Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC.30th September

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Scotswood1997, Jul 24, 2014.

1. almondsandapples

almondsandapples Royal Marines Commando

Yeah, I'm definitely not dave. No worries .

2. ripemanewone

ripemanewone Guest

So you'd train and push yourself a bit more?

3. ripemanewone

ripemanewone Guest

@almondsandapples , very true that what you were saying about the team trying to make you want to wrap, on the Endurance course they were trying to make me wrap all the way round, but they didn't succeed ;).

• Like Like x 2
  4. ripemanewone

ripemanewone Guest

Honestly the best thing I did was work very very hard at gardening, digging at blind neck speed all day, sawing tree's down and shifting big heavy rocks around landscaping. I was always in the top half of the guys on the strength aspects like crawling and doing animals up hills. But not everyone has the privilege of being trusted to look after someone's garden and do whatever they like.

One thing I will make sure I get done properly is running and sprinting... crawling and doing anamals and obstacles I was fine with, but as soon as we started running I dropped back to the bottom. You need to run 6-8 miles once a week and do a crazy amount of hill sprinting and max returns the rest of the week!

• Like Like x 1
  5. RdlSmith

RdlSmith Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I don't think anyone was prepared for the unholy amount of hill sprints we had to do! Madness

6. Rob20

Rob20 Royal Marines Commando

Would you say that fintan circuits would be a good practise for this?

7. RdlSmith

RdlSmith Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I'd say smashing hill sprints and squats and more hill sprints then giving drags a go then going for a 4 mile run straight after would be good practice, thats what I did and it was still the hardest thing i've ever done

• Like Like x 1
  8. ripemanewone

ripemanewone Guest

I like that, 'unholy amount', haha, yeah Ive been put through some stuff at Boxing I thought was over the top, but PRMC is on a level you can't even begin to imagine... Okay I'll try break it down a little for folks:

Picture a 5mile run at minimum 12kph, with a stop at 5 hills, 2-4 stories high, 45deg slope each... At each hill doing several sets of sprints and drags, with squats, pressups, sit-ups and burpes at the top and bottom, then follow it off with a 3 mile run at the end... That's roughly the endurance course. Now imagine doing that after bottom field for an hour and half.