Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC - 24/11/15

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by sky321, Sep 29, 2015.

1. huskyjim

huskyjim Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    I'm sure it's a download as part of the RM training tool.

Husky

2. older gent

older gent Member

Cheers, I'll have a look.

3. sky321

sky321 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    My hours aren't too bad at the moment but by November, I'll be up to full time, which does make training difficult and Christmas pretty miserable!

I used Sean Lerwill's video from YouTube and used a video to MP3 website to download it to my phone.

What's your weekly phys schedule like?

4. older gent

older gent Member

• Seen Seen x 1
  5. sky321

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Sounds good! You should be as well prepared for Bottom Field as you can make yourself.

I've struggled to find a suitable hill for sprints around by mine. Had to make do with a 20 metre long sand dune and hit it repeatedly with 10/10/10s at the top. It's the best I can do!

6. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @older gent

I've just started something almost identical:
    3 x Boxing (hill sprints etc)
    3 x Gainers
    3 x Full Body
    1 x 2xBFT
    1 x Mock PJFT
    1 x Fintan
    1 x Swim session

Feeling much stronger as a runner now than before with the original:
    3 x PJFT
    3 x Gainers
    3 x Full Body

7. older gent

older gent Member

That's the plan fella! Obviously you can't replicate bottomfield but if you can shock your muscles early on then in theory it should be less grueling.
    Do you live in a very flat area?
    If that's all you have then it must do. Otherwise if you use a gym you can set the treadmill to it's highest incline and do 20-30 secs full blast..especially with winter on the way.

8. sky321

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah it is fairly flat. Some good areas to practice running on uneven terrain etc but no real hills in my part of Merseyside. Using the treadmill is a good idea and something I've been meaning to try!

9. en7craig

en7craig New Member

I am on this prmc.. am a rejoin after leaving rt two years ago anyone near Enfield?

10. older gent

older gent Member

Looks like a really intense, solid workout! Are you having a boxing session then hill sprints straight after? Also being a taller guy like me how are you finding the lower leg stuff like frog hops and duck walks? It's an absolute killer for me.

11. LHG97

LHG97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Where abouts In enfield mate? (I'm not on this PRMC, waiting for a pjft date)

12. LHG97

LHG97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Would you say running on roads is with getting on the treadmil once or twicd a week is more beneficial then just running on the treadmil?

13. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It is mate however it's also a good balence. I feel like it was the right thing to do to step up the volume & intensity as i feel like i had addapted to the 3xPJFT. Also there's tonnes of varity and it covers everything in a week!

In the boxing sessions they are 2hrs long. We do loads in that time! Including, skipping, running (3long laps up and down very very steep hills, sprints & hill sprints they either sprinting up a tonne of steps 5x or hopping up them on each leg 3x which is the worst thing i've done!) Then bagwork, padwork, sparing, lastly a killing circuit.

Frog hops, squat jumps, bas*text deleted*ds are awful for taller guys i feel. They fatigue the legs so much!
    duck walks i can manage well it's just anything that involves jumping moving all your weight multipul time from the ground up or to a further direction.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    With anything it depends on the indivdual however i wouldn't advise it. As other people including RMs have said treadmill running causes your legs to run different & of you neglect the road for a long time it can be bad for them . I did that and paid the price! Also when i had told my CA that i haden't ran outside at all in 5months he wasen't impressed! He repeated what i said as if he was shocked... then stated i should be training for PRMC not the PJFT as that's just a little test to see if you're ready to be sent down.

Like my CA & @ARnY said Running soley on the Treadmill doing the PJFT only, will not improve your fitness by much as it's a test. The are 100% right.

So my training has been wrong for 5+months, my mindset also since i have been training for the PJFT & worrying about it way to much which has made it a really big deal which it shouldn't be like my CA said. Them 2 factors i'd say have caused me to reach my final attempt. Don't make the same mistake i have.

Hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
  15. en7craig

en7craig New Member

I'm in cheshunt if you know it... Are you local?

16. LHG97

LHG97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah I do mate, I'm about 5 minutes away from Waltham cross. Live more of less on the river

17. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Would love this date but instead being given 10 November -nailbiting-
    Far too soon! Got a brief with my CA on thurs. *text deleted* chat with him and tell him ideally I wanted a late date in November, and start RT immediately in December.
    If I couldn't start RT in December. Then PRMC in December and immediate start in January.
    Wanted to hit a 5minute mile. 5k In 20 mins minimum(sub 18 is the dream) and max out gym tests. Don't think I'll be hitting that by the 10th.

18. JollyGolly

JollyGolly Royal Marines Commando

@Wingzero i would just aim at passing and not maxing out on everything as there will always be time to work in ALL areas once you are on your RT and after you achieve the green lid. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @JollyGolly hahah trusssssst!! i hear you bud. got this month to go ham on phys and I'm confident I'd pass the first day. just conscious about not having enough reserves in me for bottom field and endurance course.

• Like Like x 1
  20. huskyjim

huskyjim Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    If you can pass the first day you can do the second as long as your mind is in the right place, and of course as long as you don't get injured.

Husky

• Like Like x 3