Prmc 3rd march

Reaction score
Passed! Diary tonight, it'll be a drunk one though so excuse the grammar.
Well Done Mate

How do you think it went and any tips for us future lads doing it?

Congratulations mate now go get your green beret

Have a good night you have earned it

B

bharry96

Well done guys. How many passed etc? Got mine in few weeks, don't know whether I'm nervous or exciting? Seems to be a lot failing on form lately. Could you give us an insight to questions asked on interview?
i think 11 out of 26 passed. about 10 failed in the gym 7-8 of which were on the bleep test (be prepared) and a few on points. 2 left on day 1 the rest failed on Bottom field and EC.

i was in blue section. our interview was pretty good. the corporal was sound. we stood around him and he just asked us questions individually such as give me an example of what you can learn in training? where is 30 commando based? who were we fighting in iraq and Afghanistan? what was one of the corps defining actions in iraq? where are the commando units based? he also asked us to split into pairs and each give 2 commando tests - what the test involves, time, weight ect. we didnt get asked any VC winners ( i was pulled on the rmfa so not sure if VC questions were asked later).

the whole interview was good, the corporal was taking the mick out of us all, joking around and generally chilled out. as long as you know your stuff you will be fine. but in there own words if you dont know the answer to a question they will just hammer you with more and make you look stupid. they are really cracking down with the interviews and are annoyed that people want to join but know very little about the corp and its history. i never got asked about VC winners but one of the corporals said that you need to know in depth what each VC winner did. not just a small sentence on what hey did . try and know all 10 if not at the very least 5. and know them well. also know all the less major units such as 1 ASGRM, 539 ASRM, 4 ASRM, 6 ASRM, 9 ASRM and which ships they belong to, 10 landing craft training squadron, RM MAOT teams ect. as the corporal said ' you should know these units so if you get your green beret you know what opportunities are out there'.

B

bharry96

sorry to hear that mate, you'll be back in no time! did you have to have both feet over the line at each end or just one?
no just one foot. you get 2 warnings then out. after my first warning i started to panic and from there t all went down hill. if your foot is an inch away from the fline you will be flagged then if it happens twice more your out.

fattyboombatty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeh they were very strict. i failed bleep test by a few shuttles. your feet have to go over the line not just touch it.
on a side note for anyone else they are really hammering it down with interviews and corp knowledge. make sure you brush up on corp history, memorable dates, RM ORBAT (structure) and recent history.
Is that both feet over the line?

Edit: just seen this has already been answered

TrainInSaiyan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well Done Mate

How do you think it went and any tips for us future lads doing it?

Congratulations mate now go get your green beret

Have a good night you have earned it
Just wrote a diary mate with a few tips in!

oJNAo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My lads PRMC stats were

1.5m 8:45
Bleep test 12.1
Press-up 48
Sit ups 67
Pull up 9.

He found the bottom field/endurance course very tough, but very doable. He also said he felt quite strong across the board in all aspects of PRMC, and said this plan worked really well for him.

Any questions. Feel free lads. If you want yo direct them to my lad, please do so. He doesn't come on here much, so I can reply on his be half.

Good luck. And smash it next time round lads.
Appreciate the time you've taken to type this all out, and it will be used to help me progress cheers!

Your lad was definitely a machine when it came to anything physical on the PRMC and wish him good luck!

oJNAo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks mate. It was not an easy journey, everyone suffers from a lack of motivation, and sometimes we never really go outside our comfort zone when we should. My lad will admit that too, he worked extremely hard in the end, and it payed off. If there's anything you need. I'll be here always. It will never be too much trouble to help any of you lads out.

I must admit. I did wonder if the plan I put together for him was good enough. I thought, should I include more weights? But I'm ex infantry, and just went with my gut, as what worked for me during my time in the military.

Thank you girl your kind comments, regarding my lads performance, I'm just glad the plan I put together for him works. It can work for you too.

Dust yourself down mate. Train hard, and get on your way to your green lid.
Yeah the weights are definitely not needed unless they're lower body exercises used to tire the legs as the only benefit I reaped from doing weights was the gain in mass and improving pull ups.

Thanks for the help!

MumtoRM

Reaction score
Yes I got pulled off endurance course for a gash on my hand that wouldn't stop bleeding and as I was struggling
That's a shame!

Are you going to give it another bash?

oJNAo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Gym session. Get yourself a 10 kg weighted vest. Warm up 2000m in under 10 mins on a rower. Then do. To failure

3 x sets of weighted vest press-up
3 x sets of weighted vest sit up
3 x sets of weighted vest pull up.

3 x sets body weight press up
3 x sets body weight sit up
3 x sets body weight pull up

3 x sets of assisted press up
3 x sets of half sits
3 x sets of pull up

Then finish with, 10 min AMRAP of
10 squats
10 lunge
10 box jumps to 24"box.
Just a quick question do you warm up on the rower with the weight vest on or off?

oJNAo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Gald to know, that extra 10kg makes a hell of a lot of difference!

slahd

Reaction score
Ye really really helped with my lads press-up sit up and pull ups. Try doing 3 sets to failure to the bleep! Also very versatile, you could try doing a few hill sprints with it on too! If your feeling particularly sadistic!! Ha ha!!
How was his fitness before starting your training and how long did he have to train before his prmc?

Fatboy

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
His fitness levels before PRMC were not too bad, but it was rugby fitness. I did a 12 week programme for him, in prep for PRMC. And his PRMC fitness went through the roof. Before PRMC training plan.
8 mile best effort 1:35
1.5m best effort 12:55
Press up 26
Sit up 38
Pull up 4

Before PRMC.
8 mile best effort 57:56
1.5m best effort 8.53
Press up 49
Sit-up 70
Pull ups 10

PRMC fitness is specific, so look at what's required for that, and train for that only. No good spending 4 days a week lifting weights.
Wow that's great progression! I have around 6 or 7 weeks until my prmc so I'm going to use this plan and see how much I can improve. Thanks arny!