Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC or POC commitments?

Discussion in 'Potential Officers Course Dates' started by jhughes1, Jan 22, 2012.

1. jhughes1

jhughes1 New Member

I'm really bad with forums so i have no idea how to check if someone has already asked this question or something similar :S so sorry if they have...
    But i was wandering if i went to PRMC or POC would i be in any way commited to enlisting or is it that if you find you dont want to go in the end youre not actually signed up to anything? also does it hold any benefits to actually joining? or negatives if you dont do too well?
    thankyou :)

2. MBBMX

MBBMX New Member

I believe you're legally entitled to withdraw your application at any stage of the process, that is, until you actually begin day 1 of training. You're then obliged as OR to spend 4 weeks in training before you are permitted to leave.

What begs the question is why you'd want to know, since it costs around ?7000 to get an applicant as far as PRMC/POC, and to back out of the process at last minute after such a lengthy process would be taking the mickey to put it lightly.