PRMC Kit list

Mr T

Reaction score
Is there any chance that someone could point me in the direction of where I can view this?

Or could some one post it up? (Waits for Ninja to appear.....)

Mine has gone walkies.

Cheers

robj

Reaction score
well im bored as *text deleted* so i guess i'll type it out *text deleted*

1. bath towel
2. toilet gear, including soap, nail brush, shaving gear, hairbrush, toothbrush and tooth paste
3. swimming trunks
4. black shoe polish and brushes
5. 2 pairs of thick socks
6. smart civilian clothing (trousers, shirt and tie)
7. enough cash for sundries (£25)
8. flip flops
9. sports clothing (2 pairs of shorts, 2 t-shirts/vests and running trainers)

thats the list my AFCO gave me anyway.
Also, if i were you i'd take 2 towels not just one and make sure you have LOADS of spare underwear and socks!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Here's the official one, doubtless people will recommend more towels & sportskit...

POTENTIAL ROYAL MARINES COURSE KIT LIST
1. Bath Towel.
2. Toilet gear, including soap, nail brush, shaving gear, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste.
3. Swimming trunks.
4. Black shoe polish and brushes.
5. Two pairs of thick socks.
6. Smart civilian clothing (including spare underwear) to include jacket, shirt and tie for travelling and for ‘clean’ periods of the course. (CTCRM will provide boots and clothing for the ‘dirty’ periods).
7. Enough cash for sundries (£25 is usually sufficient).
8. A pair of Flip Flops to wear in the showers.
9. Sports Clothing to include at least 2 pairs of running shorts, 2 running vests or T Shirts and a pair of good running shoes (trainers) for PT.

A suitable pair of running trainers. These should not be thin soled fashion trainers but a thick soled, cushioned and supported pair of running shoes that are compatible with the high impact nature of running on a track. Without proper running trainers, the probability of shin splints and injury is increased.

D'oh, you beat me Rob!

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja u seem to b like the genie in a bottle. "I grant you unlimited requests and they will all come true" :*text deleted*:

dj-chris-mac

Reaction score
was just about to make a topic on this *text deleted* mines disapeared haha

cheers lads 8)

MBBMX

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Been curious about this for a while. Thanks guys.

vers01

Reaction score
Here's the official one, doubtless people will recommend more towels & sportskit...

POTENTIAL ROYAL MARINES COURSE KIT LIST
1. Bath Towel.
2. Toilet gear, including soap, nail brush, shaving gear, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste.
3. Swimming trunks.
4. Black shoe polish and brushes.
5. Two pairs of thick socks.
6. Smart civilian clothing (including spare underwear) to include jacket, shirt and tie for travelling and for ‘clean’ periods of the course. (CTCRM will provide boots and clothing for the ‘dirty’ periods).
7. Enough cash for sundries (£25 is usually sufficient).
8. A pair of Flip Flops to wear in the showers.
9. Sports Clothing to include at least 2 pairs of running shorts, 2 running vests or T Shirts and a pair of good running shoes (trainers) for PT.

A suitable pair of running trainers. These should not be thin soled fashion trainers but a thick soled, cushioned and supported pair of running shoes that are compatible with the high impact nature of running on a track. Without proper running trainers, the probability of shin splints and injury is increased.

D'oh, you beat me Rob!

Sorry Ninja i have a quick question about trainers if i may?
i do a lot a trail running, so the shoes i run in are obviously trail shoes. Now as you know they are running shoes, but just heavier duty running shoes to be able to cope with an off road and mountainous environment. Now will the PTI's have a problem with me running in those in the Gym, even though they are non marking?

Cheers
Adam

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Sorry Ninja i have a quick question about trainers if i may?
i do a lot a trail running, so the shoes i run in are obviously trail shoes. Now as you know they are running shoes, but just heavier duty running shoes to be able to cope with an off road and mountainous environment. Now will the PTI's have a problem with me running in those in the Gym, even though they are non marking?

Cheers
Adam

If they are a "chunky boot style" it's doubtful they will be allowed in the gym, as they stipulate training shoes, but I'll double check for you & alter the post if they advise differently.

The trainers worn on PRMC just need to be well padded at the heel, clean, not "fashion trainers or tennis-style" & non-marking, they needn't be expensive to be "good" running shoes.

vers01

Reaction score
If they are a "chunky boot style" it's doubtful they will be allowed in the gym, as they stipulate training shoes, but I'll double check for you & alter the post if they advise differently.

The trainers worn on PRMC just need to be well padded at the heel, clean, not "fashion trainers or tennis-style" & non-marking, they needn't be expensive to be "good" running shoes.

much appreciated

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just to update, yep as suggested, trainers must be just that - knobbly soles aren't good on polished wood apparently.

bigfish

Reaction score
question on swimming trunks

hey just wondering by swimming trunks is it meant speedo y front style or are swimming shorts acceptable?

Thanks

gingman1992

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i brought all my stuff for PRMC wednesday and brought black swimming shorts that dont come below my knees, i think these may be ok for PRMC

inchy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
would hi tec silver shadows be ok for running in the gym?

fatty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
whats "toilet gear" ? is it bog roll or what ?

toothbrush and paste nail brush (very important super way to scrub clean quick) shaving set i think you get the idea.

on the trainers front i couldnt afford any trainers (i always worn boots and thats all i had) so my dad went through his cupboard and found some unbranded silver shadow type trainers a size to small and they were fine (exept the crushed toes affect)

fatty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yes even if you don't have any facial hair they will get you to run the razor over your face regardless it's not as likely at PRMC though

J

joshk

yes even if you don't have any facial hair they will get you to run the razor over your face regardless it's not as likely at PRMC though

i have facial hair but not to the extent a man has if you know what i mean still take a razor though