Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC 729 (18th nov)

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Mikeyc, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Cobby

Cobby Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Nah not had it yet pal. Next Thursday I've got it with Mikeyc. Good stuff mate, I've done that before with the treadmill but I've not done it for a while so I may have another crack with that. What's your 10K time like?

2. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 New Member

to be honest mate, i dont really run over 6 miles when I'm out running, but normally if I'm doing 6 miles just do 8 minute a mile pace, but gona try and speed it up tomorrow. Normally when doing 4 miles, i try to aim for around 28 minutes. What distance do you usually run ? and when you say brief, do you mean you are going in to be briefed ? i just got a letter mate

3. Cobby

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Yeah mate, just a brief at the AFCO. Normally run 8 miles on a monday mate. And yeah that's decent mate

4. Cobby

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    But only recently started running 8 miles. Use to do 6 quite often mate

5. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 New Member

ahhh okay , let us know what goes on at the brief, as i said , i just got a letter

6. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 New Member

How's everyone feeling ? 3 weeks lads ! Have youse had ta brief yet or is it this Thursday ?

7. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Sorry lads I couldn't get onto my account.. The back still hasn't fixed itself. The guy said that its just going to heal on its own terms. Managing 4 pull ups. Everything is okay apart from that. I've not had my tickets sent to me or a brief organised..

8. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 New Member

Ahh not good mate , just rest your back totally then , no point trying to improve pull ups whilst injured , not exactly Gona get worse if you rest them. Really ? Give your AFCO a ring then mate, i didn't have s brief , just a letter then when I sent that off , I got an email a few days later with my train times and instructions of how to pick my tickets up

9. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I can't rest mate I need to gain at least 1 more pull up to feel somewhat safe, it doesn't hurt at all it's just very very weak.. My afco said he'd send me the tickets at a date closer to my PRMC, I'll email him at the end of the week if I've still not received anything.

10. marines

marines New Member

Alright lads Got given this PRMC date the other day ! Looking forward to it how you lads feeling about it. I'll be travelling from wiltshire. Did a look at life course back not long back and stats were
    1.5mi :9:18
    Bleep: 11.5
    Press ups : 92
    Sit ups: 61
    Pull ups: 8
    Assault course: 3:29

Feeling good as my running has improved a lot since the look at life managed to get an 8:58 return on PJFT.

Whereabouts you lads travelling from.

11. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hello mate, welcome! Your stats are looking insane! I'm really nervous about it all, but I can't wait!

12. marines

marines New Member

Nice one mate I can't wait either should be a good course. What's your plan now then for the lead up to it. I've managed to get on another look at life course with my college next Monday lasts a week so that will be good prep!

13. RDE

RDE Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Lucky lad! What do you actually do on it? Are you 18 too? I've got a friend who's in the operating circuit and said he'd give me the 2 week plan he used before his tests, he managed to go from 50press ups and 5 pull ups to 80 press ups and 9 pull ups, so I'm going to do that!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zilla

Zilla Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Be sure to post that mate, I'm sure many including myself would be interested in it :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. marines

marines New Member

Yeah post it when you get it mate ! And look at life is basically a mock PRMC except you do the gym test on a different day to the 3 miler.

Mon: arrive introduction ect
    Tues: endurance course (without run back), lectures , evening sport
    Weds: Bottom field , gym tests and swim
    Thurs: 3 mile run , fieldcraft day on Woodbury , evening sport
    Fri : debreif

16. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 New Member

Alright mate ! Yeh your stats sound like your smashing it! I didn't even know these courses existed. How did you get on in them, like how hard did you find it ? And I'm travelling from Liverpool

17. marines

marines New Member

Nice one lad ! And the look at life courses are really good mate. It's basically there for you to get a taste of what a PRMC / life in the marines is like there's plenty of phys where you get out what you put into it! My college course gets offered places in them every year I do level 3 public services

18. Cobby

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Welcome mate, stats are looking strong! Keep it up. Got my brief tomorrow, hoping I'll receive my train tickets then. Yeah, it's getting close now lads, nervous as anything for it but buzzing!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ajboot08

Ajboot08 New Member

Ahh sounds good mate. Wouldn't have minded going on one of those myself. Just done a fintan circuit then. That *text deleted* is grim ! Feel good now though, lungs feel full. And decent Cobby, let us know how It goes tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cobby

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Will do pal! I've done a fintan circuit before. Quality aren't they!