PRMC Gym test 1 question

the_robmeister

Reaction score
When doing gym test 1 on PRMC, how long is the gap between the bleep test and the pushups?
I know they follow on from each other but is it 2 minutes later or more like 20 mins later?

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
it all depends on weather you finish early or later in the bleep test but there is plenty of time to catch your breath as they go through demostrations

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Depends how quikly you pull out the bleep test, if you pull out early you'l be running around untill everyone else has finished.

Then start the over excercises.

the_robmeister

Reaction score
Say it you dropped out at around the average time. Im just interested so i can train accordingly as i plan on doing a run throught of the 3 miler and gym test one in the next few days and would like to get it as close to realistic as possible so i have an idea of where i am with my training at the minute.
thanks

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It is pretty much straight after, but you line up ready for each event, so you will have time to recover, don't worry.

hazholmes

Reaction score
The PRMC I was on had such a big course the bleep test had to be run twice to accommodate all the people! So if you ran the first time you had a good 10-15 minute breather. Otherwise you walk in a circle catching your breath for about 30 seconds then you are lined up in the gym, and given an example. I'd say its about 2-3 mins wait.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
All physical assessments at Lympstone have a warm-up, recovery periods between each section, followed by a warm down at the end.

The thing to remember is that you must not hold-back thinking that you need to conserve energy for the next evolution - the PTI's know if you pull-up short, for example in the Bleep Test, in anticipation of the next evolution. The phrase "Dig Deep" will become all too familiar.

The fitter you are, the quicker you recover.