Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC 2ndJuly - 5thJuly

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by plinky93, Jul 11, 2019.

1. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Back in June last year, it was entirely possible to finish PRMC on the Friday, and start RT on the Monday.

2. Lace_up

Lace_up New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I wanted September 9th but it was full so I got the next closest date, it’s up to you when you want to go down for Rt and if the troop is free

3. Decapitari_G

Decapitari_G Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Hi everyone,
    Was wondering what the new swim assessment tests are? I am a rejoiner and the last swim test was to get a brick out of the water from 3m pool. This wasn’t a pass or fail. Now I’ve heard through the nod vine that they’ve changed this and it’s 2 bricks at the same time. Was wondering if anyone knows cause this can be quite cheeky. Additionally, some lads who didn’t do this got sent home too.
    Any clues about this?
    Cheers,
    G

4. Lurch

Lurch Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Jump off the high board, swim around the pool, retrieve 1 brick, (not heard about 2 before :confused:) tread water and job done. If you have a complete nightmare you can fail, but you get given a few chances to retrieve the brick.

5. Former AE

Former AE Royal Marines Commando

And the swim is breast stroke, not back stroke like some numpty did, could not do breast stroke so got out the pool and thinned out, endex. Practice and be prepared for the above, do give up and go the extra mile if you want to join, its down to you to prove you want it.

6. Decapitari_G

Decapitari_G Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Cheers lads. If it is the same swimming tests as before, there shouldn't be any dramas. Just wanted to confirm whether it was 2 bricks at the same time instead of the usual 1. Hypoxic swimming was my weakness so trying to square that away. If anyone has any tips on how they improved this, then send it my way. I passed the BST last time as well however, getting dead fred out the water was a nightmare...

7. epicurean

epicurean Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    2:59 is a very good time for the assault course, full points. Well done.

*text deleted* for anyone that’s interested have a look at the file I’ve uploaded, it details the pass criteria and scoring system for PRMC (as far as I’m aware it’s still current and accurate). I’ve found this to be a good motivational tool for chipping away at my 1.5 mile times and my VO2 score.

Attached Files: