Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Featured PRMC 2ndJuly - 5thJuly

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by plinky93, Jul 11, 2019.

1. plinky93

plinky93 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    *If you want the brief summary, scroll to bottom

The aim of this post is to just put minds at ease about the sort of thing you can expect on the PRMC. Passed last week along with 23 other lads out of the original 36 who started the course. It wasn't my first time either so if anyone is worrying about that sort of thing, it doesn't matter if you're trying again.

Day 1
    When you get to the training centre you wait for one of the training team to come and collect you from the station platform. You don't have to wait in silence or anything but just make sure you keep an eye out for whoever is collecting you so you can line up for them and stuff. They'll take you up to the accommodation and run you through what you have to do. Its just an evening of filling out a couple of forms and then collecting kit and cleaning accommodation. Easy stuff if everyone gets on with it. You have dinner about 1800 then another meal later at 2045. Get some sleep ASAP after food so you're prepared for the next couple of days.

Day 2
    On the schedule it says wake up at 0530 but its a good idea to make it 0500 just so everyone has enough time to get showered, dressed and then final cleaning of the accommodation. Breakfast is 0600 as well i think so you'll have time to clean stuff after that. Eat big. We did the gym tests first and everyone passed except for one guy I think so not a bad start. Make sure you do everything you're told in the gym though because the training team are hot on the rules and clock everything. A few guys got caught fidgeting and so after the tests we were put in the press up position and told to bend and stretch accordingly while the CPL explained why not to fidget *text deleted*. Lunch next then a lecture with the officer in charge of the course. We didn't do a written test but don't quote me on that because they might still do it sometimes. In the afternoon its the 3mile run. It was a hot afternoon and a couple of guys dropped out here but just put your all in on the return leg and as long as you get in the required time it's all good. After the run its just another lecture before dinner then a chat with a couple of guys who are near the end of training. Ask them all you can to get a good insight into training. You also go to the foundation block and talk to the guys in the first couple of weeks of training. Again, ask everything you can think of. In the evening you can just chill with the guys in the accommodation as long as you don't leave the building. Make sure you stretch out as well because you won't want to have tight muscles the next day.

Day 3
    Try and wake up at 0500 again so you have time to shower and get down to breakfast in time to get back and clean the accommodation. Get in any final stretches and make sure you're water bottle is filled to the BRIM as you'll be heading down to the bottom field at about 0800. You'll do a warm up and then traverse a rope twice. Its not that high, just to get you used to the technique. You'll then run through the assault course 3 obstacles at a time to get an idea of the technique. Pay attention to every technique they tell you as its mainly for your safety and you'll get thrashed for doing it wrong. Always keep lightly jogging on the spot so you're always moving, this is a rule for the bottom field. Next is your best effort for the whole assault course. This is the last graded test so if you get in the time for this and get the points then you've passed the stuff that gets you points. I hadn't done as well as I wanted in the gym tests so I had to smash this one and it really took it out of my lungs. If you've worked on cardio though then you'll have enough time to recover before the next stage. When everyone has run the assault course it's onto the 'determination tests'. These consisted of several 200m drags/carries, all sorts of different crawls and jumps up a hill and then other random painful things thrown in. It was a hot day again and a few of the lads threw up during this, one while he was being carried by someone else *text deleted*. You just need to mentally push through these tests because your legs will probably be screaming at you while cramping but when you start running again the cramp tends to go. We lost a few guys on this section, some who couldn't take it and others who didn't get enough points after the assault course but pretty sure everyone who finished bottom field passed the entire course. After this its lunch and then onto the coach to the endurance course. As long as you don't stop and stay with the pack its fine, not many people will be absolutely gassing it at this stage. You run as a group through uneven terrain and several tunnels of varying width/water levels. In between the tunnels you'll get more determination tests like on bottom field. Everyone's lungs are falling out their arses by now so the pace on these ones isn't a problem, just don't give up. You get a banana and drink break for a few minutes halfway round. Once you make it to the end of this course you've basically passed short of mouthing off to the training team or something else to do with attitude. Don't let standards slip with anything because even though the PHYS is done, you haven't finished yet. The rest of the evening is lectures and dinner. Obviously everyone is pretty hyped from finishing the PHYS so its nice to chat with everyone when the stress has gone.

Day 4
    Same timings as previous mornings and then its all admin. A few different talks and collecting your boots. They want to get you all home as soon as possible but there is still a fair bit of sitting around but another chance to get to know guys who you might be in training with. You'll have a personal interview with the officer in charge and then get your certificate. After that, down to the station and home.

*So to summarise, its 2 out of 4 days of getting smashed with PHYS. Just remember it will end and don't ever stop. Like they said, you've chosen to be there so don't feel sorry for yourself and don't stop. Listen carefully and do everything you're told and it will save everyone a 'extra phys'. The stuff you get beasted for is always easily avoidable, so use common sense.

Sorry for the essay and good luck!!

• Like Like x 11
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  2. J18

J18 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Congratulations on passing ! What scores did you get ?

3. plinky93

plinky93 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Cheers, Bleep test: 12
    Press ups: 39
    Sit ups: 52
    Pull ups: 9
    1.5 mile: 8.50
    Assault course: 2.59
    Let myself down on the press ups and sit ups unfortunately so had to throw myself at the other stuff. Finished with a B grade on about 22 points I think.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Sit ups: 52

I thought there was a minimum pass mark of 60 reps for sit ups

5. plinky93

plinky93 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah sorry mate meant to type 62. Only just scraped past on that one

6. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What order did you do the gym tests in?

7. plinky93

plinky93 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Bleep test, press ups, sit ups then pull ups. Think its the same order everytime as this was the order when I first went and everyone who I've spoken to said the same about theirs

8. Lace_up

Lace_up New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    there is no minimum on the sit-ups they only have a minimum for the pull ups which is 3, Bleep test 10.5 and lastly for the return run 11.15

9. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    You sure?
    I looked on their site and it said a minimum of 60 for sit ups. And 11.5 for the bleep test.

10. Lace_up

Lace_up New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ya it says that I dunno why most lads get less then 60 on them..on my prmc a good few got 47-57 range and still got a good pass..maybe it use to be a pass or fail and they haven’t bothered to change it

11. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    When did you do your PRMC?

12. Lace_up

Lace_up New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
  13. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    And you're sure there were guys who were getting below 60 sit ups had finished and passed the course?

I'm not saying you're talking bull or anything, I just want to be ultra sure cause this might take a bit of pressure off me for the next week, as sit ups is sort of my achillies heel.

14. Lace_up

Lace_up New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ya don’t worry about it one of lads there only got 47 and passed obviously it’s better to get 60 plus,I think I just about got 60 give or take

15. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'll keep working on them either way.

You in RT rn?

16. Lace_up

Lace_up New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    September 23rd it was the only troop not full

17. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hells bells!

So is that to say I could have months to wait before finally being sent for RT upon passing my PRMC?

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

There's nearly always a last minute cancellation to most recruit troops.

The troops are usually a fortnight apart, except there aren't any in August (main leave) and every man & his dog always seems to want the first troop starting after leave, so they fill fast.

If you are prepared to accept a short notice cancellation place - tell your Careers Adviser but don't be surprised if you have less than a week's notice to join.

19. Lace_up

Lace_up New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Possible but it’s more then likely because of the August leave, some lads start on Monday but that would only of given me 3 weeks after my prmc didn’t feel ready

20. MEfan19

MEfan19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    So you get a relative degree of choice regarding when you start RT?