Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Prmc 3rd march

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Wood90, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Touching Cloth

Touching Cloth Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Well Done Mate

How do you think it went and any tips for us future lads doing it?

Congratulations mate now go get your green beret

Have a good night you have earned it

2. bharry96

bharry96 Guest

i think 11 out of 26 passed. about 10 failed in the gym 7-8 of which were on the bleep test (be prepared) and a few on points. 2 left on day 1 the rest failed on Bottom field and EC.

i was in blue section. our interview was pretty good. the corporal was sound. we stood around him and he just asked us questions individually such as give me an example of what you can learn in training? where is 30 commando based? who were we fighting in iraq and Afghanistan? what was one of the corps defining actions in iraq? where are the commando units based? he also asked us to split into pairs and each give 2 commando tests - what the test involves, time, weight ect. we didnt get asked any VC winners ( i was pulled on the rmfa so not sure if VC questions were asked later).

the whole interview was good, the corporal was taking the mick out of us all, joking around and generally chilled out. as long as you know your stuff you will be fine. but in there own words if you dont know the answer to a question they will just hammer you with more and make you look stupid. they are really cracking down with the interviews and are annoyed that people want to join but know very little about the corp and its history. i never got asked about VC winners but one of the corporals said that you need to know in depth what each VC winner did. not just a small sentence on what hey did . try and know all 10 if not at the very least 5. and know them well. also know all the less major units such as 1 ASGRM, 539 ASRM, 4 ASRM, 6 ASRM, 9 ASRM and which ships they belong to, 10 landing craft training squadron, RM MAOT teams ect. as the corporal said ' you should know these units so if you get your green beret you know what opportunities are out there'.

3. bharry96

bharry96 Guest

no just one foot. you get 2 warnings then out. after my first warning i started to panic and from there t all went down hill. if your foot is an inch away from the fline you will be flagged then if it happens twice more your out.

4. fattyboombatty

fattyboombatty Valuable Contributor

Is that both feet over the line?

Edit: just seen this has already been answered

5. TrainInSaiyan

TrainInSaiyan Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Just wrote a diary mate with a few tips in!

6. oJNAo

oJNAo Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Appreciate the time you've taken to type this all out, and it will be used to help me progress cheers!

Your lad was definitely a machine when it came to anything physical on the PRMC and wish him good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. oJNAo

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah the weights are definitely not needed unless they're lower body exercises used to tire the legs as the only benefit I reaped from doing weights was the gain in mass and improving pull ups.

Thanks for the help!

• Like Like x 1
  8. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

Do we assume you did not pass this time?

:(

9. oJNAo

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yes I got pulled off endurance course for a gash on my hand that wouldn't stop bleeding and as I was struggling

10. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

That's a shame!

Are you going to give it another bash?

11. oJNAo

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Definitely. Only endurance side of phys stopped me so will be smashing the training for the next 3 months!

• Like Like x 5
  12. oJNAo

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just a quick question do you warm up on the rower with the weight vest on or off?

13. slahd

slahd Active Member

What weight vest did your lad use? If you don't mind me asking

• Like Like x 1
  14. oJNAo

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Gald to know, that extra 10kg makes a hell of a lot of difference!

• Like Like x 1
  15. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Do you think they make a big difference mate? I've never used one, might invest!

16. slahd

slahd Active Member

How was his fitness before starting your training and how long did he have to train before his prmc?

17. Fatboy

Fatboy Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Wow that's great progression! I have around 6 or 7 weeks until my prmc so I'm going to use this plan and see how much I can improve. Thanks arny!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fatboy

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks! Not sure if you've seen my thread on kit to take down, but did your son take anything extra at all?

19. Fatboy

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Sweet, didn't even think about a foam roller, cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  20. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I borrowed that foam roller after bottom field, was a life saver before the endurance course!

• Like Like x 1