PRMC Boots

Megalomaniac

Reaction score
Ok guys, For those who don't know me I have been on a POC already where we were allowed to wear are own boots. Those that did not have there own boots, borrowed some from stores. These quickly cut peoples feet to shreds.

As such I am hoping to be able to take my own boots to the PRMC.

I went for my briefing a couple of days ago and asked if I could take my boots down to CTC. The warrant officer was honest with me and said he had never been asked before.

So the question goes out to anyone who has already been on a PRMC. Are you allowed to take your own boots??? or has anyone else taken there own boots??? :wondering:

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i got given boots there so u might aswel use the ones they give u

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I do not know, would be interesting to know! I think you should take your boots along with you and ask whilst down there, then report back!

EDIT: As long as no one on here knows the answer obviously!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Are you allowed to take your own boots??? or has anyone else taken there own boots??? :wondering:

In short, the answer is no.

The reason for this is that there's little point spending money on boots that you may never need again & it will give you no advantage on PRMC.

On PRMC you only wear boots for health & safety legislation on the bottom field aspects and there is categorically no advantage in having your own boots for the short periods they are worn. On POC the boots are used on metalled surfaces and much more extensively throughout.

If you have a look at the FAQs at the bottom of POC Briefing Notes all becomes clear.

Megalomaniac

Reaction score
Thanks Ninja, I won't be taking my own boots then. Hopefully thats one less telling off I will get while down there.