Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC 9th September 2014

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by TrainARDFightEZ, Jul 25, 2014.

1. TrainARDFightEZ

TrainARDFightEZ New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Anyone else booked in for this date? Passed my PJFT last week ran a return time of 8:16.

2. "Sandy"

"Sandy" Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Good effort on the time, whats it like outside?

3. TrainARDFightEZ

TrainARDFightEZ New Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Cheers pal. Last time I ran it outside, I did It on a 400m track and clocked in at 7:54.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gaz1990

Gaz1990 Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Yeh i have my prmc too on this date good effort on the run.

5. Shepard

Shepard New Member

I'm on this one too , did make my own forum topic thing about it but will stick on here in future..

• Like Like x 1
  6. mason17

mason17 New Member

ive got this date as well lads, past PJFT yesterday

• Like Like x 3
  7. mason17

mason17 New Member

8. "Sandy"

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Well done mate what was your time?

9. mason17

mason17 New Member

cheers mate and 12:10 and 9:40

10. "Sandy"

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Good man!

• Like Like x 1
  11. stan

stan Member

Might be on this one lads, find out tomorrow!

12. bazdot97

bazdot97 Member

mo farrah

• Like Like x 1
  13. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

How did you get on lads?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gaz1990

Gaz1990 Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    whats up mate,It went well up to the bottom field and I got absolutely beasted I wasn't expecting it to be as grueling as it was.
    The bottom field was 2 and half hours long and that is no joke.I was always at the back,I was not used to the weight of the boots nor my drenched clothing.
    5 lads wrapped at the very start i kept going for two hours always at the back but still going after sprints up hill ,duck walks up hill and the assault course the sergeant major pulled me but said I had the right attitude but I was not ready.So I'm back to the drawing board for 6 months and I'm going to get faster and stronger and ill be back to smoke prmc.

15. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

That's a shame Gaz!

At least you know what to expect next time!

16. Beans and Chips pls

Beans and Chips pls Royal Marines Commando

Jesus I dunno why but I thought you'd pass because you seemd to have good stats etc. Proper bricking mine now!

I know this is always asked, but anyway what would you do differently training wise?

17. Grimey Arches

Grimey Arches Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Unlucky buddy, how did you find the water under the monkey bars?. ;)

18. Gaz1990

Gaz1990 Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Well firstly I would train specifically for bottom field.The warm up was intense but not to bad I was keeping up with that,it was when the hill came in that wrote me off.The military crawls up the hill were very tough after that I did a few sprints, press ups and sit ups I was grand.Then they did duck walks for about 20 ft before the hill and then I had to make my way up the hill doing the duck walk(while holding my ankles)after that I was just trying to survive.(*text deleted*Once the corporals see you struggling they go harder on,so DON'T FALL BEHIND*text deleted*) The best thing you can do is find a hill and do military crawls,duck walks up and down to condition your legs for that type of torture.I wasn't conditioned for this and it resulted in me being pulled from the course.The best advice I could give would be train for the things I outlined above and make sure your recovery period is fast and your endurance is top notch.

There was a lad on prmc that mad it to week 15 of rt and quit.He told me he done 8 miles everyday in preparation of this prmc.He was one of the fastest on the 3 miler,he was the fastest on bleep with level 14 and he lead the pack on the bottom field if you want to be prepared do that.I'm going to do this to hopefully pass in 6 months.just don't under estimate the fitness required because I did and I got the hard end of the stick.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Gaz1990

Gaz1990 Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Thanks mate, I didn't actually go in there once when on the monkey bars.The only time was after the start of the most intense warm up I ever done they made me and the lads jump in to weigh us down.If anything it cooled me down a bit but the weight was tough when you get out.

20. Grimey Arches

Grimey Arches Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    And then after Bottom Field you have the Endurance Course!-vomit-