PRMC 3mile run route

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by sbradb, Feb 12, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

1. sbradb

sbradb New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the 3mile route? Has it got gradient? How much (a hill or slope)? Is it even terrain or covered in pot holes and constant ups and down etc?

Despite living in London where I live the roads are actually rather ‘hilly’ which I’ve never thought about before because I’ve got so used to it. Recently I done 3mile run on a completely flat even track as I was having a off day and had to drag myself out the door (something is better then nothing logic) I managed a easy sub 20mins without too much effort. So now I’m curious as to what to expect terrain wise when I’m finally down there. (Obviously I’m not expecting a lovely flat running track)

Thanks!

2. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

The BFT route is pretty much all flat (bit of up and down but nothing you'll notice physically) along a solid country road, maybe the odd pothole but its in great condition from memory. Ideal for the test. If you can train with hills do it as it'll make your time faster down there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sbradb

sbradb New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Cheers mate :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando

It's the flattest bit of road in that part of Devon! Biggest problem you'll have is meeting Jan on his tractor!

Alan

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

stay away from the edges of the route (road) as they are a bit beaten up to be fair , and they are on a camber (both sides) , but if your running say one foot in from the edge you should be fine ,half way point gets a bit muddy and wet , but apart from that it,s a decent route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  6. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Haven't been to CTC for over 3 years, some gucci info as on PRMC tomorrow, info will be a good help! Cheers!