Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 8th July

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by benny88, Apr 24, 2014.

1. sd2014

sd2014 New Member

Unlucky @Xerath!
    How long before you can come back?

2. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

I was told 12 months which shocked me a bit as I've only heard of 3 - 9 months, but it gives me plenty of time to get myself squared away. I'm going to give my AFCO a call tomorrow morning to let him know how I got on. Hopefully they might let me re-try in about 7/8 months but I'm not counting on it

• Like Like x 2
  3. sd2014

sd2014 New Member

Yeah, 12 months seems a bit steep but on the up side, you'll be an absolute machine next time round

4. W2014

W2014 Royal Marines Commando

Ah right so it's not like you had just got through your mocks by the skin of your teeth. All the best for your training.

5. FreeCoaster

FreeCoaster Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    That's unlucky :(

Would you say the run was harder than the PJFT?

6. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

Running outdoors is by far 'easier' than on a treadmill, but the thing that made it hard for me was running at the back of a massive squad of lads having to sprint to close up the gaps which takes it's toll after a while!

• Like Like x 1
  7. benny88

benny88 Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    9 on 3miler . 1 withdraw before gym . 2 on pull ups . 2 on bottom field I think that's it so far .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Batman

Batman Royal Marines Commando

That's a lot to loose on the 3 miler, I bet the PTI wasn't happy about that :eek:. No one wrapped on the endurance course then?

9. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

Who left before gym? Pm me if you like/say on Facebook

10. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

I think 3 lads suffered injuries. Apparently, one went over his ankle, one done something to his knee and the other ended up at medbay afterwards. Our PRMC was cursed with bad luck! :eek:

11. Batman

Batman Royal Marines Commando

On mine a couple of weeks ago a lad went over on his ankle towards the end of the first run and was pulled out after about 13 minutes on the return, later on we found out he had broken his ankle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

Yeah the training team told us about that. It was because of his cords on his combats wasn't it? Didn't have them tied properly

13. Banshee

Banshee Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ouch I'd be pisse d

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  14. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

@Xerath, sorry about the result mate,however i think you are to be congratulated on your guts to come back on here and tell lads you didn`t pass this time, I would think you are feeling pretty down at the moment so fair play to you young man for that,keep your head up lad,you`ll be fine in the long run i`m sure and keep helping those behind you,its what its all about..

Might sound daft at the moment but well done..

• Like Like x 5
  15. Grimey Arches

Grimey Arches Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    @Xerath What was your times and scores like for the course buddy?, unlucky man but keep cracking on!

16. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

Thanks mate. The Corporal gave me a bollocking for egging the lads on near the '500 metres to go' sign when we were all hanging out haha, hopefully it made a good impression though -nailbiting-

Definitely. I'm not going anywhere, even after I earn my boots and certificate next year... and my Green Beret after that!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

I didn't find out my time for the run as the Corporal just shouted out that I had failed! I didn't come last though, that's the main thing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

Good lad

• Like Like x 1
  19. 44carl44

44carl44 Royal Marines Commando

Lost 9 on return, 2 on pull ups, 1 self withdraw, 2 bottom field, 5 on the return on endurance but as it was near the end and they were pulled out and never gave up they got to stay. Just under my bivvi on the night out can't sleep I can remember everything fresh as day so after getting home having a good sleep and a good feed will get a diary up.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

Congrats mate