Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.
  1. C

C Guest

I'm no longer on this date, had some injury issues which are hopefully over but feel I want to build back up a bit more before PRMC.

2. Alba8418

Alba8418 Member

Unlucky mate, How the training going for everybody else?

3. imustbe#mad

imustbe#mad New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Bad times 'C', hopefully no more woes' for the next one.

did a hilly return 1.8 in 11.41, so i'm feeling a bit more confident!
    How you feeling Alba?

4. Alba8418

Alba8418 Member

Training is going well here, Doing circuit training with my boxing coach for two hours, three days per week and doing lots of hill sprints and duck walks etc on the off days. Also still going to the gym ifiI'm not too tired and trying to get my bft return down a bit (it's definitely passable, I'd just like to be closer to the 9:00 mark)

• Like Like x 1
  5. M31814

M31814 New Member

I'm on this one too, coming down from Nottingham!

6. Ben98

Ben98 New Member

Hey guys, Signed up for the 21st as well.
    Will be coming down from Cumbria

7. M31814

M31814 New Member

How's training going for everyone?

8. Alba8418

Alba8418 Member

Hey, two weeks today guys! How's everybody feeling? also to as a followup on Matt's question: Training is good here, I've been doing a lot of circuit training so I'm fairly confident and looking forward to getting destroyed on bottom field. I'm getting around 9:30-9:40 in my BFT return after the 1.5 mile warmup. Also getting around 45-50 pushups, 60-65 situps and i can do 12 pullups comfortably:D. So i guess i'm most concerned about my pushups or my BFT return if i had to choose something i would like to improve by then. Also, i'm struggling to keep my pushups going for the full 2 minutes, does anybody else have this issue? do you just smash them out or do you really pace yourself? -banghead-

9. M31814

M31814 New Member

Where you coming down from mate? And I'm literally the same stage as you training wise! Put me a bit more at ease reading that *text deleted*! Think that on the 1.5 return I'll run my best time ever as will just get in a mindset that I need to crack on and i don't want to be last! I'm struggling with push-ups too, currently doing 50 in around the 1:10 mark but do you have to complete the full 2 minutes or is it just however many you can do before he 2 minute mark is up?

10. Alba8418

Alba8418 Member

Hey Matt, I'm coming from Edinburgh, you don't HAVE to do then for the full two minutes you will get told to stand up if you're not pushing any more out, i was just wondering if all the other lads were doing the full 2. I agree with you in that i think you're going to get your best scores on the day when you're in that mindset.

11. M31814

M31814 New Member

That's a fair old journey fella! Have you had your briefing at your AFCO yet? What times did you get on the PJFT?

12. Alba8418

Alba8418 Member

Nope I phoned regarding that but was told i didn't need to go in for one. I got 9:48 for my return when i went and did the RMAD so it has improved, i still want to get it down safely under 9:30 though! :D What about you?

13. M31814

M31814 New Member

Nice one mate I feel confident but you never know what to expect I suppose *text deleted*, oh well 2 weeks will fly by now! And as weird as it sounds I did my return in 09:47 so was pretty happy as the gym was like a sauna! but like to think I've improved as currently running 4 mile in 28:00 on the dot!

14. Briggsy

Briggsy New Member

Hiya lads ive been doing a lot of training with a friend of mine whos ex RM PTI and has show me some training to get along with thought I'd share it here!
    200m row
    20 kettle bell swings (20kg)
    20 sit-ups
    30second hill sprint
    Repeat 4-5 times no rest in between
    I've done this for about a month and a half now and when I've conplete my bft it's become a lot easier every time! Hope it helps lads

15. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

Where on earth have you managed to find a rowing machine at the bottom of a hill? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Briggsy

Briggsy New Member

Hahahah haven't mate get it done in the gym !

17. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

I suppose Mumz,the trick is to find a gym at the bottom of a hill ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

Joking aside @Briggsy , it's good advice!

My lad got fit for pjft, prmc and then RT by using a rowing machine, kettle bells and running around where we live which is pretty hilly!

19. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

How did you manage 09:47 on the treadmill, but 09:58 on the 1.5mile run on the 3rd October?

Good effort on the 10.3miles.. Bit long for preparing for PRMC isn't it?

Thinking of buying these trainers.. What are your thoughts on them?

image.jpg

Ps.
    on the 6th day god created the treadmill whilst sleeping that night god decided on the 7th day he would create incline and from that day on god sat back and watched people fail..

• Like Like x 2
  20. M31814

M31814 New Member

Don't really know, I suppose the fact I had a gym instructor watching over me whilst I did my PJFT spurred me on a little, I wasn't really in any fit state after I completed my PJFT, and you might knock those yellow trainers and they where cheap as chips but they've carried me a fair few miles over the last couple of months!