PRMC Kitlist

JC19

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
PRMC Info

How do you receive information about what to take down to PRMC?

Do you have a sit down with your CA and go through everything or do you just recieve a letter nearer the time with kit lists etc?

Cheers,

JC

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Some AFCOs undertake a PRMC Brief for all applicants attending.

In any event all candidates get a letter which includes joining details, kitlist, PRMC Briefing notes & rail or air tickets.

steman

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
PRMC Kit list

Alright lads! Got my PRMC on the 29th as you can see, I have a kit list provided by the AFCO but i know all you clever candidates out there have all got your own hints and tips so mainly for those who have already done PRMC but please guys list things that you found useful that you took on your PRMC that isnt on the official kitlist so far i have:

Zinc oxide tape - to help prevent blisters
Spare pair of boot laces - just incase the ones i get are tatters.

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Insoles, if you need them. I was thinking about taking a watch with me for the night out sentry. Don't know if it's any help
Good luck
J

Ben10_RMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
On my prmc the corporal was not amused when most of us did not have watches for the night out sentry duty so a watch is good I didn't take much I did however make sure my trainers were fairly new and wouldn't slip on the wood during the bleep test so I made sure to clean the soles alot so they were grippy

jable1066

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If you've got space in your bag I'd go for 2 pairs of trainers - in doors and out doors. On my RMAD it heaved it down with rain and incidentally all the gym tests were done in wet trainers that made the hall very wet and slippy. I'll be taking a watch and compeed or tape. Good shout on the laces too!

Nath91

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If you've got your own standard issue boots take them, 2 towels, your favourite pyjamas, loads of socks and boxers, couple of shirts, couple of ties, go faster stripes to put on your shoes, speedos and not baggy swimming shorts..

DPS

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Got a good tip to take a bright coloured shoelace so you can tie it to your locker key. Apparently they're all thrown in a bucket and it's much easier to find yours with this attached.

A bunch of flowers for the training staff, a home baked cake, a beret off ebay and a crazy haircut to show you're hard.

Nath91

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Got a good tip to take a bright coloured shoelace so you can tie it to your locker key. Apparently they're all thrown in a bucket and it's much easier to find yours with this attached.

A bunch of flowers for the training staff, a home baked cake, a beret off ebay and a crazy haircut to show you're hard.
You don't get locks for your locker on prmc.. your talking about RT

fluxed02

Reaction score
A watch for Night out,
Decent insoles for boots
Notebook and pen.
Zinc tape, i took it but didnt get time to put it on (although if you pick a good pair of bootsies that are soft and do up properly you should be fine, i also wore a thin pair of socks underneath the issue socks.

If anything prepare to be *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted** for very small things.
Good luck

DPS

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You don't get locks for your locker on prmc.. your talking about RT
Ah, it was something I read on here ages ago. Obviously didn't remember that detail.

Still, the other items are essential.

Nath91

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, it was something I read on here ages ago. Obviously didn't remember that detail.

Still, the other items are essential.
I don't think the flowers will go down to well... I'm waiting until I get their and going into their office with ?5k in cash and sorting out a deal..
Or I might just pass prmc the old fashion way!

Messenger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget your favourite teddy and blankie. PRMC grots can be pretty cold and to snuggle up against Poo or Piglet will make you feel warm and secure as you drift off to sleepy-byes!

And when you've woken up from dreaming of kittens and puppies, you will hear the bellowing of the training team at 05.00 screaming in your ear to get the fkkk up, eating your breakfast in 2 minutes and throwing it back up on the endurance course!

Ch9366

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Don't forget your favourite teddy and blankie. PRMC grots can be pretty cold and to snuggle up against Poo or Piglet will make you feel warm and secure as you drift off to sleepy-byes!

And when you've woken up from dreaming of kittens and puppies, you will hear the bellowing of the training team at 05.00 screaming in your ear to get the fkkk up, eating your breakfast in 2 minutes and throwing it back up on the endurance course!
As horrible as that sounds it actually sounds like heaven to me! When that is happening you know your nearly at RT!

steman

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Stop hijacking my thread ta.
Anything else anyone has found useful while on their prmc? I'd prefer experience rather than best guesses as I'm lookin to go buy everything I need before the end of the week.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Plenty of pairs of underwear etc, on my first prmc we had to do a lot more cleaning than the second one so it was useful to take clothes for cleaning stuff, but my last one didn't involve as much cleaning. Boot laces would be a good call, but if not just rob them from another pair in the stores. Watch would be good for sentry but as long as one person has got one you'll be fine. I took zinc oxide tape, applied it in the morning before bottom field and endurance course then I put fresh stuff on, after my final sentry duty before going to sleep. Otherwise you won't have time in the morning. A bin bag or two to take your dirty kit home in. A big one lots of guys on my prmc didn't do is boot polish but also a PAIR of brushes, one for on one for off. Dark coloured shirts are ideal, I only wore one but a spare is good incase you spill scran down it. Few lads on my prmc wore speedos which I would recommend, it makes swimming easier (*text deleted*) but if you pass you will need to buy some for training anyway.

Hope that helps

Chub

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ross pretty much summed up everything you need.

I would definitely buy boot laces. Even if you can get some from other boots most the ends are frayed so its hard to put them in your boots.

steman

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thanks guys that will probably cover the kit issue, now what about extra scran i've heard some say take while others say dont etc...

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
packs of haribo will no doubt come in handy when you get peckish throughout the week. At least they did when I went through way back when.