prmc date 17th of december - help with a training plan plz

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys i passed all my interview, medical and pjft ( 8:50) yesterday and i got i have got my prmc date on the 17th of next month i am currently doing

Monday
3 mile run
40,30,?? and then as many slow press ups as i can do.
sit ups 50x3
pull ups 3x as many as i can do which is about 4

tuesday
i do a general all round weights

wednesday
3 miler which i can do in 19:30
same with press ups , sit ups and pull ups

thursday
day off

friday
3 miler with press ups,sit ups,pull ups and gym workout

saturday
3 miler with press ups,sit ups,pull ups

sunday
6 miles in 40 mins with press ups and sit ups and pull ups again

just owndering what you guys think?, do you think ill be able to pull through and do this prmc :*text deleted*: i can do 40 press ups, 60 sit ups and 4 pull ups
and one more question guys with the press ups is your partners fist meant to be horizontal or vertical?
thanks all and pm if you on the 17th of december :D

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like your doing pretty well mate! with press ups your partners fist is palm down as far as ive been told! i didnt realise there was one on the 17th hmmm i might try and get on this one as well.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i thought it was but in all the prmc videos the fist was vertical and i asked my afco and he said what does it show in the videos i said its vertical and he said there you go then...i would like to know as i could do 15 more press ups this way which would make me be able to do 55 *text deleted*

Mr T

Reaction score
In my humble opinion I think you need at least 2 Rest days a week. This will allow your body enough time to recover from everything, may sound silly but you might want to consider your rest days more on the approach to your PRMC, but thats just me :)

Looks like a good plan you got there, press ups are with the partners palm facing down.

Maybe in one week instead of a gym workout you could includ a round of circuits just to do something different and get you hanging out a bit, (I got some wicked marine circuits if you want some *text deleted*)

Most of all remember.....Its not a matter of if you will pass, its 80% in the mind, keep focus and you WILL PASS!

Good luck mate

State of Mind

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with the fella above, resting is key to a healthy training schedule as much as training itself.

When doing muscular training u are "ripping" muscle fibres apart inside that main muscle group and resting allows these fibres to recover and thats how *text deleted* muscle becomes stronger!

Allow at least one or two days to recover depending on hw intense *text deleted* regime is.

SoM

p.s when doing pressups *text deleted* partners fist is FLAT on the floor. NOT vertical irrespective of what *text deleted* AFCO has sad bud...i completed 18weeks RT i no *text deleted*