Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC diary - fail

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by HotelBravoMike, May 9, 2019.

1. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Youll get it when you start at ctc blokes think it makes them more squared away. But in reality they dont keep it up for long they cant

2. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Or even sheer ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Did army selection a few months ago, think we had to be outside ready for breakfast at 6:30, no real cleaning to be done or anything.. bloke next to me sets alarm for 4:30, sleeps through it leaving me to get up and turn it off for him.. sound

4. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I’d of tipped him out his bed!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Heard a story from a guy on my prmc that on his first attempt someone did the same, alarm for 4:30. A guy who had been in RT and then redoing prmc apparently grabbed him and forced him back into his bed and gave a very light threat. Sounds like he got off lightly in my opinion

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Army selection is really just a medical and apparently now a 1.2 mile instead of 1.5 very basic. On my ADSC it was probably the same timings but one bloke snored so loud that most of us were up all night, even after waking him up he went straight back then this kid who had a nightly routine of drinking 3 pepsis woke up an hour early. Fortunately for us the snorer failed on hearing (kinda ironic) and pepsi aswell had high blood pressure so had to come back in a certain time frame down the line.

What unit you go for

7. Hubb97

Hubb97 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah I thought it was all a bit daft to be honest, spent 2 nights there and most of it was spent waiting for medicals aha, 3 Pepsi's before bed is downright insane-banghead-

I've gone for Royal artillery with the idea of getting cdo trained, seems like the better option in the long run for me especially with promotion rates and everything I've heard about potentially doing crap jobs for 2 years if I was to wait around for another year and try for RM again.

8. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Whatever flosts your fancy plenty of opportunity

9. kirbymorgan17

kirbymorgan17 New Member

it is wonderful to see the choices open within the british armed forces to enable test encourage and configure a certain type most suited to the roll not only to full fill to excel as all branches the royal artillery will indeed progress the gunner to become a commando the royal artillery will access your capabilities as you would expect army 2020 was undertaken to develop understand and counter a very fluid battle field the 4/73 as was stated the 1st intelligence surveillance reconnaissance and target acquisition brigade was formulated and formed 29 were as all and any wing able to be selected a visit to the citadel,aldershot hereford and on to gairlochhead all arduous tests in themselves as i understand it this has been very successful to achieve the goal of producing a commando all routes are open to achieve all the best

10. Pedders

Pedders New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Do you know how long you will have to wait now for your 2nd attempt?

11. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    It's a default time of 3 months I believe for everyone unless discussed otherwise with the WO2. Saying that though, tomorrow morning I'm going to discuss with my careers adviser if there is a possibility of a return in 8 weeks, knowing it wasn't my fitness that failed.

12. Pedders

Pedders New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    That's what I had heard but was just wandering, cheers mate. All the best with it mate. Hopefuls you can get back down in 8 weeks and crack it. Cheers

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  13. westy

westy Well-Known Member

With having your fitness levels as above, why on Monday don’t you start smashing the @arny01 programme?

1. You’ll smash the fitness levels out the park

2. You’ll be 100% more confident in yourself

3. You’ll show the PRMC training team that you have put a tonne of effort in for your return and that you want to become a Royal Marine?

Just an idea mate

14. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Absolutely mate, and that is the plan. Unfortunately due to the nature of my job I cant plan out a training plan until I receive my rota each week which is very annoying. However, improvise, adapt and overcome right?

But in all honesty, I am definitely going to use this time to improve ever aspect of my character and as you say, smash the phys out the park and show the effort I've put in. Arnys plan is obviously a proven winner so I'm going to take the actual training aspect of it and have to find ways to fit it into my working week. I will pass it mate, I've been shot down in the past and almost let it grip me but bounced back.

"Success is how high you bounce from rock bottom"

• Like Like x 2
  15. westy

westy Well-Known Member

And fail is First Attempt in Learning!!

Good luck mate

• Like Like x 1
  16. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Appreciated, Westy!

• Like Like x 1
  17. JWJ

JWJ Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I failed my first PRMC by one point. No excuses; I put everything in but simply wasn’t physically prepared which is solely my own fault. I returned to PRMC 7 weeks later and several kg heavier, and had the exact same training team taking it.

They remembered me and put more pressure on, especially during the determination assessment. Be prepared to be a known name. They will look for you to be a good example and help other guys out, especially with timings and cleaning etc.

Get used to bend and stretch routine. PRMC is nothing compared to what you’ll face in RT - just take the time now to develop yourself as much as possible. I regretted not getting fitter.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Kind of the opposite, but do many people have problems sleeping at PRMC's because of nerves and such?

19. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I suspected that and you've just confirmed my fears ahah. I have a very distinguishable name too -banghead- But as you say, I will develop myself and I can expect that going down so no excuses next time.

20. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Yes and no, on the first night when you're settling in and sleeping in the creakiest bunks ever it can be quit difficult to get to sleep. If you are worried about nerves keeping you up do what I did, go to sleep late and wake up early before you travel and do not sleep during the train journey. I was out like a light by 2215 night one.

Day 2 you should have no worries sleeping. An early start combined with all the phys and admin will drain you and everyone will be asleep by 2230.

• Like Like x 2