PRMC Appeal

james720

Reaction score
Does anyone know weather you can appeal against the PRMC decision. As the Cpl's said even though i failed the 3miler by 4 seconds i could still pass the course, just wondering if anyone knew.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
For the benefit of those yet to attend PRMC:

They usually give those that fail the run the offer to complete the PRMC for the experience. Personally I've not come across anyone that has appealed against a PRMC decision and suspect that an appeal would result in the opportunity to undergo another PRMC. (Happy to stand corrected if anyone has experienced different).

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
an appeal wouldnt do you any good at all.....just suck it up and accept the decision, if you fail the run then you fail the course. accept it and try again.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The other recruits in your troop would have absolutely zero respect for you if they worked their arses off to pass PRMC and earn a spot in RT, whereas you whined and complained your way in. Do it properly because if you can't pass PRMC it goes without saying you are nowhere near ready for RT.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
an appeal wouldnt do you any good at all.....just suck it up and accept the decision, if you fail the run then you fail the course. accept it and try again.

I agree, but jesus christ? 4 seconds?!:amazed:

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
fail is a fail, even getting dead on 10.30 isnt ideal.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I agree, but jesus christ? 4 seconds?!:amazed:
If they allowed a run-back of 10:34 then those doing it 10:38 would then feel aggrieved possibly. The question is is also whether the person appealing managed to 'max-out' in all other elements of PRMC and therefore could add strength or credence to a potential appeal about an "injustice".

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
also in my opinion the 3 miler was by FAR the easiest test on PRMC, if you cant crack that in a reasonable time you will really struggle on the bottom feild and gym test 2.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
So if you fail the 3mile on PRMC do you get sent home then??

(Y)

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
probably depends on how badly you fail it.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
So if you fail the 3mile on PRMC do you get sent home then??

(Y)

Yep, you are usually given the option to stay if you wish (But you either pass or fail on the 3 mile runfrom the outset- you cannot claw back any brownie points if you fail the 3 mile run)

Currently 75% of PRMC fails occur on the 3 mile run, hence the soon-to-be introduction of a 3 mile PJFT to save the bus fare to Lympstone. (The 3 miler will continue to be the first part of PRMC as well as the PJFT)

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Currently 75% of PRMC fails occur on the 3 mile run, hence the soon-to-be introduction of a 3 mile PJFT to save the bus fare to Lympstone. (The 3 miler will continue to be the first part of PRMC as well as the PJFT)

The reason im doing RMAD on 30th :\ *text deleted*