PRMC panic

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Manuallabour, May 30, 2018.

1. Manuallabour

Manuallabour New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Evening everyone

I know there’s been a ton of questions like this; but would someone with a bit of knowledge look over my training plan for me?
    My PRMC is 24th July, roughly 8 weeks, and I’m starting to panic *text deleted*.

Monday: BFT
    Tuesday: RMFA and swimming
    Wednesday: Hill sprints and gainers
    Thursday: 4mi run and gainers
    Friday: Fintan circuit and swimming
    Saturday and Sunday: Rest, maybe a cycle.

Current stats:
    9:21 BFT return
    40/60/7
    Level 11 VO2 max

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, be honest!

Cheers :)

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

From reading prmc results a lot of lads get caught out from doing a pfa and a bleep test same day. After 4 weeks id say add the bleep test on the monday as well

• Like Like x 1
  3. Manuallabour

Manuallabour New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    @aliB

Yeah sounds like a good idea. Will start that next week.

4. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Dont smash it all to soon make sure you have a couple days rest before you go, these are the days were you get fitter from recovery

• Like Like x 1
  5. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    like someone above said i would combine monday and tuesday. also your overall scores arent great, probably just enough for a pass depending on how you do on the assault course, so its important for you to try and increase them, maybe add some more bodyweight training, or just increase what you do when you do it to try and bump those scores up a bit. plus id definitely recommend adding in a longer run as well, around 8 miles.

• Like Like x 1
  6. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

That 4 miler needs to be more like 6-8. And you need to do a BFT followed by an RMFA on the same day!!

Your training plan is ok, but a Prmc will be 2 days of constant high intensity low recovery serials. Your training needs to reflect that.

Edit! Stop panicking. Focus! And work hard. 8 weeks is plenty of time to get you in a very good place physically.

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Manuallabour

Manuallabour New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks, great advice

8. Imperator13

Imperator13 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I’d suggest having a good look at Arnys plan to be honest, at least structure it the same or very similar!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ibby

Ibby New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Sounds a bit silly but anyone know how long we get between breakfast and the BFT and then lunch and the RMFA and also how long apart both tests are?

10. Romo

Romo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    did my prmc a week ago now and they now do RMFA after breakfast you get enough time to digest, and i dont think you need to worry about that aha, then bft in afternoon followed by swimming straight away.

11. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You get 2 to 3 hours between eating your meal and training so you don’t have to worry about digesting. You only get about an hour and a half between eating and the bottom field on day 2 though so keep that in mind, they say eat big but don’t eat too big like I did or you will be throwing it all up on bottom field haha.

12. Ibby

Ibby New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    That aint too bad actually. I think I'd prefer it that way round, thanks for that. How did your prmc go?

13. Ibby

Ibby New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thanks, I'll have to bear that in mind haha dont get me wrong I'll probably be sick anyways but for some reason i find i can train better on an emoty stomach

• Like Like x 1
  14. Romo

Romo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    yeah was good mate, bottom field was a hang out i threw up around 10 times but if you want it enough you just get on with it and dont care if you are sick again or again the corporals saw that, as i was the youngest there they actually thought i did well, keep going no matter what, if youve got to this stage and are attending a prmc then you know why you are there!! All in your head mate, dont be weak minded otherwise the corporals will let you know that youre a weak individual. Good luck with your PRMC buddy and dont give up it will all end at some point just keep telling yourself that, thats what i told myself and it ended, quitting didnt once come into my head if I'm honest lad!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ibby

Ibby New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Nice one mate, congratulations as well! Safe for the advice as well, literally all mind over matter isn't it.