Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC November 29th

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by HEF_RM, Nov 1, 2019.

1. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Passed PRMC this week. Not going to post a diary as plenty on here, however any questions feel free to ask away. Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    What was the pass rate for your course?

3. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Around 44 started at 23 passed

4. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Christ that’s a fair amount, we had 35 start and 22 pass. Congrats on the pass mate, what start date you looking to get?

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

Hopefully Jan 27th

6. Canty95

Canty95 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Nice mate!! Big congrats!! Was that the earliest start date available? Also got my prmc in 2 weeks, anything you’d recommend making sure I’ve got covered?

7. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

Don’t give up. One lad pulled himself of the drags and then BF finished two minutes later. Just hang in there it does end. As long your putting in 100% effort they don’t care where you are. Train legs as well!

8. HotelBravoMike

HotelBravoMike Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Best of luck mate, hopefully the weather will have started improving by then for you ;)

9. Canty95

Canty95 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ah mate exactly so you never know! I bet he was gutted but perfect reason why you shouldn’t stop. Thanks for that mate. Aye doing odd squat circuits between hill sprints and doing running on the sand dunes allot so hopefully that helps. *text deleted* incorporate legs allot more these last couple weeks

• Like Like x 1
  10. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Helllo mate, well done on the pass. Is that the earliest date you could get?

11. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

2nd of December was the earliest.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Good lad!

13. Victor Brownsword

Victor Brownsword New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I was on this one too and passed.

The best pieces of advice I can give are:
    - take it one evolution at a time. Do not think about what may/may not come next.
    - don’t expect to be doing well at something you haven’t worked on by magic - ie if you leg endurance sucks then you are most likely to suffer on duck walks, lunges etc.
    - carries/drags can be a shock to the system. Practice them with a mate or load a strongman sandbag with your BW with cheap gravel from BnQ.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Kiwinfantry

Kiwinfantry New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Grats on passing mate,

Where did you lose the most people? Is it common for people to do good on the gym tests but then fail the next day?

15. Victor Brownsword

Victor Brownsword New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The biggest loss in number always seem to be because of points however having enough points does not mean you will pass day 2. I failed my first bottom field despite having a total of 22 points.

As said many times before on this forum, you need to have the right mental resolve, good leg endurance and flexibility (duck walks aren't just about endurance, they also test your mobility big time) and the ability to do the carries. My advice would be to test yourself and replicate day 1. If you don't get a pass from day 1 alone, postpone your PRMC and get fitter.

In my opinion you should be going in knowing you will get the points, and place most of your focus on getting through day 2.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

Think we lost around 6 on the first day. Failed bleep test and people struggling to get 11/12 points, so would be unlikely for them to get 5 on assault course to make 16, so just get sent home.

16 was a pass but still poor to get anywhere near that, most people got around 20 points and 6 people including myself got a B grade.

Think we lost around 8 people after the assault course who failed to get 16, which wasn’t good. Think this is quite common though, so people should be aiming to be passing on day one so they don’t go into Thursday chasing points to scrap through.

People who aced the gym tests still struggled on bottom field ETC, just comes down to the right mindset and would highlight who just trained for the RMFA rather than BF/EC. Leg strength is key and would recommend adding in squats jumps, ducks walks, crawls and bear crawls into a run in order to increase leg strength. Still a hang out however, but just stick with it!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lawman

Lawman Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Going back a bit here, We had 36 on my PRMC back in 2018, we lost 8 on the BFT, then 4 on Bleep, 1 on pull ups and 1 couldn't do it, by that point we had lost enough members that we got stronger from it, and didn't lose a single member after that and everyone minus a few (including me sadly pull ups were never my strong suit) got a B or above, last year for some reason people were failing the BFT the average amount of people failing was around 6 I believe, now it seems people are failing on points, weird that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. H_557

H_557 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @HEF_RM what did you do fitness wise in the last week before PRMC? Did you tone the intensity down mate?

19. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

Had a complete rest day Monday.

Just stuck to body weight phys, few light runs and swim sessions. Not improve on anything in The last week so not point trying to grind the phys hard, don’t do anything phys on the Tuesday of PRMC (maybe extra press ups!) so acts as a rest day in its self