Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 28TH JULY 2015

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Joshua thomas, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Joshua thomas

Joshua thomas New Member

Booked this date today.

Anyone else on this?

2. Wannabebootneck

Wannabebootneck Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I just booked on this one mate

3. just john

just john New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Have my interview tomorrow, will hope to get this date as well !

4. Wannabebootneck

Wannabebootneck Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Any one else got this date?

5. Frankie11

Frankie11 Active Member

Just got this one! Anyone else on it?

6. Wannabebootneck

Wannabebootneck Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Finally! Was beginning to think I was the only one on it the September threads seem to be busier. How you feeling for it?

7. Frankie11

Frankie11 Active Member

Excited but I'm sure that will turn to nerves a week or so before haha. Confident about the run and gym and vo2 max but just no idea what to expect from black Thursday.

How about you?

8. Wannabebootneck

Wannabebootneck Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ha yeah 5 weeks today! I'm pretty confident with most things but want to make sure I smash it! The main worry for me is the vo2 max purely because of the high failure rate that there has been recently. The other thing is remembering all the corps history/knowledge, my memory is pony!

9. Wezza

Wezza Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    @Frankie11 did you choose this date or was it just the next available? Cheers

10. Frankie11

Frankie11 Active Member

@Wezza - Not quite sure mate, check with your afco. I said 4-6 weeks would be ideal and he put me on this one. Didn't ask about any sooner dates, would rather have the extra 5 week to prep.

@Wannabebootneck - Got myself a revision notebook going on working through everything I need to know then going to take it with me to read through during downtime at PRMC, still need to get the VC winners down though.

11. Wannabebootneck

Wannabebootneck Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @Frankie11 yeah I'm ok with the units etc it's the VC winners I'm struggling with.

@Wezza i choose this date mate passed PJFT 6th June

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frankie11

Frankie11 Active Member

@Wannabebootneck - As for the Vo2 Max mate, have you given it a shot? I imagine a lot of people are failing it because they don't actually try it before they go down, they just presume passing PJFT means they have the vo2 max to get through the gym but that's not always the case. Just measure out 20 meters down the local park and go at it. I think practicing the test will get you better results, it might not actually increase your vo2 max but you will get better at the turns and your body will get a bit more used to the starting and stopping.

13. Wannabebootneck

Wannabebootneck Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I have actually just downloaded it off iTunes so *text deleted* give it ago, from what I've heard blokes that get a mega fast time on the 3 miler tend to struggle with vo2 max because they are more likely to be built like a racing snake and don't tend to have the strength in their legs to make the turns quick enough.

I don't know how true this is but I'm hoping there is some truth to it as I'm 6ft and 88kgs and my legs are definitely my strongest asset!

14. Frankie11

Frankie11 Active Member

You might be alright then, I got 12.5 last time I tried but my 5k race time isn't even sub 21 minutes. However I cycle a fair bit and used to squat a reasonable amount for my bodyweight at the gym so I think that underlying strength is what gets be through the turns.

15. GingerJacko1996

GingerJacko1996 New Member

Hi lads I'm on this aswell

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wannabebootneck

Wannabebootneck Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Tried it last night stopped at 11 but felt I could go a little further, *text deleted* do it again on Sunday and add .5 each time I do it to get my self used to it.

Nice one @GingerJacko1996 feeling good for it?

17. Frankie11

Frankie11 Active Member

@Wannabebootneck - yeah just think of it like PJFT, 11 to 12 is only 1 minute more effort so just think of it like when your at 9mins on pjft and just have to hang in there for 1 more.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  18. Wannabebootneck

Wannabebootneck Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @Frankie11 good shout that mate I'll definitely use that!

19. GingerJacko1996

GingerJacko1996 New Member

Quite nervous *text deleted* I'm quite good with my running and bleep test its just the press ups and pull ups I'm worried about but I'm looking forward to going at the same time

20. Anticip4te

Anticip4te New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi lads, I've been booked onto this one also