Here's the official one, doubtless people will recommend more towels & sportskit...
POTENTIAL ROYAL MARINES COURSE KIT LIST
1. Bath Towel.
2. Toilet gear, including soap, nail brush, shaving gear, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste.
3. Swimming trunks.
4. Black shoe polish and brushes.
5. Two pairs of thick socks.
6. Smart civilian clothing (including spare underwear) to include jacket, shirt and tie for travelling and for ‘clean’ periods of the course. (CTCRM will provide boots and clothing for the ‘dirty’ periods).
7. Enough cash for sundries (£25 is usually sufficient).
8. A pair of Flip Flops to wear in the showers.
9. Sports Clothing to include at least 2 pairs of running shorts, 2 running vests or T Shirts and a pair of good running shoes (trainers) for PT.
A suitable pair of running trainers. These should not be thin soled fashion trainers but a thick soled, cushioned and supported pair of running shoes that are compatible with the high impact nature of running on a track. Without proper running trainers, the probability of shin splints and injury is increased.
D'oh, you beat me Rob!
Sorry Ninja i have a quick question about trainers if i may?
i do a lot a trail running, so the shoes i run in are obviously trail shoes. Now as you know they are running shoes, but just heavier duty running shoes to be able to cope with an off road and mountainous environment. Now will the PTI's have a problem with me running in those in the Gym, even though they are non marking?
If they are a "chunky boot style" it's doubtful they will be allowed in the gym, as they stipulate training shoes, but I'll double check for you & alter the post if they advise differently.
The trainers worn on PRMC just need to be well padded at the heel, clean, not "fashion trainers or tennis-style" & non-marking, they needn't be expensive to be "good" running shoes.
whats "toilet gear" ? is it bog roll or what ?