Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 5th of July 2016

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by GREEN55, Apr 19, 2016.

1. GREEN55

GREEN55 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    did you have your pjft today

2. GREEN55

GREEN55 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    well done with that score and for enduring 20+ minutes of boredom on a treadmill. what prmc date are you hoping for

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jammydodger

Jammydodger New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Cheers bud, yeah that last run is one big mental game after a few minutes haha! not sure yet mid june would be spot on but see what is offered i guess

4. Deja vu

Deja vu Member

Congratulations on passing bud. Might see you on this PRMC.

5. Jammydodger

Jammydodger New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thanks mate, i would be more than happy with this date gives time for some serious training prep.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Deja vu

Deja vu Member

You should get a phone call or email very soon, if you haven't already had one, asking if you feel ready.

I just asked for anything in June or later and got this one. Not sure if this was the next available one or if I was booked onto because I asked for a later one.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Jammydodger

Jammydodger New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Yeah I'm thinking ill get one tomoro, I'm the same really wouldnt want one to soon, 6 weeks would be spot on think i should be ready by then, starting arnys prmc programme looks very good!

8. Deja vu

Deja vu Member

Does look like a decent workout and it gets results as well. I'll be following it as best I can, but difficult to fit round work and home life, so I'll be tailoring it a bit.

Have you tried the Fintan circuit on here as well?

9. Jammydodger

Jammydodger New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Yeah mate it can be hard some days getting it in but aslong as everythings best effort when training its all that can be asked.

They are horrifying aint they haha, starting one a week on the beach with just crawls as of monday an one with sprints on a playing field. then two RM fitness tool circuits.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GREEN55

GREEN55 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    If you are on a beach with sand dunes would advise doing sprints on them, its tough but good

11. Jammydodger

Jammydodger New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Yeah will give that a go, following arnys plan so got a hill sprint day in there aswell bud.

Hows your prmc training going?

12. GREEN55

GREEN55 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    it was going good but hurt my arm at mma last week so gave pull ups and push ups a break for the week and have just been doing cardio but am going to start back at it properly tomorrow

13. Jammydodger

Jammydodger New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Yeah best to rest an get it sorted. Injuries are the only thing to date in the process of joining the corps that really piss me off, just part of it i guess!

14. GREEN55

GREEN55 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    ye exactly its just a pain not being able to train properly especially with the prmc coming up

• Like Like x 1
  15. H01ty

H01ty Active Member

Hopefully I'll book onto this date lads. PJFT Wednesday morning and the second half of an RMAD in the afternoon so if all goes to plan I'll be asking for this date. Update you on Wednesday!

16. fckdandbombed

fckdandbombed Active Member

You still on 5th of September? I'm on that too

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jammydodger

Jammydodger New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Good luck with pjft tomoro, make sure you smash it!

• Like Like x 1
  18. BeaHero93

BeaHero93 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    How many treadmill sessions a week did you lads do Pre-PJFT? I find them personally honking despite knocking down my time when I do the mock every Monday, yesterdays return run was a mental battle for sure haha

19. H01ty

H01ty Active Member

Cheers, and I got medical a lot sooner than expected so I've been doing 4 treadmill sessions a week for 2 weeks. When I first joined I did one a week for 2 months and passed fine.

20. GREEN55

GREEN55 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    The thing about treadmill is you don't need to be a great runner to get a good score, if you set the treadmill to a fast pace and just stick with it you will be fine