Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC 729 (18th nov)

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Mikeyc, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 Active Member

Yehh it looks a pretty good unit to go into. He's just said I'm Gona be pushed way beyond my limits but just need to dig in deep and find it in me to carry on, if it's what I really want and I'm really ready then I should be able to do that he said. He could hardly walk when he came home from His, was funny like. But as strange as it sounds I am looking forward to being pushed that far , not experienced anything like that so far , so will be interesting to see how we all react to that

2. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yes mate it does, I know exactly what you mean, I want to find out how far I can go after my tipping point, I guess we just need to run on auto pilot when we hit the endurance course!

3. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 Active Member

The little catalogue I have here is called CadetDirect. Pretty much has evrything in it. Has polish and brush kits and stuff. But the polish mate, can probably get that from anywhere , the kiwi shoe polish should be sound unless anyone can suggest something different. Got my forms through today, sent them off. There wasn't any travel info on mine though mate , was there any on yours ?

4. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Perfect cheers lad. I'll have a look at that,

You don't get any travel info because they give you the ticket closer to the time or it costs them loads more. DONT SEND IT BACK UNTIL YOUVE COPPIED THE LIST ON THE FRONT PAGE.
    I forgot and I've been trawling the site looking for a kit list,

5. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 Active Member

Ahhh gutted mate. You got a kit list now though ? I've only sent the 2 forms that needed to be signed. Where abouts are you Gona be traveling from ?

6. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I've sort of made it up.. Educated guessing mate, I'm travelling from Brighton, yourself?

7. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 Active Member

8. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thank you mate, I'll use that.

Mine takes 6 hours, how about yours? You worried about any part of the PRMC/training?

9. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 Active Member

Yeh everything ! Nah the run time on the return run could be more consistent. Got 9:40 on the PJFT but that was quite steady. Sometimes get below 9 sometimes don't , just need to get it down to a tee. Actual gym tests , pull-ups are sound , do a lot of climbing so that helps a lot. Press ups can do about 55 on one effort , but then can push out a fair bit more with the remaining time of the 2 minutes. Need to improve on the sit-ups a bit I think. I won't be able to do the full 80. And the endurance course and that, there's only one way to find out I suppose haha! But just doing all round training for that. Running , cycling , rowing , swimming. But obviously being cautious about injury. What about you?

10. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 Active Member

Think my journey may be about the same or slightly longer

11. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ah nice one mate, my runs are a but inconsistent too, my best is 8:59 and I want to run my PRMC in 8:50. Full 6 points! As for the gym tests I just hope I don't screw it up, I'm 52 pressups in the 2 minute window at the second, with the sit ups ranging from 60-65. Pull ups are 10-12. I'm not the strongest swimmer so I need to work a lot more on that. Your stats sound good mate, I hope we have a strong PRMC! Just need to dig out. The train trip will be horrific on the way back, we won't be able to sleep or we will miss our stops

12. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    33 days to go!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 Active Member

Sent a shiver down my spine that mate ! Haha

14. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I can't wait! I'm in the process of making an inventory list of what I'm taking to the PRMC and also my final training programme that will hopefully make me hit my goals by November 11th!

15. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 Active Member

Good stuff mate ! Well prepared. You spoken to anyone else who's on our PRMC ?

16. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Only the guy that started the thread, this is the long term weather forecast for our PRMC!

Attached Files:

17. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 Active Member

Let's hope for some good weather , but we just got to be positive about it. Got my train tickets in email today mate, got to pick them up from the station , like 4 stops Gona take 6 hours and 50 mins

18. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I like running in the rain so I'm not too bothered! Oh really? Sweet, hopefully I'll get mine soon. You're going to have a rough 6 hour trip! When do you leave?

19. Mikeyc

Mikeyc Member

the weather looks pretty good for the 18th, hows the training going? are you both nervous/excited?

20. RDE

RDE Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    It's going well, max points on pressups almost, sit ups and pull ups are getting close too! How about yourself?