Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC Diary 3rd March - Pass

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by TrainInSaiyan, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Davs101

Davs101 Well-Known Member

Just out of interest how was the carries and drags? Are they difficult or a breeze compared to the whole day 2?

2. Wood90

Wood90 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    Drags are bloody horrendous I found the carrys not too bad and i carried a 95kg dude (some people really struggled) but it's not one part that's hard it's all the beastings you get continues sprints and different crawls are relentless and burpes in the water.

3. oJNAo

oJNAo Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I can add a couple things here as I really struggled with bottom field.

Make sure you pair up with someone who's a similar weight as I had to carry and drag a Scottish lad 15kg heavier than me and it took it's toll.

Do the correct number of exercises as I miscounted the water burpees and had to do 10 more normal ones then try to catch up with the pack who were already halfway through doing leopard crawls which I also found stupidly hard (Probably from wrong technique).

Main thing is lads, don't do anything half arsed as they will pick up on it.

4. Ben2695

Ben2695 Well-Known Member

Well done on passing mate on to rt !

5. Lucky-1972

Lucky-1972 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Well done guys! Great work. The more i read of these the more I want to do it. Need to improve my fitness though definitely.

6. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

7. WRM

WRM New Member

Thanks for the diary TrainInSaiyan. Just a couple of questions about the gym tests, Did they tell you your score out of 400? You said "a couple didn't make their pull up requirement" does that mean they didn't get the 3 minimum or does that mean the training team told you how many pull ups you needed to make up the points to pass the gym tests?

8. TrainInSaiyan

TrainInSaiyan Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Some pt's told people how many pull ups they needed, others didn't. Luckily ours did. I'm not sure how the scoring system works but I only needed 3 pull ups to pass, some lads had to 10+

The lad on the beam next to me needed 10 but hats off to him he managed it haha

And no we didn't find out out scores out of 400

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  9. Wings

Wings Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Did you do 3 or like I'm guessing it's all about doing the very best, went for. Ore?

10. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Yeah did 9, never try and do the bare minimum, they expect best effort at everything.

11. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I'm having this week to just chill out and eat what I want haha then I'm ramping it up again, I want to go into RT as fit if not fitter than I was at PRMC

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xerath

Xerath Venerated Contributor

What were your other stats mate?

13. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Bleep test got 12.5. I didn't do great at press ups - 37. 65 sit ups.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GL3711

GL3711 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    good effort mate thats a great read! got my PRMC in a couple of weeks, what were people averaging in the gym? IS 40+ press ups a pretty safe bet do you think?

15. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Cheers mate hope it helped. I'm not too sure what the average press ups were mate, I'd say around 40. Only one lad did the full 60. There wasn't many people left after 65 sit ups either. During your training aim for the maximum scores because I think a few people went down expecting to smash Pbs but the reality is you won't of had much sleep and nerves can either work for or against you. My press ups score was the worst I'd ever done.

Best of luck with your prmc mate.

16. GL3711

GL3711 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yer press ups and pull ups are my weakness that's all but like you say I have been training with maximum scores in mind. Im just gna trick myself into thinking the nerves are pure adrenaline on the day! Thanks a lot though, all the best in your RT!

17. FD1664

FD1664 New Member

*text deleted*ing awesome dude!

• Like Like x 1
  18. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I've just been doing bits to be honest mate up to now, kept myself fit without overtraining, had a couple nights out (I turned 25 Tuesday) and eaten absolute rubbish too :D haha I'm ramping it up again though now, got a month of hard work before we start. Is your lad training hard? I'm buzzing too mate, few nerves but buzzing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Deja vu

Deja vu Valuable Contributor

Training Saiyan. Have you put an example of the sort of training regime you have been doing up on this forum? If not would you?

Congratulations on your success at PRMC and good luck in training.

20. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Alright mate, not put an example up of what I did to prepare because I varied my training absolutely loads. Nothing was set in stone apart from making sure I did press ups sit ups and pull ups every day. I did loads of spinning, hill sprints, mock pjfts (straight after spinning to get used to running on tired legs) did at least one long run a week 10k or more. That's it really mate, just did what I fancied haha thanks buddy good luck with your application. If you want a set in stone programme I'm sure @arny01 has posted one he did for his lad, he was on my prmc and did well.

• Like Like x 2