Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC am I ready

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Sturgg101, May 31, 2019.

1. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @GazMMM I'm sorry but I understand where your coming from in some aspects but your basically sayin if you don’t have a 8 min 30 1.5 your failing prmc. Spoke to someone on this forum who passed with a high 10 min 1.5. Although I’m not going to be attending prmc until I max out press ups sit ups pull ups. And a 9 min 30 1.5 after a intense warm up

2. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @GazMMM also @STG97 has passed his prmc and in recruit training so he must be fit enough

3. STG97

STG97 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Extra phys before tests won’t do anyone’s prmc scores any favours. Just trying to give him some advice.

4. GazMMM

GazMMM Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Jibberish. Your joining the Corp gents.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  5. GazMMM

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I passed in 98 and did 12 years before getting injured on Herrick. Was recce most of my career. And took two troops through CTCRM. Completed 8 tours. Yeah I’ve an idea.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @GazMMM ive heard a lot the entry standards have dropped a lot since years compared to now. Why is that

• Like Like x 1
  7. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

To be honest I’m a little glad @GazMMM has turned up here and is telling it like it is. As an Ex Pongo never being a Royal has had its difficulties for me posting phys advice on here. I believe that those offering advice should have the experience to back it up!

The Royal Marines do not do mediocrity! Neither do they accept minimums! The standards are there, and the attitude is to smash those standards and to give everything you got to exceed them! It’s far better to see a guy with a 10 minute BFT coughing up a lung, than a bloke breezing in, in 8 mins. It’s all about approach and attitude to any given task.

That’ll do, will never do!

If that’s your approach, then find another career path.

• Like Like x 4
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  8. Sturgg101

Sturgg101 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @arny01 ive not got minimums in any of my scores and I don’t intend to go down to prmc with any minimums. I'm not going down until I’ve got 9 min 30 1.5 consistently and max press ups and sit ups and pull ups

9. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Great news!

• Like Like x 1
  10. GazMMM

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Don’t go down until you know you can hit a 9:30 min even after a quick 4 miler. Before I joined in 96 I’d run just about everywhere. Daysack with my work gear, lunch and towel etc. Just plod. But do those hard short runs also. Use a watch and mark the miles on your route. Do plenty of hill reps and fartlek training. Work on recovering fast. Then BFT’s are a joke to you. You’ll get through Lymchvitz then get 8 min BTFT’s still pissed from a Thursday nite on union street !

11. Faugery

Faugery Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Just getting through PRMC will leave you short of skills to get through foundation let alone week 5. You need to have a lot of "more" to get through each week of recruit training. It is better to slow down your processing until you have what @GazMMM says, drunk or not;)

12. GazMMM

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah tis true. The ‘barrack room’ bulls*it breaks more blokes than most (not counting injury) things. Getting in the field is a relief from constant admin and inspections. CTCRM is designed to break then train.

13. GazMMM

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Take each day as it comes. Be stubborn to yourself and never give up. Plus visit Dutchies while your kits in the drier at 0200 in the morning. Iron it until 0300, sleep until 0630. Go for breakfast, then it all starts again. It’ll only last 8 months don’t worry.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. GazMMM

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    PPS: I’ll let you into a secret. Your training team’s best mates are in the units you ‘might’ end up in. If they send any sh*t then they’ll have to answer for it. Give those Royal Marines with years of operational experience trust in you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

Jestsers??! Yeah!!

16. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Honestly I’d advise anyone (including myself two years ago) to pin back ears and listen to what Gaz is saying.

Don’t even look at the points guides. I let myself fall into thinking “this is good enough to pass”. Which it was. I got my PRMC pass and boots, but I along with many others who did the same found ourselves lacking when we rocked up to RT. Sure you could struggle through but it made every aspect of life down there that much harder.

Everyday I wished I had trained harder, longer and delayed my entry by a year or two.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1