Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC - 24/11/15

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by sky321, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @huskyjim thanks husky jim so husky. haha. My mind is definitely wanting to join the marines. definitely want it. sometimes I don't think that's enough though. I know recruit training is to shape you, not break you, but I want to be there at the best I can be for it.
    an analogy is this: you want a cheeseburger with ketchup and lettuce. instead of how it's normally presented, I bring you a mess. it's all there, but it's not in presentable shape and the meat is all shredded.
    thats me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I hope it doesn't sound like i'm making excuses. no chance I'm wanting to avoid this. I'm just a perfectionist and a worrywart.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

Just found out I'm on this date yesterday, absolutely buzzing can't wait to get down there! Changing my routine to @arny01 pre-PRMC training to make sure I'm in top shape. Feeling confident on the gym tests just not sure what to expect for bottom field, it's going to be harder than anything I've ever done before!

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. dutchy

dutchy New Member

sup guys, I'm on this one too

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  5. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

Nice man what are your stats looking like?

6. dutchy

dutchy New Member

last test was 9.32 return
    52 pressups
    73 situps
    12 pullups

this will be my second prmc though, but annoyingly my groin is playing up *text deleted* -_-

7. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

Solid stats, what did you fail on first time?

8. dutchy

dutchy New Member

came in too slow for the hare and hounds, but they said if i finish the run back to camp id be fine...ended up collapsing bout a mile into it. turns out i tore both quads

9. Lima Hotel

Lima Hotel Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Alright lads, I'm on this one aswell.
    Where abouts are people traveling from?

10. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

@dutchy that must be absolutely gutting mate getting so close to the end! Would you be able to give me a detailed breakdown of what you had to do on bottom field I'm trying to prepare as best as I can because I feel it's my weakest part, would be greatly appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

I'm traveling from Cambridge area so will be going from London Liverpool Street to Paddington station then to St. John's.

12. sky321

sky321 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'm in the North West. What about you guys? @dutchy

13. dutchy

dutchy New Member

from bristol. well whats worse is that they actually passed me when we got back to camp. it was only because one kid finished hares before me, but didnt get to do the run back. so i told the kid to tell the corporals, and they passed him then failed me -banghead-

bottom field was basically a run through of the assualt course, 3 obstacles at a time. we did lots of sprints to and from the fence, leapard crawls, front and backwards drags, squatting another person then fireman and baby carrying them, 10/10/10s (which you will find to be a break on the endurance). made us go over the monkey bars at one point...and yes...i said over haha. at the end they had us in 2 groups, one would jump the 6 ft wall and do 10 pressups 10 times, whilst the other group would be climbing the massive stairs 10 times, then youd change over. we did a full run through of the a/c aswell a couple of times. but then again everytime is probably different.

id get some box jumps or something in, *text deleted* youll be jumping off 6 foot walls and i think thats what shocked my legs. crawls for like 25 meters, try and get a mate to carry/drag/squat between sprints. HOLDING pressup and squat position, lots of 10/10/10s after sprints. do this for about an hour with not much rest. its hard but if I'm honest, if you make day one, id say youd be ok. its literally DO NOT STOP, no matter how slow youre going.

also, for endurance, get hills sprints in as much as you can, down and back up. do sets of 3 with no rest, on maybe 3 different hills. so try incorporating a little run round something before coming back up. *text deleted* most people dont expect youll be going down hill...and the ground is not pretty haha.

anyone got any questions feel free to ask

14. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

@dutchy what kind of distance would you say the distance of the drag and carries are over because my leg endurance is pretty good but only being a small guy I feel my legs feel pretty beat after drags (especially backward ones)

15. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

By the way how old are all you guys? Bit of a strange question but just wondering.

16. dutchy

dutchy New Member

not far. only about 15 meters. and I'm 25. you?

17. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

Ah that makes me so happy been doing practice ones over like 60m. I'm only 18 man probably going to be one of the youngest there.

18. Canzmanz

Canzmanz Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Why didn't he have to do the run back?

19. Lima Hotel

Lima Hotel Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'm coming down from newcastle.

20. sky321

sky321 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Damn, that's a long way! How are you feeling? How are the stats?

Three weeks from now we'll be doing the BFT!