PRMC March 4th

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
Hiya all im on this PRMC, If anybody else is please let me know! Thanks!

MisterP

Reaction score
How you doing mate, I'm on this one too. Just under 3 weeks to go - how you feeling about it? The 3 miler's my worry, even though i'm getting in on time on practice, i'm not smashing it like some of the guys on here. I'm running at least 3 miles every day just now till the PRMC, so hopefully i can shave off a few more seconds between now and then.

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
hi mate. i know not long left to go now, my biggest worry is the push-ups and pull-ups because i can get a maximum score but im fresh when doing them, but from what i hear they have a hard warm up before these exercises are conducted. but hopefully ill do fine. ye my running time is good enough in practise but not sure how ill manage on the day with the nerves and all that! where abouts do you live mate if you don't mind me asking? i live in pudsey leeds! whats yours scores like? mine are as follows
1.5 miles 9.55
3 miles 19.37
press-ups-51 best so far usually around 45 -50 region
sit-ups 68
pull-ups 5 can almost get 6 just carent lift my chin over bar!

MisterP

Reaction score
I'm from Glasgow (9 hours on train to PRMC!!). I did the RMAD a couple of weeks ago, and i thought that a wee bit of nerves actually help you ...adrenaline and all that. My scores are similar-ish to yours:
PJFT- 9.34
Press-ups- about 50 (reckon i'll be doing 60 by the PRMC)
Sit-ups - 50 to 60
Pull-ups - 5 (managed 6 today, but like you, the last one didn't really count)
I'm trying to run the 3 miler out in 12min 30 (but i'm always going to fast in practice - usually under 11min) then i'm getting back in about 10min dead

[I did 6 pull ups on the RMAD, but I only scored 4 as my chin wasn't quite over the bar enough on the last 2 (i think they're quite strict on that)].

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
ye know what u mean, i try and run 1st 1.5 mile in 12.30 but i always run it too quick or too slow, my pull-ups are same really annoyin *text deleted*. do you do all your press-ups to finish in time with the 2 minutes because i can do around 39 in about 1 min then im having to take a few secounds break (in press-up position) and then carry on to reach my maximum amount but i feel if i carry on without takeing a break im gona fall flat on my face *text deleted*. on your RMAD did u or any body else on the course experience this and what did the PTI's react to this? Thnx

MisterP

Reaction score
You're allowed to take as many rests as you like during the 2min, but you have to be in the press-up postion (straight body and legs off the ground). If your knees hit the ground then that's you finished. A couple of the guys there got penalized for bad form - they knocked 4 off their score each time they saw bad press-ups, but i couldn't look up to see what it was that they were doing wrong - might have been elbows out or not straight enough arms when they pushed up. The PTI's on the RMAD were really easy going, but they warned us that on the PRMC they're mega shouty - a lot of it's encouragement though.

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
thanks mate that good to know. was really worried about that part of it, also on the RMAD how long did you have to hold for when doing pull-ups, currently i hold for 2-3 secs at top of each, is that enough you reckon? thanks

MisterP

Reaction score
More than enough mate. On the RMAD we only held it for about a second on the up and about a second on the down.

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
Thanks, is there anyone else from your area of on this course? there are three other people from my area of on the same date. how do you think you'll do at the PRMC, im really worried about day2 with the assault course and the determination test. thanks