PRMC.30th September

R

ripemanewone

@almondsandapples , very true that what you were saying about the team trying to make you want to wrap, on the Endurance course they were trying to make me wrap all the way round, but they didn't succeed ;).

R

ripemanewone

Questions for those who passed and failed?
What were the most valuable sessions you were doing before PRMC and what sessions would you have done if you could go back?
Would be good to hear fron Rafikis point of view too
Honestly the best thing I did was work very very hard at gardening, digging at blind neck speed all day, sawing tree's down and shifting big heavy rocks around landscaping. I was always in the top half of the guys on the strength aspects like crawling and doing animals up hills. But not everyone has the privilege of being trusted to look after someone's garden and do whatever they like.

One thing I will make sure I get done properly is running and sprinting... crawling and doing anamals and obstacles I was fine with, but as soon as we started running I dropped back to the bottom. You need to run 6-8 miles once a week and do a crazy amount of hill sprinting and max returns the rest of the week!

RdlSmith

Reaction score
I don't think anyone was prepared for the unholy amount of hill sprints we had to do! Madness

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Would you say that fintan circuits would be a good practise for this?

RdlSmith

Reaction score
I'd say smashing hill sprints and squats and more hill sprints then giving drags a go then going for a 4 mile run straight after would be good practice, thats what I did and it was still the hardest thing i've ever done

R

ripemanewone

I don't think anyone was prepared for the unholy amount of hill sprints we had to do! Madness
I like that, 'unholy amount', haha, yeah Ive been put through some stuff at Boxing I thought was over the top, but PRMC is on a level you can't even begin to imagine... Okay I'll try break it down a little for folks:

Picture a 5mile run at minimum 12kph, with a stop at 5 hills, 2-4 stories high, 45deg slope each... At each hill doing several sets of sprints and drags, with squats, pressups, sit-ups and burpes at the top and bottom, then follow it off with a 3 mile run at the end... That's roughly the endurance course. Now imagine doing that after bottom field for an hour and half.