Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC - 30th June

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Slim, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Fell off my motorbike broke my phone on the way to swimming how annoying

2. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    No injuries?

3. P3T3R

P3T3R Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Better your phone than an ankle

4. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Just a scratch on my elbow and foot

5. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Could be a lot worse mate!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jedders

Jedders New Member

Oright lads, ill be attending 30th June. 2nd attempt for me (slipped and fell on bleep test first time xD) struggling a bit with the gym scores. whats everybody elses scores like to the bleeps ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. oJNAo

oJNAo Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I slipped on the bleep test and thought I'd buggered it, luckily managed 11.4 haha

8. Jedders

Jedders New Member

this was a blackhawk down moment. 105kg of flying meat haha. i tried to get back into sync but i was out of there like. snap! am getting 11.4 now going to hopefully break through into the 11.6+ barrier in the next few weeks. other stats are improving slowly, but progress is still progress i suppose.

9. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    seems to be filling up slowly!

10. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Gym test score as of wednesday 37 pull ups 64 ssit ups 9 pull ups

11. FreeCoaster

FreeCoaster Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Mate, how did you get 37 pull ups. I can only manage about 10 ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Flobby261

Flobby261 New Member

I'm managing 85 sit ups now. But like @aliB can only manage 35-40 press ups and 9-11 pull ups (depends on what I've been doing prior to testing). So I'm doing gainers but having days off here n there with pull ups but doing press ups everyday....not sure whether this is damaging for my body tho? Really eager to boost them up before the 30th tho!

13. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    stats so far:
    60 press ups
    73 sit ups
    13 pul ups

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  14. Living!

Living! Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    thats all from fresh

15. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

37 pull ups wow I'm a beast woops tried calling afco today no awnser didnt know if their off weekends

16. Jedders

Jedders New Member

Alright mate, might not work for you but it worked for me, doing gainers is good but try and really push on your first set, say if your doing 30-30-30 maybe do 35-40 for first set and then 30-30 for the others, helped get my mock runs up a bit higher, muscle memory I suppose.

17. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Are you in our fb group? My pe teacher argued theres no such thing as muscle memory all the time

18. Bry-hes

Bry-hes Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Your PE teacher probably doesn't believe the theory of evolution either haha. It has been proven that muscle memory is a "thing" not just in exercise and technique but with simple things like typing a code into your mobile phone or a door that requires access code.

Teachers for you haha

19. Jedders

Jedders New Member

Yeh muscle memory exists, it's not necessarily the muscle that retains any kind of memory of that exercise or movement but rather your brain remembering what your muscles can do. If you are doing say 30 and you really push yourself to do 33-35 you subconsciously remember the next time you do that movement, I'm sure there's more detailed and accurate explanations but that's just from what I've researched. Also don't have Facebook Haha but I'll set an account up soon. On WhatsApp if you've got that?

20. Flobby261

Flobby261 New Member

Ye I think it's more your central nervous system that learns and comes back stronger. Muscle just gets torn apart and comes back bigger. That's my vague knowledge of it can't go into much detail *text deleted* I'll probs get things wrong. But I know the brain and nervous system play vital parts in *text deleted* bodies physical memory.