Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC Diary 3rd March - Pass

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by TrainInSaiyan, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Deja vu

Deja vu Valuable Contributor

Thanks for that Training Saiyan.

Thanks for posting your regime here as well Arny01. Looks like a beast.

I'll give it a go in a couple of weeks, off on holiday after Easter, and let you know the damage you caused.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blueman

Blueman Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed POC

Thinking about using this model. Can you explain what you do for the BFT?

3. Fatboy

Fatboy Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    2x 1.5 milers

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainInSaiyan

TrainInSaiyan Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    2 x 3 milers split into 4 runs, the two best efforts in the middle so the slower paced run serves as a warm up and cool down, that's how I'd crack it anyway.

5. Blueman

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    And your lad didn't struggle with any training niggles running up to 6 times a week? Most people say don't do more than 4?

6. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    And just to add, his lad is 17 and at that age recovery is miraculous haha

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blueman

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    I'm mid 20s, so not as bouncy as I was when I was 17! Ha

I start your workout plan tomorrow. fitting it in around working full time is a bit of pain. Have had to switch it up a bit, mainly doing the longer runs in the evening as it's hard to squeeze them in before work. Ha

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I've just turned 25 mate, I run about 4 times a week with 2 rest days a week, I don't have a programme as such and just listen to my body, if I feel recovered I add more and if I'm knackered I take an extra rest day. Truth be told I went into PRMC injured with a strained intercostal and bad back, I over trained and by the time I realised I needed a break from training I was only a couple of weeks away from PRMC so decided to risk it. I was very lucky. Anyway moral of the story is listen to your body.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GL3711

GL3711 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Too true about
    too true! After a couple of light sessions at the weekend today was going to be the day I really ramped it up again for the first time after my prmc a couple of weeks back....The arch of my left foot thought otherwise however so running is out of the equation for a bit. Bloody gutted!

10. Ablankwall

Ablankwall Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    I dont think there was anyone on that prmc that wasnt injured aha

11. Blueman

App Stage:
    Passed POC

Hey mate random question,

how long did it take to get your train tickets after you sent your acceptance letter to the PRMC?

12. TrainInSaiyan

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    I had a prmc brief so picked them up there bud, not sure how soon they send them out via post

13. aliens-do-exist

aliens-do-exist Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi this is 5 years old but son just reading everything, as am i, question to anyone still around or training team...these old diaries seem far more brutal than the recent diaries i've read. Was PRMC more brutal then or just different?
    thank you

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Just some observations from me until someone better qualified comes along.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that attending PRMC is most people's first direct contact with a military environment. Candidates will be briefed on what they must do; how they must do it and when it must be done. If one individual does not comply exactly with instructions all the candidates face the 'consequences'. This emphasises the importance of collective responsibility which will be a key element of Recruit Training for those who pass PRMC and choose to enlist.

Being shouted at and being expected to comply with instructions doesn't meet my definition of "brutal" although it may be a new experience for some.

And nobody is compelled to comply. Anyone on PRMC can choose at any time to withdraw, leave CTCRM and return home.

15. CommonMom

CommonMom Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I don't think they do the 4mile run back to camp after day 2 endurance anymore. Lack of sleep? I think that's down to the individual. My son was excited, anxious and nervous all at the same time, so if the squeaky bed woke him at 4.30, that was it, wide awake! Shouting? Completely normal for military life I think. But there was no verbal bullying or intimidation whatsoever.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Yep, PRMC is constantly evolving.
    A night out in the field (at CTCRM) was once an element of PRMC. Candidates would be allocated sentry duty and some basic tasks. The theory was that it introduced the 'reality' of RT to candidates. The outdoor 'sleepover' is no longer a part of PRMC.

A repeated annoyance expressed in PRMC diaries is directed at those candidates who selfishly wake about an hour earlier than is required to supposedly get a 'head start' but by doing so disturb the sleep of others. -banghead-

• Like Like x 2
  17. CommonMom

CommonMom Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Luckily his room mates were in the same boat. Still don't know how they got hold of a cup of coffee at 5am.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1