it's the constant change in direction that catches people out.
    I suspect you'll find most of the guys who fail the bleep test have never practiced and so go into the bleep test blind and get caught out.
    A handy thing you can do during a bleep test is to constantly push your goal start of thinking level 11 then I'm safe , then once you get to 10.5 think one more levels not impossible so I'll push to 11.5 then once your close to that might as well push for the round number of 12 and so on. It worked well for me though eventually your legs do give out but you'll be surprised how much further and longer you can run.

Husky

• Like Like x 2
  18. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    A technique what helps me with the Vo2 is when you get to the high end levels 10+ start switching legs you push off with every level, this stops your legs getting fatigued quickly.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Royal671

Royal671 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    @huskyjim
    Yeah it caught me out even though I had practised it, i was practising it from fresh. I did alternate my legs but my leg strength wasn't to good and my legs tired quickly. My legs don't tire now until about 11.5 but I can push myself like you said using a similar technique!

The worst part is I to level 10.6 and was going strong until the lad on my right ran into me and I lost my momentum -banghead-:(

@Viking
    Yeah I alternate my legs I jut think my leg strength wasn't up to scratch, so I'd of struggled a lot on Thursday by sounds of it.

Thanks for advice lads!

20. older gent

older gent Member

Oh a brother in agony too! Ha
    How are you liking the long hours in the run up to Christmas? Proper messes up a training schedule:mad:
    Yea I'm going to start giving the bleep a run through. Do you have the audio for it?
    Best of luck with the RMAD. Keep us informed.