Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC fail 19-033

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by ALDL9RM, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Currently on the way back from CTC after being sent home early from my PRMC due to failing to reach the minimum pass level on the V02 Max rest. What a *text deleted* feeling it is but it is my own fault for not doing as much prep as I should’ve and then not paying attention to the Corporals during the actual test.
    Tuesday - Began my journey down to Lympstone at 9am and ended up meeting a few other lads who were on their way to PRMC on the train. Once getting to Exeter St David’s we spotted our train and a couple more lads on it, the suits and massive bags are a big giveaway! The platform at Lympstone was strangely quiet only interrupted by seagulls or corporals somewhere in the distance. A corporal from the PRMC team came down and collected us after about 30-40 mins of waiting and we made our way up to PRMC block where we got given our bunk spaces then weighed and measured. Then we had a little while to unpack and meet the other lads who had already arrived until our first detail-line up in the corridor before scran. After scran we had a brief on how to act around CTC, timings of meals and other stuff, then had a brief introduction to drill which I think the recruits in foundation enjoyed watching. Then cleaning the accommodation, 9oclockers, shower and bed.
    Wednesday- up at 5 and made our way to the heads to shower and shave. I’d braced myself for freezing cold showers but they were as warm as you’d have it at home so no complaints there. After showering and brushing teeth head into grots and if anything needed cleaning then it was cleaned. Suits on for breakfast at 6, we got there a couple minutes early but that meant beating the masses and getting breakfast served and eaten by 6:15, our first detail was at 7:45 in our PT kit and numbered bibs so plenty of time to chill out before gym tests. 7:45 was chief instructions brief about what to expect over the next 3 days (or 3 hours in my case!) and that was probably a good 30/45 minutes. Then back to accommodation, fill water bottles and line up in the corridor before ‘marching’ down to the gym. After unloading a wagon full of equipment for the PTs we were told to make our way into the gym (like *text deleted* off a stick) and line up in 3 ranks. The PTI gave us some basic instructions then we set off on the bleep test. Had a bit of a stinker in the fact that I was tired faster than I had been on previous bleep tests in my own training and found doing it on the gym floor much harder than tarmac. I ended up falling behind at around 9.7 and this got into my head and as I was sliding all over in a panic I got my 2nd warning at 10.1 and as I made it back to the other end the corporal at this end also gave me a 2nd warning but I thought it was my 3rd so stopped, only to be told ‘2nd warning you dick’ and to get over to the side. Needless to say I was fuming with myself as I stood watching the rest of the group smash it. As the rest of the group then lined up to get a demo for the press ups, the chief instructor told me to join them to ‘see what I was made of’. I got 4 points in both press ups and pull ups, and just missed 4 points on sit ups so this made my bleep failure even more frustrating but oh well it was my own fault. After completing gym tests, we got a bit of a bollocking from the PTI for not sticking to the bleep as a group and this resulted in press ups, squats and a warning that we owed him time tomorrow on the bottom field. Back to the grots and showered, I was called into the Corporals office and given my leaving form while the rest of the lads got their kit for the next few days as we’d not been given anything on the Tuesday. I was meant to be interviewed by the chief instructor but he was busy so I was told to just leave. A strong group of lads from what I saw and I wish them all the best, my advice to myself for next time would be to practice the bleep test more as I have easily gotten higher before. Don’t do what I did and feel like a *text deleted* it’s deffo not worth it lads. Will be on the phone to my AFCO first thing tomorrow I’m to try and get a date to go back down, I understand this is usually 3 months minimum?
    Sorry for this being a proper essay I think I’m just trying to entertain myself on the train and take my mind off of it

• Like Like x 6
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  2. fine

fine Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Catches a lot of people out. The nervousness from the corporals staring you down is not to be underestimated!
    I failed my first prmc too. You know what you need to improve on so keep your head up and smash it next time.
    Minimum of 3 months before the next try

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hgallb60

Hgallb60 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I got taken off my PRMC too last week, it sucks! I wouldn’t worry about it too much, you know what to do to move forwards next time. I’m sure you’ll smash it next time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Don't apologise. You've posted some genuinely helpful stuff which will be a wake-up call to a lot of candidates preparing for PRMC.

And it takes grit to honestly admit where one has gone wrong. Anyone can happily post a success story, so well done.

As you said, call your Careers Adviser tomorrow to discuss another PRMC. You'll smash it next time. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 5
  5. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks all I need the encouraging to put my morale back up!
    A side note I forgot to add, don’t try to overfill the racks that dirty plates and bowls go in in the galley because the little man behind the counter got very annoyed with me!:D

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  6. wes3

wes3 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    Apologise for nothing son. You had more xxxxs that most. One foot in front of the other. X you will learn and go back at it. Best wishes son. Chin up

• Like Like x 4
  7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Angry scoff (galley) staff, bless 'em.
    Possibly a genetic disorder peculiar to the occupation or maybe a result of the working day consisting of holding a sausage in tongs with the left hand while the right holds a ladle of baked beans. :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  8. MVP29

MVP29 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    @ALDL9RM - brilliant post. Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m a parent of a nod currently in training and I would have loved to get this amount of info out of him!
    Good luck at your next try, glad to see you are going to re-apply. Stay determined!

• Like Like x 3
  9. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

@ALDL9RM A word of note, with the time it will take you (likely time) it will be back to 11.1 as a minimum pass level for the bleep test not the current 10.5. Back up in March, but checked at the start of training for those that sneak in currently with the 10.5 from here onwards.!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  10. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Annoying is that mate, but at least you know where it went wrong and have a focal point for your training. Cheers for posting the Diary, it's very beneficial - especially as I've got mine in a few weeks. Chin up and crack on - no doubt you'll smash it next time! I've been following your training in other posts!

• Seen Seen x 1
  11. c4libre

c4libre Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I also was sent home after my first day of prmc cause i failed the bleep test, got 10.3. I was advised by the pti to have at least another 6 months of training before i attempt it again, but that might just be because of my age being 17 (time to grow and mature probably)

Spent a few days feeling low about it but once it passes u become more motivated and confident than u have ever been. Step up your training cause next time is going to be different

• Like Like x 8