PRMC 3 Miler

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent thanks.

From what my CA told me, the beginning of the first is slightly up hill (slighty) so you get a slight down hill toward the end of the return. Not sure if it'd be enough to make a difference though.

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Excellent thanks.

From what my CA told me, the beginning of the first is slightly up hill (slighty) so you get a slight down hill toward the end of the return. Not sure if it'd be enough to make a difference though.
i done it the other week mate & id say the first 1.5mile is down hill with some flats & the return is up hill with some flats.

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Great poste mate, cheers!

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Start nice and steady up the hill, then open ya legs up after you reach the Cpl at the turning point. Alot of people start quickly and i ended up over taking about 10-11 people around the halfway point.

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for that. from the looks of it some of those hills are steep enough to make a difference, you do come back down em though i suppose so you should make it back

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
thanks for that. from the looks of it some of those hills are steep enough to make a difference, you do come back down em though i suppose so you should make it back
you come back up them on the return mate...

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you come back up them on the return mate...
ah *text deleted**text deleted*...you think the elevation above sea level will make a difference? Where I normally run is about 350m above sea level, and down there is between 30 and 45m

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
ah *text deleted**text deleted*...you think the elevation above sea level will make a difference? Where I normally run is about 350m above sea level, and down there is between 30 and 45m
not too sure mate. i wouldnt rely on on something like, id just make sure your hitting the correct time with maximum effort always, no matter what.

Utopia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
At those elevations we are talking seriously minor differences, if at all. Maybe 1-2 seconds at best. Elevation only really kicks in at about 2400m.

JC19

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I didnt notice any elevation really on the 3 miler. If there is it is very small!

However, on the 4 mile run back to camp from the Endurance Course there is a nice little hill about half way back which is lovely on the legs....

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with Utopia, that sort of altitude difference wont change squat.

See my post from the high altitude training thread below....

Any arguably serious effect of altitude sickness is only likely to be felt above 14,000ft.

The very base level where training becomes high altitude training is ~6500ft.

Shortness of breath doing menial activites above 10,000ft.

Obviously all this as a vastly personal thing, some suffer some do not. But everyone expreinces a level of shortness of breath at some stage.

Ben Nevis (Britans Highest Mountain) is 4,409ft high.

So if training was to be done on this basis it would have to be out the country.

For refrence, highest mountain in Europe, Mont Blanc = 15,781ft

Mount Everest = 29,029ft