PRMC 29th July 08

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score
Been invited for this PRMC :cheesy: Anyone else on this one ?

Mike,

mercurydrake

Reaction score
im on this one

I'm on this date as well, I'm looking forward to it and working harder to be ready for it.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Alright lads,
just wondering what your PB's were,
and the kind of training you do.

Joe

mercurydrake

Reaction score
i do 69 press ups, 83 sit ups, 6 pull ups at best (needs improvement), and my 1.5 miles is 8 minutes 11 seconds (did this after along atheletics competition).
i do press ups, sit ups, half sits, close arm press ups, cruches and squat thrusts and i go to the gym a lot as well, i go athletics training on Tuesday and Thursday and i also go British Military Fitness on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
What about yourself?

Dan

Aussie89

Reaction score
good luck with it boys wish i could be there with you *text deleted* be a while for me yet

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Well luckily I'm not joining for a year,
so I've got some time to improve,
press ups are currently at 20,
only been doing them for a week or 2 though,
finding them pretty tough after just doing normal ones,
sit ups I'm at 60,
which isn't bad,
but obviously there's room for improvement,
5 pulls ups,
finding those hard aswell after just doing chin ups.

I haven't timed my 1.5 mile yet,
I'm doing it like it's done at PRMC,
1.5 mile in 12:30,
then 1.5 best effort,
I'm doing it later today though so I'll post it when I get back.

Sounds pretty tough,
I might go to the free BMF session,
see what it's like.

I've drew up a fitness plan that changes a bit between week 1 and 2,
mondays are 4 mile run then swim, or swim then 4 mile run,
this tuesday is posted above and is followed by a circuit,
which varies each week,
wednesdays are a couple of circuits followed by a weights circuit,
thursdays are either 7.5 mile or 6 mile runs I think,
Fridays are 5.5 mile runs on the one week, can't remember the other,
saturdays are rest days,
and sundays are either cycling or a 4 mile run.

And I have morning press ups, pull ups and sit ups on some days,
and after exercise press ups, pull ups and sit ups,
usually on the same days as the morning ones.

Joe

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just been confirmed im on this one now. About 6/7 weeks away so ive got somthing to work towards. Hopefully ill be able to get the fitness up a bit more by then.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
afternoon chaps...

ive just spoke to my AFCO and it looks like im on this one too! i was on the 24th June course but i had a problem wit my back...its *text deleted* better now tho so hopefully itll be ok for this one !

how are you all doin? hows the trainin goin? Im just startin again after a week off for my back..

am19

Reaction score
Im on this 1 aswell lads!! well up for it but nervous already haha

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh,got about 45 or so days till it comes around. Should be enough time to train. *text deleted**text deleted*ting it about the shin splints i had though,a years worth of injury,and its the only thing thats stopped me so far. Deffinatly not going to cancel this one though!

ryanClark

Reaction score
Im on this one. I do about 60 push ups in 2 minutes 60-70 sit ups in 2 minutes 6 pull ups, and my 1.5 mile run was around 9minutes 11 but i ran the day before for a nice 5 miles give or take a mile. Hope to see some of you guys down there!

am19

Reaction score
Hows every ones training goin then lads??? what u chaps doin 4 it?? ne 1 here from luton afco atall??

Alex

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My PB scores in 2mins are around 80-85 Pressups,80 Situps,and 10 Pullups. Passed my PJFT in 9.12.

Currently running twice a week,with another session combining sprints and circuit training. Also cycling once a week,and trying to get a swim in.
Circuit training about 4 times a week.

*text deleted**text deleted*ting it about PRMC! Spent the last year recovering from Shin splints and im bricking it that something will stop me going ahead with it again this time round!

Good luck everyone!

am19

Reaction score
ne of u lads got facebook or msn if so private message me *text deleted* addressess or sumithin wld b gd 2 chat about the prmc coming up.

ta alex

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys, just thought id say hi again !

havnt bein doin alot of training recently, *text deleted* recoverin fom my back injury, but ive got a month left, so next week hopefully ill be able to start again and get my scores up to how they were!

im nervous *text deleted*!

himself

Reaction score
how we doing folks... looks like ill be seeing yis on this one - so if ye see a irish fella with vomit down his front and a look of near death on his face it will probably be me...

Ipodbob

Reaction score
Hiya lads.

Just passed my PJFT last week after not running for 3 weeks due to shin problems my fitness is far from good i feel, i did the test in 8:44 but i had nothing else to give that was 100% effort. i felt a bit dizzy during and after the run ha.

done a run yesterday 3 miles in 22 mins *text deleted**text deleted* or what, altho i did manage 5 miles in 36 mins the other day up hills and off road so hopefully with some adrenaline running i should be ok.

I work 4 days a week doing tree surgery which i bike to 7 miles there 7 back, try to run every other day and work out after that. struggling to find time for working out so im bricking it a bit for :bully:

Turnip

Reaction score
alright lads, I am hoping to get this one too, just fcuking hate the waiting round.