PRMC kit list

JPM

Reaction score
ive got my prmc is just over a weeks time and am busy sorting out the kit list. i was wondering if anyone can help me.

first of all i wanted to know if we need to have a jacket for the smart clothing? as all the videos ive seen they just have trousers, shirt and tie.

Also is the recommended amount of £25 for sundries sufficient or would anyone recommend taking more.

And last, for the sports clothing, is there a preference on type and colour or will any do? as the only videos ive seen of the gym tests are when in RT and everyone is wearing the same kit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you have a jacket, wear one, but it's not essential for PRMC.

£25 is ample- you won't be going on the lash whilst there, so unless you want to by a load of stuff from the shop, 25 is plenty. There's a cash point anyway.

Any colour is fine but football shirts should be avoided if you want to blend in rather than stand out. Many guys reckon it's worth taking a couple of extra spare sports tops too. The videos you were watching may well have been of Recruit Training where they all get issued the same kit- don't worry for PRMC.

Good luck

JPM

Reaction score
thanks alot ninja

I don't have a jacket at the moment so thats why i asked.

I know some of these things might sound a bit stupid but i get really paraniod about not getting the right stuff and looking like a *text deleted** on Prmc.

Thanks for your help.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
No problem - don't worry, everyone has a few last minute doubts/queries & that's the idea of the site.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
thanks alot ninja

I don't have a jacket at the moment so thats why i asked.

I know some of these things might sound a bit stupid but i get really paraniod about not getting the right stuff and looking like a *text deleted** on Prmc.

Thanks for your help.

When i was down at my PRMC, a lad turned up with jeans and t-shirt.....pierced lip and allsorts.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
When i was down at my PRMC, a lad turned up with jeans and t-shirt.....pierced lip and allsorts.

One of my colleagues sent a guy down with an Afro hairstyle a few years back - a grumbly phonecall from Lympstone ensued, but when all's said and done, the guy passed and then got his money's worth at the CTC barbers!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
regarding that i have a rather mighty chin beard, obviously it's *text deleted* go for RT but as i'm postponing the inevitable would it be a good idea to loose it before PRMC?

JPM

Reaction score
ive read through alot of post on this website and quite a few people seemed to be attached to their facial hair.

Seedytucker - it might be a good idea to get rid of the beard before prmc or you could keep it and see what they say when you get down there, you never know you might start a trend.

bounty hunter

Reaction score
they'll tell u 2 shave every morning, one guy in my prmc didnt shave before he came out n had 2 quickly shave on the train about 10mins from lympstone *text deleted*... they will check a guy got told off because he missed an area on his face but no 'extra phys' happened lucky him then

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As long as you don't have a 'ZZ Top' set or long flowing locks that aren't tied-back, thus causing a potential safety hazard on the assault course, for example, then there should be no problem for PRMC.

Then again, if you want to be the "grey man" then obviously you would not want to stand out. Remember, you want to look "smartish" too.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You actually don't need to bring money, Only a few people used the shop on my PRMC, I used it because I could to buy some sweets(tsk, peanut m&m addiction *text deleted*) but it is definetely not necessary, especially 25 quid.

Not a bad idea to bring money for the journey though, you never know!