PRMC 30th April 2019

Surfbum

Reaction score
Decided to leave plenty of time to ensure fitness is at its peak.

If anyone else is on this, chuck me a PM I'll get a what's app group going. That's apparently the trend these days!

Surfbum

Reaction score
Going to bump this everyday so it doesn't get lost!

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
Just be aware that it has been known for members of the TT to join these groups, posing as a candidate.

Alan

Ballista

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
what training teams?
The people who train you when you're in a troop. Each troop usually has several corporals, a sergeant and an officer (if I remember right) who takes them through training and is responsible for them.

Chelonian

Reaction score
what training teams?
Personal Security (PERSEC) and Operational Security (OPSEC) are particularly relevant in the digital age.

Anyone creating a social media chat group for PRMC or RT should do the 'due diligence' on everyone applying to join a supposedly 'secure' conversation. For example, was their FB or WhatsApp account only created yesterday?
Training Teams of Recruit Troops often infiltrate such groups and use harvested posts to convey the importance of maintaining social media PERSEC.

It's a game. But as the saying goes, in most games it pays to be a winner. :)

The serious aspect is that a lack of awareness can have serious implications.
One example from recent history being a US unit in the middle of a remote desert location. Some individuals posted 'Hollywood' images of themselves enjoying a barbeque next to the unit's attack helicopters. Daesh used the meta-geotags from those images to locate the unit's location to within about ten metres.

borneboy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What date did you receive this date as I'm currently waiting for a date

JTech

Reaction score
What date did you receive this date as I'm currently waiting for a date
Got it 6 weeks out at my request as couldn’t get holidays from work any earlier.
Have you called your afco?

AngryArgie

Reaction score
When did you guys originally apply if I may ask and how long did the process take getting to PJFT? Just trying to gauge how long it might take for me.

borneboy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When did you guys originally apply if I may ask and how long did the process take getting to PJFT? Just trying to gauge how long it might take for me.
ive been in the joining process for over 2 years now.

AngryArgie

Reaction score
Jesus, that takes a lot of drive. Good luck to you mate, hope you smash the PRMC