PRMC - Bottom field

Luke2504

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard alot of talk from people who've done their PRMC and mentioned how tough the bottom field part is.

My question is, what is bottom field and what exercises does it consist of?

Yossarian

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Have a look at the PRMC diaries. There are some good accounts of it in a few recent ones.

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
And also, once you've read said diaries, if you Google Maps CTCRM, you can actually zoom in a somewhat make out the obstacles.

Might be hard to relate the text to the map, not sure. Having been there, you can see quite clearly what they are.

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
And also, once you've read said diaries, if you Google Maps CTCRM, you can actually zoom in a somewhat make out the obstacles.

Might be hard to relate the text to the map, not sure. Having been there, you can see quite clearly what they are.
Thank God I'm not the only person who's done this! You can even make out the circle where you cool down after a run of the assault course.

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Thank God I'm not the only person who's done this! You can even make out the circle where you cool down after a run of the assault course.
haha dont worry i have done this also! haha :fly:

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure there's not many on here who haven't looked at CTCRM on google maps. Anyone who hasn't, own up!

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I used to do it during work when i was bored and waiting for calls.:laugh:

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I used to do it during work when i was bored and waiting for calls.:laugh:
Daytime: Pretend to work :wondering:, actual activity PMRC forum.

Evening: Phys

Nightime: Sleep

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure there's not many on here who haven't looked at CTCRM on google maps. Anyone who hasn't, own up!
I haven't. It'll be a nice surprise. Only seen what I saw on the Chris Terrill documentary.

:bully:

It's a good idea though. Might have a gander when I'm near a pc.

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
That circle is a horrible circle. Right lads 10 pressups 10 situps 10 squat jumps 10 lunges then sprint to the cargo net crawl under the cargo net, sprint to the 6ft wall go AROUND the 6ft wall, sprint back to me then upto the pullup bars crack 5 pullups then back to the circle.. Get back, right lads everyone crawl to the 5ft wall then squat jump back. PAYS TO BE A WINNER... Thats what bottom field is like haha.

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
That circle is a horrible circle. Right lads 10 pressups 10 situps 10 squat jumps 10 lunges then sprint to the cargo net crawl under the cargo net, sprint to the 6ft wall go AROUND the 6ft wall, sprint back to me then upto the pullup bars crack 5 pullups then back to the circle.. Get back, right lads everyone crawl to the 5ft wall then squat jump back. PAYS TO BE A WINNER... Thats what bottom field is like haha.
You, Sir, have just talked me out of joining the Royal Marines :cheesy:
Haha, not really. It'll take more than that! 11 weeks, 6 days til my PRMC. Oh yes, I'm counting down alright!

Yossarian

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Don't forget the carries :wink:

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I was on the phone to my CA the other day and was asking him about bottom field and the EC. He said not to worry and don't listen to some of the horror stories lads tell ya.

Reading this its hard not to:wondering:

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I was on the phone to my CA the other day and was asking him about bottom field and the EC. He said not to worry and don't listen to some of the horror stories lads tell ya.

Reading this its hard not to:wondering:
Don't listen to him, he's obviously never done it himself!!

Well, er... maybe :praise:

Steffan

Reaction score
how far do you have to do the carries and drags? would it be worth finding a buddy to practice these with?

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
how far do you have to do the carries and drags? would it be worth finding a buddy to practice these with?
Wouldn't hurt to practice :blink1:

Don't listen to him, he's obviously never done it himself!!
Well he is a cpl in the Royal Marines but he could be lying i guess?:huh:

I will ask him and tell him you said that. :blink1:

I imagine you might be called out for a duel? :fight: