Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Prmc 3rd march

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Wood90, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Rob20

Rob20 Royal Marines Commando

Currently TMU til march but will hopefully get pjft done shortly after and I'm hoping PRMC June time hopefully

2. BobBob

BobBob Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    My stats are abit give or take I haven't checked the body weight stuff for a while but I was at about 50 press ups, 12 pull ups, 75 sit ups last time I checked. I should probably do that again. My bft is probably my weakest bit sitting around 9:50 at the moment, also what i'm now focusing on, going to work my *text deleted* off and try and knock it down to 9 in the 48 days left.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bharry96

bharry96 Guest

just spoke to the afco and now I'm on this one. the nerves have kicked in already. :s

4. BobBob

BobBob Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Haha, Good nerves I hope? Mine are alright at the moment but i'll definitly be sitting near the toilet on the train down for the odd nervous poo. Your stats look pretty damn good though bud 80 press ups is impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bharry96

bharry96 Guest

yeh I'm nervous but exited. my gym stats are ok but my running needs to improve. hopefully i can get that time down in 6 weeks. :P i see you are coming from west Sussex? I'm in portsmouth (havant) myself so not to far

6. El Beatle

El Beatle Guest

Hi all! Anyone going on this prmc? Be great to get to know you before hand!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  7. Ali1075

Ali1075 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm on this one too lads! Coming from Edinburgh though!

8. Ali1075

Ali1075 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm on this one mate! What's your stats like?

9. bharry96

bharry96 Guest

hows the prep going?

10. Ali1075

Ali1075 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Not bad, mainly pull ups and press ups that I need to work on. Really nervous though . How's your training?

11. oJNAo

oJNAo Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Does anyone know when we get our train tickets?

12. bharry96

bharry96 Guest

ive just got a letter from my afco with a kit list and briefing notes for my prmc. I also got a paper with travel instructions and on that paper it said that my careers adviser would contact me to attend a prmc brief in the afco and thats when i would get my tickets.

13. El Beatle

El Beatle Guest

Press ups 73
    Sit ups 70
    Pull ups 10
    Mile and half 9:40 is my best. trying to get that down to 9:00
    My best 8 mile run is 59:00
    What's your stats mate?

• Like Like x 1
  14. bharry96

bharry96 Guest

what you doing to get your run time down if you dont mind? cause I'm trying to get my down too.

15. El Beatle

El Beatle Guest

Tonight I'm going for a 1.5 mile warm up at 12:30, then I'm going to run 1.5 miles as fast as I can. have 2 minutes rest then another 1.5 miles as fast as I can.

16. Ali1075

Ali1075 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    That's good bud, especially the press ups !

Press ups 40:(
    Sit ups 80
    Pull ups 8
    1.5 mile return PB is 8:50
    Bleep test level 11

Any tips for improving my press ups?

17. oJNAo

oJNAo Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just bang out as many as possible but make sure your form is perfect, I did my wrist in from not having my hands placed properly.

Do you run 3 times a week?

• Like Like x 1
  18. El Beatle

El Beatle Guest

Hi ali1075! I got a great recommendation off Sean lerwill. A former RM PTI. he said to improve your PUs SUs and Pull ups, do gainers. Basically you do say 20 press ups. 1 min rest, then do another 20, 1 min rest, then a last set of 20. Then the next day, you do 20,20,21. the next day 20,21,21 then 21,21,21 Do this every day. Adding 1 rep to your sets. It really has helped me a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  19. El Beatle

El Beatle Guest

The standards have changed for our PRMC too lads, how do you all think about that? 16 pull ups now for max points! And the press ups and sit ups are to the beep.

20. Ali1075

Ali1075 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah I do , I hurt my wrist before doing them wrong aswell haha.
    I actually run five times a week, but it's sort of broken up so one day I'll be doing fast paced stuff like sprints and the next I'll be doing a long slow jog so as not to burn my legs out.

That sounds like a good idea, I'll give that a go! Thanks
    Yeah, it kind of sucks to be honest because it makes the press ups harder and also makes it harder to achieve the max score on pull ups. What do you think?