Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC 729 (18th nov)

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Mikeyc, Oct 10, 2014.

1. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I doubt you will be mate! It'll be a good range of ages I think, now all the commando school programmes have encouraged people. Well I haven't decided yet, I want to start a contracting business after service, so I'll see what can help me out moving towards that goal.

2. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 New Member

fair enough mate, there will be loads of options open to you I'm sure. when did you start you application process ? i started mine last july , my medical took 9 months ! place i had it at , kept messing about getting my medical forms and passing blame on to other parties. so waited a while for it

3. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah I'm looking forward to it all! I started mine at the start of the year, it's been pretty quick, I've just delayed everything because I wanted to wait a while. Now I'm ready! Ah the medical is the most annoying part of the process!

4. Mikeyc

Mikeyc New Member

Hows the injury today RDE? and you wont be the oldest there Ajboot, I'm 24. Also if your injury is more of a muscle injury then would it not do you good to see a physio? I saw you were planning on seeing a chiropractor.

5. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    It's still the same, it's my rest day today, I'm not entirely sure what it is, but I thought id get him to check it out before I see anyone else! I don't particularly mind if I can only do a few pull ups, my other stats are good so it's all okay. 6 will do me fine I hope. I just don't want to delay my application. How's your training going?

6. Mikeyc

Mikeyc New Member

Its going good, been training today. Can you still do your other activities with no pain or discomfort? You dont want to be going to PRMC with much of an injury, your body will have to put up with a massive amount of stress, so make sure you get it checked and sorted asap.

7. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Good to hear lad! Yes everything else is fine! Just the pull ups.. I ran 9:02 on my return yesterday so it doesn't seem to affect anything.. Press ups and sit ups are alright aswell. I'm happy to give it my best shot really, we will see. Us lads will have to talk on the Tuesday so we can put a face to the username.

8. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 New Member

yeh mate , we all have to get the same train to lympstone anyway dont we ? so we will catch up there. You had a rest yet mate ? is this your first attempt Mikeyc ?

9. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I think so, sounds good. I went to the gym twice today, back is feeling better, but I still can't get any more pull ups!hows training?

10. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 New Member

you been to see anyone about yet ? training is okay. just frustrating being in work. time is limited to train. But *text deleted* in good sessions when i do train , what you gona do for prep the week leading up to it ? I'm gona rest the 2 days before , just go for a swim, sauna, steam room.

11. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    No not yet, seeing one Friday! I'm just going to train until Sunday, rest Monday because Tuesday is a rest day too.. That sounds like a good plan and work does really hinder things

12. Mikeyc

Mikeyc New Member

Yea this is my first attempt, what about you both? Also think everybody gets the final train into lympstone from the same place dont they?

13. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah it's my first. I'm not sure mate but it would make sense.

14. Mikeyc

Mikeyc New Member

this is really random but what size feet are you both? andy32 said on a post recently to look at sorbothane insoles, so ive been looking on sports direct and there are some on there now 90% off for £2 but they are only sizes 3 and 11 which are left I'm a size 8 so no good for me.

15. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm size 11, hope that satisfied your foot fetish.;)

16. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Mate you can cut them down into a size 8 if you need! I did that with my pair! (12 to 11)

17. Cobby

Cobby Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Alright lads, looks like I'll be seeing you's down there. Got the 18th as well!

18. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Sweet! Welcome mate, how's training? Has everyone got train tickets now? Still haven't got mine..

19. Cobby

Cobby Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Cheers lad, training is going well. Mile and half return is around the 9 min mark, sit ups 71, pull ups 6/7 and push ups is around 35/40. Push ups aren't my strongest but hoping I can add a few reps on before PRMC. Nah, haven't got mine either mate, got a briefing later this month so hoping I'll get them then.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mikeyc

Mikeyc New Member

I got a briefing at my AFCO on the 30th so i will be getting mine then too. Where you coming from cobby?