Prmc detail?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Mattys, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ive recently started doing things outside to try get as close to prmc as I can so would be handy if those who have done it can share some information.

Just with regards to bottom field and endurance run.

Whats the best exercises to work on? I have started doing runs where every 2 minutes I stop and do 10x prisoner squats and repeat for a few miles but would be good to know what sort of set up they do there so I can add it in!

Like is it 100 metre sprints then body exercises things like that?

Appreciate any feedback

2. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Despite not having done a PRMC myself, I've done a few 'sessions' of battle PT conducted by Marines, both at CTC as part of the bottom field evolution, and in engagement days.

Exercises that came up frequently were Bear crawls, Bunny hops, Duck walks, 'commando' crawl or leopard crawl, drags and carries (including bridal style carries). Mix in normal body weight exercises including pull ups as there is a lovely little hill on the bottom field with pull up apparatus that becomes apart of pays to be a winner and other activites.

The format was varied, some evolutions you'll just do 50m of a exercise then switch to another one, others could be pays to be a winner up a steep but short hill, or mix up ones with different exercises in a set along with sprinting around and reaching markers etc.

In one that I remember we had to do 50m of two carries and drags, a duck walk and then a crawl, with '10s' in between each exercise (10 press ups, sit ups and burpees in our case), straight into the next 'activity' which was leg burning ones like duck walks, bunny hops and a few drags for good measure followed immediately by several sets of pays to be a winner, before sprinting to the monkey bar tank and submerging ourselves, giving those who were first back a chance to 'rest' by jogging on the spot.

3. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ty for the reply mate!

I’ll have to youtube a few of them as I’m not to familiar with some of them.

So looking at it circuit training would seem like something that would help a lot aswell as several sprint sessions with body exercises after each.
    Living in wales there’s fields everywhere by me so I’ll look for what that’s not fit for horses and just full on boggy!

Cheers for the advice again appreciate it