PRMC 3 miler speed

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok people just a quick and simple question, is the 3 miler at PRMC ran at constant speed? Because when i run ive noticed that i can only hit my time limit if i run at an almost constant speed, or i sprint sections of my run.

Taggart91

Reaction score
Ok people just a quick and simple question, is the 3 miler at PRMC ran at constant speed? Because when i run ive noticed that i can only hit my time limit if i run at an almost constant speed, or i sprint sections of my run.

The first 1.5 miles are run at quite a slow, set pace. You then get a minutes rest and have to get back (another 1.5 miles) in your fastest time.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
as long as it takes to turn round and gather up again, probably not even a minuite.

C

critchmufc

i was *text deleted* say, becuase most people can recover quite substantially in a minute, they cant make it easy by giving a minutes rest

encn

Reaction score
Just so we know exactly what to expect......Is the 1st half, the squad run, normally ran in 12:30 or 15min?

I thought it was 12:30, that's what I've been practicing, but it's 15mins for the same run on a BFT. If you do 1.5miles in 15mins, then do the personal best 1.5 is much easier.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nah first is ran in about 12 mins, second 10.30.