PRMC Diaries...

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
First of all i'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but i've put it in this place because it's the most frequently viewed :D

But if you feel like you must move it Ninja or GW, sorry for any waste of your time.

Right, i've got my PRMC on the 21st of this month and it would really help to read quite a few recent diaries at this stage...and the latest one on the forum is from August! So if anyone has recently completed a PRMC and wouldn't mind spending a few minutes writing a diary, i'd hugely appreciate it and i'm sure alot of the other lads would too.

Cheers for your time.

rick

Reaction score
First of all i'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but i've put it in this place because it's the most frequently viewed :D

But if you feel like you must move it Ninja or GW, sorry for any waste of your time.

Right, i've got my PRMC on the 21st of this month and it would really help to read quite a few recent diaries at this stage...and the latest one on the forum is from August! So if anyone has recently completed a PRMC and wouldn't mind spending a few minutes writing a diary, i'd hugely appreciate it and i'm sure alot of the other lads would too.

Cheers for your time.
hey blanio,
i got there at 2:30pm, with about 30 or so lads , the rest came later on.
we got our names ticked off then shown our acom... block, 3 seperate sleepin quarters.
basically then you get giving your green cup to take with u to the mess hall [catine area], black water bottle, and then get your combats and different sets of military clothing u will need for the remaining days, then grad something to eat, and thats *text deleted* much wat happens on day 1.

day 2 up at 5:45 shower / shave , change into smart civvies, then line up outside of your sleepin quarters{u do a lot of this , get use too just standing there.
go 4 your breakie, bk for first phys test 3miler, get changed in pt kit {theres mind you},
green top and combat bottoms.
get told to form up outside prmc block in 3 ranks, then we march out of ctcrm, too the start of the 3 miler, warm up in the car park. run round in circle few sprints on the spot , stretches, then form up again 3 ranks. 1st mile an half easy pace set by corpral {seams longer trust me}my legs felt heavy,
then we met up with rest of the corprals at the half way point,{try a get near the front}off you go, fight your way thru at the start then get into your set pace for your 1.5 miler, {you should have been practising}.{i had to do the same started 10th finished 2nd 8:42.
bk to acoms... clean sleeping quarters,brief,then lunch at 11/ 12 ,
then 30/ 40 mins later gym test 1 ,
get changed in your phys kit, bleep test / 11 or above mate that all you need.
press ups. sit ups. pull ups, mine in order
13.0/75/92/6.
form up outside, march bk to acoms..., another brief/ lecture ,
i think on this day u do some marching drills with the dL[DRILL INSTRUCTER],
which most people didnt enjoy but i did.
march bk{thinking youve got dis marching stuff squared away till they shout, quick stop i think and get it wrong with the step.{lads that have been no wat i mean}.

about 6/7pm you have your tea,{ if you love apple crumble and custard your *text deleted* theres down at ctcrm}.
in bed at 10pm, oh yeah dont forget to bring your green cup with u too the mess hall.

day 3up same time 5:45,
by this time everyones wants to get in the showers early so be aware,
breakie, clean sleeping quarters ,changed into combats for the lovely bottom field.
first you do the death slide,
we got some not so very gud demos on my course{16th sept/19sept}, anyway some1 demo'd for use , so you wet your little rop that u slide down with, and walk up to the ladders, all harnessed up't, oh yeah you get told how too trap your harness up beforhand.
up the ladders to the top slide down, get told bend,stretch{ most familiar words at ctcrm }, when finished you get off the rope with som ladders, be sure not to drop the the metal clip the clips to the line/rop you slide down, on your harness,somelads found out why to there detriment.

bottom field assault course,
get shown the ropes first , then the assualt course obstacle/by obstacle,
you start at the two red sticks in 4s at 1 minute intervals.
at the end you sout your name out at the top of this mound then sprint in and shout *text deleted* name again whlie running past the corpral at the telephone box, which i didnt do , so when i got givien my scores , no time was on my assualt course, even though i no i past the time limit.
then determination test 4 about 20 mins sprint to where ever the boss tells u { by the way the boss , i think he was a major hates been called corpral so just say yes sir no sir/ the corpral, just corpral}
then you do 10 press ups 10 sit ups 10 burpess then same again, amongst this you get told to take cover , get down sharp'ish and crall to were ever the boss is , be sure to sprint to were ever your told to run too . before getting told to take cover,
if your in the last bunch crawlling bk you'ill get told to run again,
the you drag your partner up a hill 3 times, you swap during.
then get told weather you *text deleted* do a final legs or abs test we chose abs,
lie on your bk and lift your legs 6 inches off the ground for the longerst 30 secs ever, if any 1 drops we go again luckly no one in mine dropped theres so good effort.

get bk to prmc acoms... clean kit some more lectures /pay and condition/ weapons/ stuff like this.
lunch. then swimming test , jump off diving board the breast stroke around limits of the pool.

gym test two we didnt do we went bk to the pool for some team games,
which was hoofin.

bk for tea , oh and to also have 9oclockers like supper, if youre a late eater.
in bed for 10ish.

day 4 up sametime no phys to day just some more lectures if i can remember ,
you also go and see the other recruits in there founbation block at some point during your time there.
you get to have your interview on this day , but dont be surprised if you just have a section one or not 1 at all.
get told whos passed and failed, march over too another lecture room for final brief,
were go our pass certificated passed out to use the ctc way [chucked],
got told not to be stupid clamin *text deleted* a rm recruit to anyone for safety reasons and that,
then *text deleted* told to get lost and dont come bk.

pointers
.try a talk to people early on to settle any nerves.
.think before you speak or answer the corprals.
.train hard to run easy but not too hard.
.try a get asmuch sleep as u can *text deleted* believe me these days are long.
.dont make eye contact with the corprals when in rank and hes close to u just talking to ever1 in general.
.most of all enjoy *text deleted* self and think imfinally here,ive trained hard and long for this,
as they say soak it all in, very much true.
rick
[the journey to success is very much a personal and intimate one}
ourney to success is a very much personal ane intimate one.}

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
thanks mate, that is a really good insight!

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was looking for cheers mate.

And thanks to the lad that PMed me, that helped alot aswel.

I do appreciate how long these diaries take to write but they really are a big help so that thanks again.