Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Prmc attempts?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by CAA98, Feb 7, 2019.

1. CAA98

CAA98 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Is it possible to get another chance at PRMC after failing previous 3?

2. Rover

Rover Moderator

Begs the Question......

Why did you fail three times?

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It's been done before but usually after a considerable period has elapsed (a few years) and the individual would have to have a compelling supporting case to be even considered.

Marrying CGRM's daughter & winning the London marathon ought to do it. If most cases you can expect to be ttfo & join the Fleet Air Arm or something less taxing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CAA98

CAA98 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    First attempt was in 2016 I failed on points if I remember correctly, but I remember getting there and I just began doubting myself straight away and I think nerves took over.
    Second attempt was a year after failed on bottom field no excuses just wasn't fit enough.
    Third attempt was last year I came off endurance course due to shin/ankle injury, me and another 2 lads I think were falling to far behind the main group and we were pulled off.
    I was just wondering if any other lads have had more than 3 attempts?

5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

To be honest, the probability of anyone chipping in with personal experience of such circumstances is slim.

Your best answer is almost certainly in the first paragraph of post #3 above. The only way you're going to get a fourth opportunity is if you can provide that "compelling supporting case." And then some. Best of luck though.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Two fails through of lack of adequate prep followed by a WBOC in 2018 is probably not going to see a fourth attempt anytime soon, unfortunately.

Best bet? Start producing verifiable evidence of your future potential - references, training diaries, certificates of phys achievements, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CAA98

CAA98 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Ok cheers for the info.

8. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Isn’t there a lad on here who’s now a fully fledged RM who passed on his 4th PRMC?

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Probably.

You do get those who suffer repeat injuries, as well as those who simply don't train adequately. Arguably the two can be linked.

If the training team witness the injury and it it's accompanied by a satisfying crack & an anguished howl, they're more likely to recommend a retake. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Yeah I suppose that makes sense!

11. flakey19

flakey19 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just a thought, you could look into whether your medical from last year is still in date and beg your AFCO to put you onto a RMAD, I’m sure if you shine there it’ll help your case in a 4th PRMC attempt.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I get the sentiment but if it takes three attempts in the short term, then a letter off the Pope assuring devine intervention is recommended.

Rocking up three times & failing doesn't just show dogged determination.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    On the flip side, if you crack on with a 4th attempt, you can ask for your favourite bib. Win win mate

• Like Like x 1