Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC am I ready

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Sturgg101, May 31, 2019.

1. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I’ve got my prmc roughly in 4-6 weeks. My stats *text deleted* are-
    40 press ups
    60 sit ups
    10 pull ups
    1.5 return 10.10.

I’ve not really done a run past 4 miles does that matter as I’ve been reading people say you need to be running atleast 8 miles before coming down prmc. Also does anyone pass prmc with 1.5 return runs in the high 10 mins. Any replies would be amazing! I know my stats aren’t good trying to improve them as much as I can in the next month.

2. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

@Sturgg101 - Going to be blunt & honest (not harsh)..Your figures are OK but not more then that , but i think you know that already so telling you nothing you dont know. For arguments sake take a few of each of your numbers (press ups & sit ups) , due to performance nerves , and so on a you would need high scores elsewhere on the course, your pull ups are decent in fairness..;). But it can be said you may lift your game and surpass these numbers , and if you work hard for the next month you should be ready for PRMC & achieve decent scores..but improvement is required.

As for running 8 miles. not required , train for the tests you have..2.4 km returns , the furthest you will run is 4 miles back from Woodbury with your kit on the endurance course, being able to run a good distance is not a requirement , but certainly not a negative either if you enjoy running , mixing you running up will help , i.e intermittent sprints when on a run, improving you CV.
    But you are on track , just keep working hard to improve.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  3. Nella94

Nella94 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi mate, I am at a similar stage to you. I am trying to improve my numbers, and find that using a weighted vest and doing hill sprints (as what Arny has suggested), has improved these. Hope this helps with your training.

4. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

5. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @The guide tbank you for your reply I’m hoping to get my sit ups and press ups on max scores within the next Month so I have best chance of passing prmc. With regarding to running Do you think I’ll be fine running no more than 4 miles then? And thanks again for your time

6. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

For PRMC specific , 4 miles is fine , just push it on those runs , and as mentioned put some , sprints or hills in there even just striding out a bit will help ...do not just relax into 4 mile runs. You are only a few weeks of PRMC little to no point putting in extended runs at this point , focus on the test requirements , core strength , and general CV.

• Like Like x 1
  7. blindman3004

blindman3004 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    What are you like with body carries and crawling?

8. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I would get one long run in, once a week. Slow and steady. 8-10 miles.

Yes you may run back 4 miles from endurance course to Woodbury but you will be running around the endurance course, sprinting, running back and forth, up and down hills...and that is after having a very taxing bottom field session first off in the day.

You will struggle on day 2 if your body is not used to Running those distances,and you can't frizz it out when your legs are already heavy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @blindman3004 haven’t even tried body carries and crawling yet haha I was going to start next Monday with my new routine.

10. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @Jaykay2343 thanks for your reply. Also is a 10.10 1.5 return too poor to pass prmc ?

• Seen Seen x 1
  11. GriZZ

GriZZ New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Only you can know if you’re ready for it mate, we can’t really answer that. Your stats are alright, they can certainly get you through the PRMC but you’re really letting yourself down with the running, as you could struggle if you don’t have enough points when it comes to doing the assault course on bottom field. Just don’t doubt yourself, probably the worst thing to do before the PRMC.

12. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

You’ll likely scrape a pass through day 2, but probably struggle to pass day 3. If you don’t have more than 4 miles in your legs coupled with a below average BFT, then your CV is below the required level to pass at this moment in time.

If you maintain your Attendance to your PRMC in 4 weeks time you risk doing panic phys which can seriously risk injury. I’d say your about 8 - 10 weeks off a strong pass with some good consistent training. Coupled with good periods of rest.

Just my view. I should however point out I’ve never done a PRMC or been a Royal. So maybe the views of those above should be taken more seriously than mine.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @arny01 thanks for your reply, I’m goin to slowly increase my miles 1 mile a week up to 6.

14. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @GriZZ thanks for your reply and I know I’m just stressing out thinking I’m going to fail. I’m going to work my ass off for the next 6 weeks. Up my runs to 5 a week I was doing before 3

15. GriZZ

GriZZ New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I wouldn’t run 5 times a week just before a PRMC, you’ll risk injuring yourself. I’m no professional but 3 a week is more than enough, just ensure you’re putting in max effort in everything you do for prep.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

@Sturgg101 Definitely worth considering the advice above from @arny01
    He's being modest but he knows his stuff.

If you want to defer your PRMC speak with your Careers Adviser. He or she wants you to pass. Currently PRMCs are being run weekly so there's no loss of opportunity. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. blindman3004

blindman3004 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    haha fair one..done

• Like Like x 1
  18. STG97

STG97 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    @Sturgg101 i had very similar stats to you before heading down to prmc, except my sit ups were a lot lower, I’d also never run more than 4 miles. managed to get a sub 9:20 return run on the day and got decent scores throughout the course. I’d say give it a go mate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @STG97 did you pass mate ?

20. JTech

JTech Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    The gym tests are the easy part. Your BFT time shows you’ll probably struggle with bottomfield and endurance. I ran 8.50 and started to lag at the end of endurance. Just another perspective.