Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC Diary 25-29th June

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by MassamanDave, Jul 2, 2019.

1. MassamanDave

MassamanDave Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Good evening all,

Was on the PRMC last weekxand with another 32 lads out of the 41 who started, I managed to get a pass!

The course went pretty much how I expected, having got a great insight from all the diaries before so won't go into great detail.

Tuesday - Traveled the 6 hours to Lympstone, find your room, fill out paper work, get the required kit, basic drill, eat, admin, eat, shower, sleep!

Wednesday - the room was awake for 5, breakfast, lecture with Sergeant Major (what a bloke he is!) then over to the gym.
    The order was Bleep test, press ups, sit ups, pullups, and then sprints and burpees for any scratching during the gym session!
    My stats
    Bleep 12.3
    Pressups 60
    Sit ups 85
    Pullups 13.

Bit of lunch then out over the road for the 3 miler. Let myself down a bit on this one and was way off my PB and got 9:52. Maybe a mixture of the heat and from tiredness from gym tests in the mornings, but my energy was sapped!

By this point we'd lost maybe 3 lads, a couple because of a lack of points and one for not getting in under 11.15.

Back to camp, quick shower and change and then over to the swim tests. Basic stuff but had a lad that refused to do the test to the amazement of the course and Sergeant Major!

The evening was spent doing admin, eating 2 big meals, a chat with two diamond recruits and getting to know more of the lads.

Thursday was a similar routine in the morning and then we were marched down to the bottom field, where we knew we were in for a treat!

Started on the low ropes and the confidence test before a demo and run through of each obstacle. We then had a timed run through of the course. Lost a couple lads on this. Not sure on exact time but got 3 points from this giving me a B grade overall.

Between all of this we had plenty of burpees, bend, stretch, halfway, hold and 'all that good stuff'.

The carries and drags were pretty grim lads, and if you haven't got the leg strength then you'll be exposed as by this point the whole training team was amongst us. We then had a sprint and take cover session which ensures your legs were torn up and burning if they weren't already!

Bit of lunch and then on the bus to the endurance course.

Pretty grim aswell but by this point we knew we were almost there, just got to keep up and not wrap!

Alot of exercises going up the hills, and pays to be a winner sprints throughout. You really do have to watch your footing on this. We re did the same carries as we did in the morning before having a quick drink and we were off running again! Obviously had all the tunnels, Peter's pool and the sheep's dip to crack at some point.
    After a couple hours we were there and treated to a Mars bar, a bit of juice and a clean smock to travel back to CTC in.

By this point you've pretty much passed by the Corporals liked to remind us anyone could be failed for bad attitude.

Loads of admin and eating to finish us off on Thursday evening after lecture on good eating, training and then a stretching session and 'all that good stuff'.
    Everyone was knackered but buzzing to get through it and by this point the lads in our room had bonded pretty well so was great to be share the evening with them!

Friday usual routine, just make sure all kits returned, and everything's clean! We got to go and get issued boots to take home, then had our results, a final talk and presentation from the Sergeant Major and then we were out of there!

Was a tough but great few days, met some great lads and pretty much was in awe anytime I saw a green lid, making me want it even more! Will hopefully be back for RT in September.

• Like Like x 16
  2. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Sounds like you had a cracking bunch of lads, 32/41 is the highest % of potentials passing prmc from the diaries that I’ve seen so far, you’ve got some quality stats there when are you looking to get a training date? Well done n good luck mate

3. MassamanDave

MassamanDave Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Sorry worded it a bit funny but it was 33 of that passed, so yeah a strong course!
    Spoke to Afco yesterday and he's trying to get me on one of the September troops

4. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Did you ask for that date then or are all the troops till September full? If so then that’s very frustrating

5. MassamanDave

MassamanDave Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Yeah I asked for September. Got a family wedding just before Summer leave so wanted to stay around for that. A few of the lads from the course got on the July intakes though!

6. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Fair one, you reckon you’ll be able to maintain your fitness over that big old period of time, especially if you’re going to a wedding

Ie don’t turn up to RT with a beer belly :D

7. MassamanDave

MassamanDave Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    2 months isn't that long! And if one boozy weekend was to put me out of shape I would have been buggered a long time ago haha

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    :D True one that, wishing you luck for rt anyway mate.